33 Days of Decluttering - November/December 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm obviously not able to do something daily, lol. However, I will just continue until I've hit 33 days or so.

Day 16:

1. Sweater that was in a color that just doesn't really suit me. I loved the way it fit and the shape, but I somehow always looked off in it. I realized that the color just washed me out - Donated. 
  2. A pair of sunglasses that lost a lens. So irritating...I only wore these a couple of times before I lost the lens. Grrr - Trash.
  3. A bracelet that probably came from Popsugar at one time. It was the Gorjana wrap bracelet. Even on my small wrists, it just looked tight. It was comfortable enough, but I thought it looked weird - Donate.

Day Four:

12.Glass candle holders with melted candles in them.  They went inside pretty patterned holders but I couldn't get the wax out of the glass so tossed them.  Luckily the small (mini?) bath and body works candles fit in the pretty holders so that works out just fine

13.  Stretched out socks that don't match.  I have lots of good socks and these get buried under them.  

14.  Old bra.  It's boring and nude and I have other boring nude ones that fit better and aren't 7 years old.  

(I'm not doing great with these, but I expect I will pick up a lot of speed next week.  I am just aiming to go until I've hit 100 items and not worry so much about the days.)

I'm more than half-way there! This batch takes me to Day 23...

I cleaned out my closet and sock drawer, and am moving out 14 articles of clothing, some brand new packs of tights (which I'll never wear because they have child-like designs on them, and will be donated), some old socks, and 3 lucite bracelets that I never wear anymore. I also am tossing a flickery nightlight that drives us all nuts, and a jar of fish oil caplets that have been sitting on my counter for nearly ever!

Day 17:

• 3 pair jeans that either don't fit well or just aren't very stylish anymore - Donate.
  • A nail polish (crackle) that I don't like anymore (does anyone even wear crackle nail polish anymore?) - Trash.
  • A tie bar (came in the BB man box - hubby won't wear it) - Donate.

Ok time to play catch up. I didn't de-clutter anything on Days 20, 21, 22 or 23 however I'm already ahead of the game so it's all good.  B)  

Day 24 (yesterday):

[SIZE=10.5pt]I went through our utility closet (cleaning and laundry supplies).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Old Sponges (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Old pair of cleaning gloves (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) Bucket with a crack in it (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4) Old Broom - since we recently got a new one (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5) Consolidated two open bottles of Windex into one bottle – not sure why we had two open in the first place, lol (Recycle)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I also organized everything in the closet and took stock of what we had and what we are running low on.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Day 25 (today):[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]My husband started to go through some of the stuff in our entertainment unit. We had a whole drawer full of all kinds of electronic cords, power bars and some other [/SIZE]technology[SIZE=10.5pt] stuff. I’m not sure what went where as far as recycling, tossing, and donating is concerned but he assures me everything is being taken care of.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

Day 18:

1. Ratty undies - trash.

2. Some gift boxes that are past their prime - trash.

3. A couple of perfume samples that don't work for me - trash.

Everyone is doing so well! I've been busy for the past few weeks, which is why I haven't been around much lately. However, I have been getting rid of little bits and pieces that I've encountered as I've been rooting around or cleaning and I know I still have some clothes I could stand to get rid of.

I've gotten rid of a bunch of kitchen gadgets that we didn't use, decorative knick-knacks were gifts from people and weren't really my style, and some really old notes from college (why I thought I would need to have all of my notes on the Potato Famine when I'm almost 30, we'll never know). 

Day 19:

1. Two candles I found under the sink; partially burned, little to no scent - Trash.
  2. Tupperware type container lids that have no containers - Trash.
  3. A lip balm I was trying out (Nivea Olive Oil and Lemon, I think it was) that isn't moisturizing enough - Trash.

I haven't kept up with the amount of days so far but I did manage to declutter even more!   ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  To continue where I left off:

4.  Trench coat - Sold!

5.  Dress - Sold

6.  Dress - Sold

7.  Sweater - Donate

8.  Cardigan - Donate

9.  Cardigan - Donate

10.  Slow cooker - Gave this to my cousin who was looking for one and since I wasn't using mine, it was hers!

11.  Makeup bag - Gave this to my bf's mom

12.  Magazines - Gave this to another cousin who was interested in taking all of the current ones I had

13.  MAC Lip conditioner - I will B2M this

14.  MAC Lip Conditioner - Also B2M

My physical surroundings needed a lot of decluttering and purging and even though I'm not finished yet there has been a significant, noticeable, and positive change in my surroundings. 

Day 20:

1. Magazines - a stack...some read, some I'm not going to get around to - Recycle.
  2. Junk Mail - yay for finally going through it. Recycle.
  3. Shipping cartons that I've been saving for Secret Santa. Gift is shipped. Recycle extras.

Ugh, my notifications for this thread started going to my spam folder instead of my inbox.. so I forgot to update daily.. 

Anyways.. between day 2-current time I've managed to get rid of: 

- Old print yourself party stationary (I don't do parties anymore really, donated)

- standard size Sephora bag full of old cosmetics, hair, body stuff (mostly long forgotten expired stuff)

- 10 pieces of clothing (mine)

- 5 pieces of clothing (husband's)

- 1 video game (gifting to my Dad)

- A few more kitchen items (gave away to family)

- Stack of magazines 

- A pair of old thread bare sheets

- Garbage bag full of unhealthy/half stale junk food

- Handful of old ratty Christmas ornaments

I have a few more items I'm hoping to give to my mom/donate/trash after the holidays... I need to clean out our storage area (we have a loft storage above our bathroom), and I'm kind of dreading it, I hate ladders!  

Today I'm going to get rid of all our recycling stuff, that'll be a huge de-cluttering at the moment!  

Since I'm a bit behind, and I'm cleaning off my desk, I'll do another days worth of stuff. If I keep it up daily, I'll be done with my 33 days before Christmas!

Day 21:

1. A pair of earbuds that are too big for my ears - Donate.
  2. Pens that don't work - Trash.
  3. More magazines - Recycle.
  4. Receipts - trashed the ones I don't need; filed the ones that I do.
  5. Catalogs - trashed.

I keep meaning to post and I keep forgetting!!

1. Bra that was old & uncomfortable-trash

2. Old cat collar & tag for our boy cat, we got him a new one-trash

3. Old business cards-trash

4. 3-4 more pairs of old socks-trash

5. Old sale papers & junk mail-recycle

6. Empty boxes from online shopping-recycle

My house is a disaster, it's been a long week, so I'm going to do some cleaning, I may be back later to add more to the list.

Day 22:

1. Watch that is too big for my wrist - Donate.
  2. Several pair of capri pants/shorts - Donate.
  3. Holey Socks - Trash.

Latest posts

Back