Do you carry Pocket Knife with u?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No knife, just a gun. You are safe NOWHERE!!

There was a woman, lives in one of the best neighborhoods, burgular kicked her dooor down and tried to kill her, you have to protect yourself. And if well trained, your protection will never turn against you

Originally Posted by MakeupByMonet /img/forum/go_quote.gif HaHaHaHa L.A Is Awesome Not super scary Dangerous lol Anywhere is Just as dangerous If your one Helpless girl Walking alone at night Lost You are right and I apologize, I did not intent to offend anyone from anywhere....Still, I remember seeing a lot of gang fights, in LA, even in nice residential areas. Mind you, I've lived in SF for a few years, and I'd never go on Market street alone at night. You are right, as as long as you're not caught alone at night, you should be safe anywhere...Let's remain friends, agreed?
g.gif

Originally Posted by MachineofGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love Britains drug and booze culture; im a product of their system. Yes I started on the weed at 14 and havent had a day of the smoke or bev since I was 17 (5 years) but im no f*ck up. I consider myself to be on the correct track and I feel the work I do makes a real contribution to those in need. I may be on complete self destruct but as they say "live fast, die young"
And if I offended you in any way Grace my apologies, I think my humour is also a bit British

Hey, I was afraid of having offended you!! I admit getting a bit annoyed when you wrote that you know of no drunk and horny Italian man, when I just got back from the UK where alcohol seemed to be on everyone's mind, almost obsessively... (I'll admit about thier being too randy, though, but that happens even when they're sober
laughing.gif
. From this to attemped rape, there is a huge difference, as Italians flirt with ladies but don't rape if the girl does not accept their flirting) You can understand how I felt, because the people who tried to corner me were from Northern Africa, and I'm not saying that I don't like them either (well, I'd have gutted the drunen threesome with no pity,Lisbeth-Salander-like) but I got lucky. Better, they did
eusa_whistle.gif
You must know that Italy is JUST STARTING to become a multi-ethnical society, unlike other countries, like the UK, where immigrants are very well integrated since decades... My son's best freinds are a muslim boy, Hussain, from Pakistan, the other is Chinese and they are both smarter than most Italian kids becvause they have a goal, a purpose in their lives, while Italian kids have it all already and don't have to work hard to get it. That does not mean I don't like to get pissed as well!!! Actually, I got to stay away from the stuff because (a) I love wine and spirits (beer takes too long to get me pissed!
laughing.gif
and too many carbs for my diet...) ( B) I love getting a bit drunk, but in a safe situation, at my house or a friends' place where I don't have to drive (highly illegal here) or in a pub from which I can get home on foot. If not, I'll take a cab. As for weed, well, I went to the University of Berkeley, if you know what I mean... And I never visited Amestardam JUST foir its museums....
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
Actually, I was so wasted from trying out the various types (I was on a high for three contiunous days, so I knwo where you come from, too!) The best I've tried to date, however, was Mexican and Thai. We're talking about tea leaves, of course, ain't we, MoG??
glasses.gif
I lost my Bob Marley's smiley! In Italya we say: the neighbour's grass is always better..to smoke!

Thanks Grace! I agree with Monet that anywhere can be dangerous if
hand.gif
I agree with both of you, I was trying to be a bit nationalist about my country's persistent stereotypes.

At any rate, I repeat my offer to provide you with tips/advice/shopping/eating/sightseeing, you name it, so you'll appreciate your trip even more.

If you pass by Milan and don't let me know, I'll send you a drunk & horny Italian man chasing after you!!
add_twinkle.gif
No kidding, if you pass by Milan I can show what the sleek and trendy Milanese people do for happy hour or show you the Da Vinci Last Supper.
ven.gif
Did you know it's a fresco in a Milan's church? Or I can send you my very handsome son Alexis (18 but looks like 24. A bit young, ain't he? But he never gets drunk
laughing.gif
) to show you the best disco clubs in town...
thrashi.gif

I live in a parisian surburbian town, and Paris is always full of tourists, i believe if i'm safe there, i'm safe everywhere else, with the usual habits of precaution. I know i'm more careful about my bag and what i put inside it when i'm in Paris, pickpockets aren't racist lol.

Basically, there are dangerous places everywhere in this world, it then takes your common sense and a few simple precautions to minimize the risks.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I live in a parisian surburbian town, and Paris is always full of tourists, i believe if i'm safe there, i'm safe everywhere else, with the usual habits of precaution. I know i'm more careful about my bag and what i put inside it when i'm in Paris, pickpockets aren't racist lol.Basically, there are dangerous places everywhere in this world, it then takes your common sense and a few simple precautions to minimize the risks.

I was referring to sexual harrassment leading to potential physical assault, and that's the only reason for me carrying Mace & pocket knife. A man who wants to force me to do that has to point a gun to my head or he'll be dead. Pickpockets are a total different story: you either don't notice they're doing it or, if threatened with a gun or knife, it's just better to give them the money or wallet and thank them for letting you go with your own legs..

Money's not worth getting in trouble for. Dear thief, just take it and get away from me.

But my private parts are something for which they have to knock the light out of me before they can even take a glimpse of it. If I could shoot a rapist, I would, no pity at all. And with this, I'm done on the subject. Cheers!

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif No knife, just a gun. You are safe NOWHERE!!
There was a woman, lives in one of the best neighborhoods, burgular kicked her dooor down and tried to kill her, you have to protect yourself. And if well trained, your protection will never turn against you

I agree. I don't care where you are at, danger lurks everywhere.

You are right and I apologize, I did not intent to offend anyone from anywhere....Still, I remember seeing a lot of gang fights, in LA, even in nice residential areas. Mind you, I've lived in SF for a few years, and I'd never go on Market street alone at night. You are right, as as long as you're not caught alone at night, you should be safe anywhere...Let's remain friends, agreed?
g.gif

Hey, I was afraid of having offended you!! I admit getting a bit annoyed when you wrote that you know of no drunk and horny Italian man, when I just got back from the UK where alcohol seemed to be on everyone's mind, almost obsessively... (I'll admit about thier being too randy, though, but that happens even when they're sober
laughing.gif
. From this to attemped rape, there is a huge difference, as Italians flirt with ladies but don't rape if the girl does not accept their flirting) You can understand how I felt, because the people who tried to corner me were from Northern Africa, and I'm not saying that I don't like them either (well, I'd have gutted the drunen threesome with no pity,Lisbeth-Salander-like) but I got lucky. Better, they did
eusa_whistle.gif
You must know that Italy is JUST STARTING to become a multi-ethnical society, unlike other countries, like the UK, where immigrants are very well integrated since decades... My son's best freinds are a muslim boy, Hussain, from Pakistan, the other is Chinese and they are both smarter than most Italian kids becvause they have a goal, a purpose in their lives, while Italian kids have it all already and don't have to work hard to get it. That does not mean I don't like to get pissed as well!!! Actually, I got to stay away from the stuff because (a) I love wine and spirits (beer takes too long to get me pissed!
laughing.gif
and too many carbs for my diet...) ( B) I love getting a bit drunk, but in a safe situation, at my house or a friends' place where I don't have to drive (highly illegal here) or in a pub from which I can get home on foot. If not, I'll take a cab. As for weed, well, I went to the University of Berkeley, if you know what I mean... And I never visited Amestardam JUST foir its museums....
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
Actually, I was so wasted from trying out the various types (I was on a high for three contiunous days, so I knwo where you come from, too!) The best I've tried to date, however, was Mexican and Thai. We're talking about tea leaves, of course, ain't we, MoG??
glasses.gif
I lost my Bob Marley's smiley! In Italya we say: the neighbour's grass is always better..to smoke!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks Grace! I agree with Monet that anywhere can be dangerous if
hand.gif
I agree with both of you, I was trying to be a bit nationalist about my country's persistent stereotypes.

At any rate, I repeat my offer to provide you with tips/advice/shopping/eating/sightseeing, you name it, so you'll appreciate your trip even more.

If you pass by Milan and don't let me know, I'll send you a drunk & horny Italian man chasing after you!!
add_twinkle.gif
No kidding, if you pass by Milan I can show what the sleek and trendy Milanese people do for happy hour or show you the Da Vinci Last Supper.
ven.gif
Did you know it's a fresco in a Milan's church? Or I can send you my very handsome son Alexis (18 but looks like 24. A bit young, ain't he? But he never gets drunk
laughing.gif
) to show you the best disco clubs in town...
thrashi.gif

The Italian man I was talking about is definitely not your stereotypical Italian. I am thinking on working in his lab in Milan after I finish my PhD, so I might be working on providing your country with better crops sometime in the future!

I wouldn't bother carrying a weapon. It's not really impractical in a street situation. You need training and/or experience to effectively use a gun or a knife, so it could be more of a liability than an asset.

And even with the proper training, who knows what would happen the the second you reach for, or pull out the weapon.

Plus, your bare hands are more practical in these street situations since you can be very effective with making the least detectable movements possible. There's a lot which can be done against a knife or a gun in a close proximity, especially against the average thug (like when you're expected to raise your arms, you can use that expected movement to redirect the gun, break the index finger, and take possession of the weapon).

And the right self defense techniques (like Krav Maga for example) can be really effective against a few opponents to neutralize the threat and escape

Well said, elbows to the nose are effective and pretty brutal (very short range) but can be put into a combo as a follow through from a punch

No. I feel secure in my environment. I would give them what they demand and let the police take it from there. For anything else, I have a knife rack for those situations at home.

I Totally Agree with what april Said NOWHERE !!

And Princess Grace No worrys I wasnt Offended I was just stating I come from L.A Area & There are bad Ppl AS THERE IS EVERYWHERE!!! oF COURSE WE CAN BE FRIENDS LOL

Originally Posted by MachineofGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif Keys are also useful for ripping up someones face, plus they are completely legal! I'm serious now: How difficult is to get hold of a taser? Is it illegal everywhere? I guess only the cops can carry one, correct? Key-rings, that was my mom's weapon! Both my parents were strong, my dad was an athlete and an amateurial boxer, too. I love Kung Fu & Karate, but I'd love to learn Aikido: so many things you can do with a piece of wood (can't carry Samurai swords around, too cospicuous
glasses.gif
and besides, I'm not Uma Thurman).I'm kinda of a tomboy, believe it or not. In California, I had a beautiful rifle, a Mauser 7x57 which I got for my B-Day! I only used it to the shooting range to improve my aim. But I learned how to make hunting ammo, however, I would never use one: hand-made ammo are dangerous and require the utmost precision when loading powder.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif And if well trained, your protection will never turn against you even if you kill the person that has burst into your house, making you the murderer?
i'm absolutely against carrying weapons of any kind in self defence. i live in two large cities, both of which i feel safe in but obviously i don't go walking around by myself at night. i don't think there's any need to carry a knife, especially with the huge knife problem we already have in this country. carrying it in self defence doesn't excuse your attacker from taking it from you and using it to hurt you, or stop you from going too far with it and hurting someone else.

my goodness! if you want tasers, you can purchase them in thailand, along with knuckle dusters, ninja stars, and the most unbelievable arsenal of illegal weapons.

Tasers are certainly illegal in Australia.

Honestly, I have never felt the need for such protection!

Originally Posted by Princess Grace /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm serious now: How difficult is to get hold of a taser? Is it illegal everywhere? I guess only the cops can carry one, correct? Key-rings, that was my mom's weapon! Both my parents were strong, my dad was an athlete and an amateurial boxer, too. I love Kung Fu & Karate, but I'd love to learn Aikido: so many things you can do with a piece of wood (can't carry Samurai swords around, too cospicuous
glasses.gif
and besides, I'm not Uma Thurman).I'm kinda of a tomboy, believe it or not. In California, I had a beautiful rifle, a Mauser 7x57 which I got for my B-Day! I only used it to the shooting range to improve my aim. But I learned how to make hunting ammo, however, I would never use one: hand-made ammo are dangerous and require the utmost precision when loading powder.
smokin.gif
I think we would get along pretty well!!! You seem like one cool charcater and im not being sarcastic.Your the knife collector as well, yeah? Wow, your as i said one cool character, did you look at the pic with some of my knives?

Oh yeah i made my own ninja star when i was working in a steel fabriucations factory

Originally Posted by MachineofGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think we would get along pretty well!!! You seem like one cool charcater and im not being sarcastic.Your the knife collector as well, yeah? Wow, your as i said one cool character, did you look at the pic with some of my knives?

I'm the knife collector allright! Re-send me the link to your pictures, please
glasses.gif
By the way, did you say that you.re coming to wok in Milan in a lab?? It's important that I know
eusa_whistle.gif

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif my goodness! if you want tasers, you can purchase them in thailand, along with knuckle dusters, ninja stars, and the most unbelievable arsenal of illegal weapons.Tasers are certainly illegal in Australia.

Honestly, I have never felt the need for such protection!

Just kidding, Ladies! Trying to show the extreme side of me, but actually I'd never purchase one! I think I'd already have enough troubles as it is with my Swiss knife and my Mace.... Relax, I'm not into violence at all but in preventing it. Being cautious at my age is fundamental, I have a son to think about (and a job, too!) Peace and Love and Viva Obama!
rockwoot.gif

[quote=MachineofGod;1610586 Did you look at the pic with some of my knives?

Hi MoD, send me the link!!! I want to see them. Are they good pics?

Well its one of my options once i finish the current project (Nov 2011) so quite a quile off but ill let you know if im going to visit him for meetings or conferences etc.

Oh yeah i sent you a message about the links to your page so we keep it relevant, haha!

Originally Posted by Lucy /img/forum/go_quote.gif even if you kill the person that has burst into your house, making you the murderer?
Uhm...ya that's why we have the castle doctrine law. You try to break in my car, my house, my place of business, I can blow you away and not get so much as a blemish on my criminal record, as long as it is proven that you are the robber, and I was defending myself, and I have a permit to carry, and the weapon is registered to me.

Me personally...I dont **** with anyone, I dont invite people to my home, I dont have guests to my home, I have 4 children to protect, you kick down my door, I will blast you out of the door, you carjack me, I will blast you out of my truck. And until you are violated, or someone you love has been violated, naturally you will be against it. That's your choice. The laws here protect me and give me that right. I have been violated, it will never happen again. It will never happen to my daughters.

Latest posts

Back