Prefer to be Pale or Tan?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the winter I can be pale and I prefer to be pale. In the summer I tan naturally and quickly so I go with that.

I have a deep tan year round. Don't really have a choice. lol
wink.gif

I definitely prefer to be tan, even though I'm fairly pale naturally. I feel like I just have that healthier glow when I'm tanned, and my skin tone looks a lot more even. I can wear less makeup (foundation etc) and my skin looks better. I like to do mostly spray tanning though, with only a tiny bit of bed tanning (for the minimum amount of minutes or less) every so often before I spray tan to help it absorb in better and stay on longer.

After the first time I did the spray tan, I was worried about whether or not it would look orange. I thought it didn't, but I was like "What if other people do?" but then a girl at work noticed I looked tan but she thought it was a real tan, and was really surprised it wasn't! So there was my answer!
biggrin.gif

I prefer to be my natural color - pale. If people ask me why (cause you know, everyone wants! to be tan at whatever the cost) I just tell them I prefer looking elegant to being fashionable.

Originally Posted by sarah_elizabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif its a total pain trying to find foundations same here
Lumene Natural Code Vanilla is ok and so is Gosh's lightest (lovely neutrals, not orange or yellow), lots of mineral makeup companies also cater for pale people.

Originally Posted by luckeepinkstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I get teased all the time for it but I will be laughing when we are 50 and I have good skin
smile.gif
hahaha I agree Even though my skin is tan (for life lol)I always wear sunblock and never bake my self in the sun !

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have a deep tan year round. Don't really have a choice. lol
wink.gif
You have very nice skin
smile.gif

I like being pale in Winter, I just feel so silly in Summer
tongue.gif

I´m naturally pale (but even more pale due to Retin-A & sunscreen), but I look better with a (fake) tan. A tan makes my undereye circles look less dark, my complexion look more even (every red spot looks more obvious on pale skin) and I don´t get the "OMG you are so white, are you sick?" remarks from relatives when they see me in my completely natural state. I don´t even bother telling them about the need for sun protection, they still believe a tan is always healthy

I use self tanner year round, on my face, neck and chest. Sometimes I also wear the gradual tanners on my body in the wintertime.

I definitely prefer being tanned, fake tan of course!

I feel more attractive and healthy with a bit of a glow!

xxoo

I'm technically a woman of color and can tan naturally, but even if the sun wasn't bad for the skin, I have been told I have a pretty natural color and look better pale.

I think Megan looks best with a bit of seemingly natural color or her natural fair skin.

source-complex.com

source-askmen.com

i was tan once not for me, i am pretty pale. and i am me that way. as for megan fox, i like her both ways.

Today, it is more attractive to have a dark tan. Darker skin helps bring out muscle tone and makes one appear thinner.

I am fatty, So, I love tan, right?

I am not going to lie I love being tan. I would not mind being pale if I looked good pale but I just look so much better tan.

I prefer being pale. I am very pale naturally (NC15 in MAC Foundation) and I don't mind it at all. I like how my makeup stands out against my skin and I just generally like being pale lol.

I'll be honest, I think I look better without makeup the darker my skin is. But I LOVE the lattitude my skin gives me when it's lighter... So I'm on the fence.

I am VERY pale, but I do actually get tan instead of burning. I am Italian and Irish so even though I look albino, my skin can get color.

I'm not going to lie though, I use self tanner all the time because I hate the way I look pale. It just doesn't work for me. So no one really knows how naturally pale I really am!

I'm not super tan, just normal now with the self tanner. Plus I have dark hair, so a liitle color looks best on me!

I think pale looks great on other people, but not me. Maybe it's because I got teased about it a couple of times when I was younger! A pale complex! Just kidding....

its my goal to be pale

i love my pale skin

and wow megan looks hot pale
smile.gif

my i love the gothish looks soo yeah

Back