30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK people, we have one more space remaining for Set Three, and though the adjusted sign-up date has passed, please, please let bellatrix42 know if you might have a potential Inspiration to submit! Remember: there are also five spaces left for Set Four (Aug. 7th sign-up) and four for Set Five (Sept. 7th sign-up) so please do sign up and start thinking about something for your favourite colours, or least-used colours, or end-of-summer (sorry!), or Hallowe'en/Thanksgiving/autumn, or anything at all!
Also, @@oneallmama, @, @@Christa W, and @jbird1175, if you haven't already done so, I'll remind you to please get your images to bellatrix42 via PM by July 25th which is the new Set Three submission date.

If you're thinking about submitting a mani as our sixth Inspiration for Set Three, this means you also have until the 25th to get it to bellatrix, so there's time yet! Please do consider volunteering! Thank-you for all of the wonderful submissions so far in this adventure; I'm definitely inspired by them!

Response #7

Time to try two glitters. Like Supreme, I wanted to do something with some sort of additional pattern detail. I tried it knowing that if my glitter pattern really didn't work, I could always cover it with... more glitter!  The larger green & blue (the colours don't show well in these photos; there are also small coppery dots in there) hex glitter is Cult Nails Dance All Night and the platinum one is Essie On A Silver Platter. Honestly, the latter is less of a topper and more of a straight-out polish; it is almost opaque in the one coat here. It does have many glitter types in it, which were hard to get to show in the photos. It also surprised me by having a very golden hue to it as it looks silvery in the bottle. The base under Dance All Night is China Glaze Frostbite and my 'glittery' blue on the other three (six) fingers is Zoya Dream. I used Zoya Timo to create the deep blue accent line.

Blue & Glitter #1 rt.jpgBlue with Glitters lt.jpg

Thank-you to @@Lolo22 for volunteering to submit a mani in honour of a special day! @ please add Lolo22 for Set Three. For reference, Inspiration Set Three:

Inspiration Set Three

Please sign up by July 17th & submit photo(s) to bellatrix42 by July 25th.

1. Lolo22  (responses August 11th - 16th)

2. oneallmama

3. prettylights

4. Christa W

5. jbird1175

6. Monika1

Also, @@oneallmama, @, @@Christa W, and @jbird1175, if you haven't already done so, I'll remind you to please get your images to bellatrix42 via PM by July 25th which is the new Set Three submission date.

If you're thinking about submitting a mani as our sixth Inspiration for Set Three, this means you also have until the 25th to get it to bellatrix, so there's time yet! Please do consider volunteering! Thank-you for all of the wonderful submissions so far in this adventure; I'm definitely inspired by them!
@@Monika1 - am I also signed up for Set Two? Doesn't that start like, today? I already emailed @@bellatrix my photo for that round but I never heard anything back.

@@Monika1  Awesome blue mani!!!  Those glitters are beautiful!

I am finally planning to get caught up this weekend.  The problem is that I end up liking my mani and don't want to take it off! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We've been having a string of nice sunny days so I was enjoying the color change mani I had.  All set to tackle @@Monika1's green lacey flowery mani now.  I was drawing a blank on what to do but finally came up with an idea that I hope works out.

@@Monika1 - am I also signed up for Set Two? Doesn't that start like, today? I already emailed @@bellatrix my photo for that round but I never heard anything back.
Hi @@jbird1175, sorry this process isn't clear for you. I'll do my best to clarify here.

Yes, the Set Two Inspirations have been posted, and it is time for people to post their own manis inspired by the Inspirations, AKA Responses, here, to this thread. The Set Two Inspirations are visible on the first post of this thread, in the body of my first message, where at the end bellatrix42 has edited the post to add a spoiler right at the end that contains the composite image with the Set Two submissions from six people. Press the Spoiler button to expand to see the image. In case it is hard to find, here is a link to the image (but note this link does not take you to the first post in the thread):

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/uploads/monthly_07_2014/post-94954-0-98648900-1404964547.jpg.

Everyone on MakeupTalk is welcome to post responses to these manis, and as I mentioned, there is no need to sign up (or submit anything) in order to do this, and the responses are simply posted to this thread by members directly. As you can see, we are currently on Image #7, which is the first image of Set Two. It is alright if it will take you a few days to do that one; as you can see, realistically people are busy, and others also have yet to post their Response #7s. Three have been posted as I write this. (Technically, we're now on to the 18th and #8 - I wrote this yesterday but didn't get to posting until today. In any case, members can still post responses to #7 and others. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Now, the deadline for submitting an Inspiration mani for the Set Two group was June 21st and they were due to bellatrix42 by June 29th. I think this was far before you even posted here. However, your sign-up to bellatrix42 is listed (also in that first thread post - check under Inspiration Volunteer Sign-Ups) and your image will be used in Set Three. You will see it in the next posted composite image, which will be posted when we are further along on Set Two. If you have submitted two different Inspiration manis to bellatrix42, please confirm this and I will make sure your name is also added for Set Four.

Last edited by a moderator:
@@Monika1  Awesome blue mani!!!  Those glitters are beautiful!

I am finally planning to get caught up this weekend.  The problem is that I end up liking my mani and don't want to take it off! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> We've been having a string of nice sunny days so I was enjoying the color change mani I had.  All set to tackle @@Monika1's green lacey flowery mani now.  I was drawing a blank on what to do but finally came up with an idea that I hope works out.
Oh @@Lolo22, I know the feeling; I get attached to my manis too! If I was always perfectly on schedule, and only did these response manis, ever, I suppose that would be no problem as I'd have an entire five days to wear each. Of course that doesn't happen...

I'm enjoying everyone's manis!  I haven't been participating since I got my Zoya threedom code haul and I like wearing new polish plain--will dive back in next week :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You ladies are posting some amazing manis! I'm getting ready to go on a business trip for two weeks and I have to have boring plain polish. I'll get back into doing some fun nail art when I return.

You ladies are posting some amazing manis! I'm getting ready to go on a business trip for two weeks and I have to have boring plain polish. I'll get back into doing some fun nail art when I return.
Have a great trip! We'll look forward to seeing your burst of creativity when you're back from two weeks of 'business-appropriate'!

Inspiration #5

Flower Decals. I'm not too fond of how these turned out. I like the colorful 'waterfall' accents but the decals just didn't turn out how I imagined. But anyway, learning =)

Born Pretty Store flower & butterfly decals

*Zoya - Dot (base color)

*Zoya - Gie Gie (second coat for some shimmer)

*Zoya - Kimber (hot pink)

*L'Oreal - Royalty Reinvented (lavendar)

*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue Me Away!

*Butter London - Cheeky Chops (yellow)

20140719_002218.jpg

Inspiration #6

I drew inspiration from the angled stamping @@Monika1 did in her mani.

The 'honeycomb' stamps are from BundleMonster plates and I hand painted the little bumblebee and the dashes that follow the little bug =)

*Butter London - Cheeky Chops

*Konad Black (stamping)

*Sinful Colors Black (details)

*Sally Hansen - White Out (Wings & Eyes)

20140720_073549.jpg20140720_073649.jpg

Inspiration #6

The 'honeycomb' stamps are from BundleMonster plates and I hand painted the little bumblebee and the dashes that follow the little bug =)

*Konad Black (stamping)

20140720_073549.jpg
20140720_073649.jpg
That is seriously so cool!!

Inspiration #6

*Konad Black (stamping)

20140720_073549.jpg
20140720_073649.jpg
Nailed it!!! Seriously OMG this is fantastic!!!

Inspiration #6

*Konad Black (stamping)

20140720_073549.jpg
20140720_073649.jpg
So absolutely adorable! And using the yellow some of us have challenges using but really want to do in the summer. Yay! :sunshine:

Finally finished set 1! This is my take on @@Monika1's inspiration 6. I stuck with the green and botanical theme and tried some cherry blossoms. Of course they smeared a little but they turned out ok. Used julep Denver.

image.jpg
Cherry blossoms on nails are one of my favourite things! There are so many variations out there so it's wonderful to see the colour combination you chose. Green is really nice with this and reminds me of that iced tea can, you know? Congrats on finishing Set One; it's exciting to see everyone getting there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Inspiration #5

Flower Decals. I'm not too fond of how these turned out. I like the colorful 'waterfall' accents but the decals just didn't turn out how I imagined. But anyway, learning =)

Born Pretty Store flower & butterfly decals

*Zoya - Dot (base color)

*Zoya - Gie Gie (second coat for some shimmer)

*Zoya - Kimber (hot pink)

*L'Oreal - Royalty Reinvented (lavendar)

*Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Blue Me Away!

*Butter London - Cheeky Chops (yellow)

20140719_002218.jpg
Cute! I like both aspects, the waterfall accents and the decal accents, but it does seem like they are two looks in one mani, which makes it quite complex. Are the flowers and the butterfly a different brand?

Latest posts

Back