2010 Winter Olympics (Vancouver BC)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I quote..
smile.gif

Originally Posted by esha /img/forum/go_quote.gif I call 3-2 Canada!!!
I am so happy we won!!!!

Hmm, I haven't really been following the Olympics. The only event I actually watched was the men's snowboarding.

To be honest, I'm much more interested in watching the Six Nations rugby tournament that takes place this time every year. Unfortunately, though, Wales aren't doing so well this year
frown.gif
I think it'll be Ireland or France who win this time...wish it was Wales though
frown.gif

Thought the Olympic experience was pretty good - can't believe we won all those gold medals!!!

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thought the Olympic experience was pretty good - can't believe we won all those gold medals!!! that Canadian modesty always manages to shine through
its like that commercial, we dont want to take too much credit after all we're Canadian!

Loved the closing ceremony where Canadians are depicted as modest, and that we apologize too much. Maybe we should get some of those 14 gold medals "bronzed" hehe!

LMAO! I loved the lumberjacks carrying in the giant beavers and flying moose!

That is the exact stereotype i remember people asking me about when i told my friends in Europe we were moving to Canada.

And Micheal Buble with his mounty girls were great.

That hockey game was amazing! I was screaming and freaking out through the whole game! haha.

Both teams played so well!

Luongo rocks! Luuuu!!!

I'm sooo bummed the olympics are over, but it's probably a good thing... I was glued to the tv for the whole time it was on. My favorite to watch was Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir... their ice dance for the gold medal brought tears to my eyes... beautiful! I am such a sap... lol!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif LOL I had 3-2 US in OT... so close..... Maybe in 4 years
smile.gif

I can't believe I fell asleep during the closing ceremonies!!

And I am pretty bummed too that the olympics are over, the winter games are my absolute favourite! Now there is nothing on tv, and makes going to the gym crappy. I would get so into watching the games there that I would lose track of time and end up working out for a lot longer haha. See olympics are good for my health

I have say one thing about the opening ceremony. I was SO hoping that the opening ceremony was going to out do Beijing, China and I couldn't wait to see it. Beijing, China's opening ceremony was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. IMO, Canada's didn't even come close to it. It could be that it was summer vs. winter Olympics, not sure.

I dunno I really liked the Vancouver opening. I always watch the Summer Games, but absolutely love the Winter Games. These were fabulous and very memorable. There were many highlights but not just for the US & Canada. The hockey game was so exciting and could have gone either way, great drama!

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have say one thing about the opening ceremony. I was SO hoping that the opening ceremony was going to out do Beijing, China and I couldn't wait to see it. Beijing, China's opening ceremony was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. IMO, Canada's didn't even come close to it. It could be that it was summer vs. winter Olympics, not sure. Canada doesn't need to out do anything - come up here an see what we are all about sometime!
The closing ceremony rocked!!! Great music and we really showed our sense of humour - now that's what Canadians are all about!!!!

Now I heard the best part - Stupid NBC!!

they cut the Closing Ceremony short to show some lame reality show!! and Carolyn is so right. The Canadians show they have a great sense of humor. Now if this was the US Olympics what do we get ?,,,, Hollywood, Vegas or Nashville give me a break.

Luckily i saw it all on CTV ... way better coverage btw. the NBC analysts are so full of themselves they detract from the events they are covering.

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have say one thing about the opening ceremony. I was SO hoping that the opening ceremony was going to out do Beijing, China and I couldn't wait to see it. Beijing, China's opening ceremony was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. IMO, Canada's didn't even come close to it. It could be that it was summer vs. winter Olympics, not sure. Well considering Beijing spent over $100 million vs Vancouver, which spent close to $40 million, I think they did pretty well.

Could also explain why we aren't in a recession

Originally Posted by Dragonfly /img/forum/go_quote.gif Canada doesn't need to out do anything - come up here an see what we are all about sometime!
The closing ceremony rocked!!! Great music and we really showed our sense of humour - now that's what Canadians are all about!!!!

I agree with Dragonfly with regards to the ceremonies. I enjoyed the opening and closing ceremonies.
We Canucks have a great sense of humour about ourselves.
laughing.gif

Great hockey game! Both teams played well. Since I'm Canadian all's I have to say is WOOHOO!
rockwoot.gif

I came across this website with awesome photos of the Olympic opening ceremonies Opening Ceremonies for Vancouver 2010 - The Big Picture - Boston.com

Latest posts

Back