Prefer to be Pale or Tan?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some people looks good when they are pale and when they are tan
bawling.gif

I think Meegan looks better in tan "version" but she looks ok beeing pale too.

I think I wish to be tan - I mean light tan, but first I'm alergic and have to use SPF 50 all year and second when I'm tan I look ...funny not pretty.

So I'm pale- very pale (like in my avatar).

And what about You- do You prefer to be pale or rather tan?

I'm pale on purpose because I think I look silly, if I get darker. And people around me always ask me why am I so pale. So annoying!

Originally Posted by aliana /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm pale on purpose because I think I look silly, if I get darker. And people around me always ask me why am I so pale. So annoying! Two months ago I was in Sephora - it was summer, very hot, so I was wearing only La Roche Posay Fluid SPF50. Then some woman came to me and ask if everything ok with my face and what do I use....?

And she told I look like a vampire
laughing.gif
, but not these vampire from movies...She meant the ugly one.

Isn't it annoying when people ask why are you so pale. Like it's an illness!

I used to use fake tan like mad from the age of 17 as in if I'm not tanned up I don't leave the house!

I've realised you can be beautiful pale.

I love it. I always tanned because I have dark hair and being pale people always assumed I'm a goth.

So pale for me. I don't mind the summer tan here cus it gives me a nice glow. I do not like these women who look as if they soaked up the entire sun. I know someone so tanned she looks like a prune. Ick

Originally Posted by chez_moi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Two months ago I was in Sephora - it was summer, very hot, so I was wearing only La Roche Posay Fluid SPF50. Then some woman came to me and ask if everything ok with my face and what do I use....?And she told I look like a vampire
laughing.gif
, but not these vampire from movies...She meant the ugly one.

LOL! I'd bite her neck! Most people are too used tanned look so they think you're sick if you're pale. Ugh! I don't go around asking people why they're so tanned!

I'm very pale and I'd like to keep it that way. A tan on me wouldn't look natural...but those who have naturally darker skin are lovely. I think as long as people are their "real" color, they tend to look pretty good.

I'm quite pale and most of my family is the same way except my mother! She can just look at the sun and she'll get a lovely sun. LOL the doctor by mid summer even tells her not to stay out too much :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> she's a lucky duck!

I've always tried fake tanning lotions and noticed the terrible smell, or how orange you get, so I just stopped. If anything when I'm out during summer, I get sunburned
laughing.gif
so I just try to stay protected outside and be how I am regularly.

Originally Posted by alm1217 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm very pale and I'd like to keep it that way. A tan on me wouldn't look natural...but those who have naturally darker skin are lovely. I think as long as people are their "real" color, they tend to look pretty good. People who have naturally "tan" skin are beautiful - that's true.

Originally Posted by inchesnfalling /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm quite pale and most of my family is the same way except my mother! She can just look at the sun and she'll get a lovely sun. LOL the doctor by mid summer even tells her not to stay out too much :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> she's a lucky duck!I've always tried fake tanning lotions and noticed the terrible smell, or how orange you get, so I just stopped. If anything when I'm out during summer, I get sunburned
laughing.gif
so I just try to stay protected outside and be how I am regularly.

My mum looks like brasilian beauty - I do look like snow baby
smile.gif
Tanning lotions means one to me - ORANGE FACE and yes THAT smell
puke.gif

I prefer being tan. I'm Italian, so I have a darker complexion to start off with anyways.

Originally Posted by coffeegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I prefer being tan. I'm Italian, so I have a darker complexion to start off with anyways. But you're naturally darker so it's...natural :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I feel weird if I get tanned too much. I just prefer my natural colour and not worry about it too much.

Originally Posted by coffeegal /img/forum/go_quote.gif I prefer being tan. I'm Italian, so I have a darker complexion to start off with anyways. I was in Milan on holiday and Italian women are beautiful with their natural darker complexion. But if me- pale one become darker I'd look
laughing.gif

I have a medium tan. I don't really like it that much since it's harder to go without makeup, else I look a bit dirty.

Pale skin is preferred, as it's easier to maintain, but I can't lose the tan I have since I went on the biking tour.

Megan isn't tan, she's orange. And it looks ridiculous.

I think natural skin tones are pretty, but when you try to tan them they look silly. Tanning has gone to the extreme here in the U.S., and I see so many chicks who have on too much fake tan or have done too much tanning. It looks gross.

Edited to Add: I am not talking about people who are naturally tan.

I'm Mexican so I am naturally tan, but I do like to tan a little to get a bit darker. I feel like you can see every little dimple nook and roll on my body when I am less tan. I agree that tanning has gone extreme in the US. When you start to look like an oompa loompa, you've gone too far.

^^^^^

I'm Mexican, but I'm super light and pale instead. Just goes to show how diverse we really are.

I actually like being pale, I just think I look better pale. I actually think Megan looks better pale too. I do like to tan a bit in the summer hot months, so it looks like I actually stepped out my house, but only to get a glow not to actually get several shades darker.

I don't ever fake tan, I think that looks ugly, orange is seriously not a good color.

I like my skin "sunkissed". In the dead of winter I am really pale and its okay because I stay covered up. I never liked being pale since it looks like you weigh more then you actually do. In the spring months after my first tan, I get a nice bronzed glow that lasts all summer, I do not like being really tan though it looks really fake and looks horrible with blonde hair. With a little tan your legs look more toned and you look pounds lighter, thats why I love it so much. It makes me more confident.

I prefer to stay the same skin tone year round, NC20, with yellow-ish undertones, funny, a lot of people assume fairer people with light hair and eyes have pink undertones, but I really don't have any. But my mother's skin tone is quite different, more of a medium beige with cool undertones, to give a general idea. Also, if I were to tan, I'd have to find new concealer and foundation shades for my new skin tone, and it's enough of a pain to try to find the correct shades for my one skin tone, but 1-2 additional shades? No thanks!

I like to have a medium tan. I have hungarian and irish roots which means I can get really dark or really pale. If I get too dark, I don't feel like myself. I work in retail also and whenever I'm tanned everyone thinks I'm hispanic and tries to speak Spanish to me. But then again when I'm pale, my yellow undertones come out a lot more.

So it's a balance.

I am naturally "tan"...I don't mind being in the sun once in awhile to get some extra color, but like a lot you said, your natural skin color is the most beautiful IMO

Back