Prefer to be Pale or Tan?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like to have a medium tan. I have hungarian and irish roots which means I can get really dark or really pale. If I get too dark, I don't feel like myself. I work in retail also and whenever I'm tanned everyone thinks I'm hispanic and tries to speak Spanish to me. But then again when I'm pale, my yellow undertones come out a lot more.
So it's a balance.

You're lucky
smile.gif

Originally Posted by perlanga /img/forum/go_quote.gif ^^^^^I'm Mexican, but I'm super light and pale instead. Just goes to show how diverse we really are.

I actually like being pale, I just think I look better pale. I actually think Megan looks better pale too. I do like to tan a bit in the summer hot months, so it looks like I actually stepped out my house, but only to get a glow not to actually get several shades darker.

I don't ever fake tan, I think that looks ugly, orange is seriously not a good color.

I do remeber Your perfect, fawless skin form FOTD - it's new meaning of beeing pale
smile.gif

I think in general most people look good with the skin they have, no need to change it. I'm pale and I like to stay pale. I actually don't tan, I burn so my only other option is fake tan. I really don't want to look like an oompa loompa, so I just stay pale year round.

My skin is naturally tanned so I don't have to worry in a sense but I do get asked several times ! by other black people and they say why are you so pale ....I don't go outside that much. If I do I use sun block.

I am actually having an issue with my makeup ! If i get too light I have to use loreal true match W6 if i get a slight tan I have to use w7 and if I am in between which is happening now. I need to use the w6 with a bronzer ...

One time I was so Embarrassed I used the w6 ( this summer ) when I went hiking. People talked to me about my dogs and my bf did not even tell me how pale and light I looked. He tells me when we get in the car to leave ! He was like your makeup is light today like Michael Jackson ! He thought i wanted it like this.... when I looked in the mirror I looked crazy super light face and darker body
bawling.gif

And I think me pale and me tan (me orange) looks like two different persons.

First is just a baby faced girl and the second is the girl who is acting in some kind a way.

I don't know how to explain that, but it's true.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif Megan isn't tan, she's orange. And it looks ridiculous.
I think natural skin tones are pretty, but when you try to tan them they look silly. Tanning has gone to the extreme here in the U.S., and I see so many chicks who have on too much fake tan or have done too much tanning. It looks gross.

Edited to Add: I am not talking about people who are naturally tan.

I agree Megan does look gross , I dunno if anyone seen that covergirl commerical with Drew Barrymore it was a while back. They tanned her and she looked orange on the commerical ! she looked ridiculous !
I live in Los Angeles and we have so many people tanning themselves... What i hate to see is a bottle blondes ( almost white blonde) with orange skin ..... Sadly these woman think they look amazing
tocktock.gif

It looks unatural , no one in real life has super blonde hair and orange skin lol. I wish these ladies would use the self tanning lotions or spray tans ( not orange ones but nice complementary colors to their skin tones)

Originally Posted by Nievesgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree Megan does look gross , I dunno if anyone seen that covergirl commerical with Drew Barrymore it was a while back. They tanned her and she looked orange on the commerical ! she looked ridiculous !
I live in Los Angeles and we have so many people tanning themselves... What i hate to see is a bottle blondes ( almost white blonde) with orange skin ..... Sadly these woman think they look amazing
tocktock.gif

It looks unatural , no one in real life has super blonde hair and orange skin lol. I wish these ladies would use the self tanning lotions or spray tans ( not orange ones but nice complementary colors to their skin tones)

Totally agree
frown.gif
As I said I'm pale, but I tried to be tan- just ONCE.

Here it is.

Orange girl by Helena Rubinstein
smile.gif

I looked like my own older version.

Originally Posted by chez_moi /img/forum/go_quote.gif Totally agree
frown.gif
As I said I'm pale, but I tried to be tan- just ONCE.Here it is.

Orange girl by Helena Rubinstein
smile.gif

I looked like my own older version.

I don't think you look that bad. You do look older though. I think the lighting you took picture under also makes it look oranger. I don't trust my Bathroom lights for anything lol Cameras also will have varation in colors when you take pictures.
If you use those jergen's lotions or the ones by loreal you wont be orange. I use them on my PALE legs. They have it for the face, you can build the tan by putting the lotion on each day. I even tried the face lotions on my face and liked the nice natural glow I got from them.

I'm pale (NC15), and I love it. I'm not white pale as I have freckles so I'm just very fair, but I think make up stands out fantastically on pale skin. Not to mention we look gorgeous in Winter!
wink.gif

I'd love to be able to pull off certain make up, like green for example. I just feel a bit silly as I'm so fair
tongue.gif

I think that people's natural skin colour looks good. I'm not really liking the fake tanned look, especially when people have and orange neck/ body and still wear pale make up. I guess because people go way over the top with trying to get a tan and it looks very orange.

Megan Fox looks stupid.

Also, is brown/dark skin considered being "tan" or not? Or does "tan" mean having an orange complexion? I really never understood this lol.

Originally Posted by Roshni Diya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think that people's natural skin colour looks good. I'm not really liking the fake tanned look, especially when people have and orange neck/ body and still wear pale make up. I guess because people go way over the top with trying to get a tan and it looks very orange.
Megan Fox looks stupid.

Also, is brown/dark skin considered being "tan" or not? Or does "tan" mean having an orange complexion? I really never understood this lol.

I'd say brown, golden skin is "tan"

I think its nice to have a beachy golden tan but some people over do it a la Jersey Shore but I guess thats how they like it.

pale all the way
smile.gif
like mentioned above really yellow tones as apposed to the cliche pink. i purposely make sure i dont tan. its a total pain trying to find foundations but i love the porcelain look too much to go tan.

I love a light nice tan in the summer. I still have somewhat of a tan because I know I'm not my natural color right now, and I'm not sure how haha, but I enjoy a slight tan so I don't look ghostly.

But during the winter I'm not going to try so hard as to go to tanning beds or fake tan. I think pale is beautiful too.

Originally Posted by sarah_elizabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif its a total pain trying to find foundations Definitely! It took me MONTHS to find the right one, I finally found MAC's studio fix in NC15
love5.gif

Pale. Of course with the tired skin of an allergic and my red cheeks you don't really notice it, but i am pale. Being tan isn't an option for me, i skip that step to directly go the lobster red burnt. Not pretty !

I have a medium skin tone and tan easily. However I don't bake in the sun like I did when I was a teenager and I use sunscreen. I like to use a powder bronzer on my face year round for a sun kiss glow.

I am pretty pale and I like to keep it that way. I always use sun screen!! I get teased all the time for it but I will be laughing when we are 50 and I have good skin
smile.gif

Natural.

Or use a little tinted moisturizer or bronzer, to give your skin a little glow.

(i need to buy them both, lol)

But that's the look i like. :)

But not too dark, otherwise you look weird,

but a bit of a glow is nice.

Back