33 Days of Decluttering - November/December 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life has been really busy lately and I keep forgetting to post here. Ok here's what I've purged in the last few days.

Day 26:

My husband and I went through our DVD’s and Video Games. We decided to let go of 4 movies and 2 videos games that we really don’t watch/play anymore. We are going to see if any of our younger cousins would like them first then donate whatever is left.

Day 27:

[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We still had some books from college so we are getting rid of them. We are probably going to trash them as I don’t think we can sell them or donate them – they are about 5 or 6 years old. We also had a dozen books [/SIZE]we've[SIZE=10.5pt] read a million times between the two of us so we’re going to donate those. We are getting rid of 19 books in total.[/SIZE]

Day 28:

I went through my jewelry and got rid of 2 pairs of earrings I no longer wear and a chain that was broken.

[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

Day 29:

[SIZE=10.5pt]I got rid of 10 bottles of nail polish that were all really old and gunky.[/SIZE]

I’ve missed some days, but I make up for it other days.  Basically any time I'm seeing anyone I think about whether or not there is anything from my stash they would want or if there is anything I need to return to them.  It's really helpful!

Day 7: I went out to dinner with some friends

15) Nursing sleep bra with tags on for a pregnant friend

Day 12: I had the hubs' family over for a game night

16) Returned the cup someone left at a previous game night

Day 13: I went to my parents’ house

17-19) Returned 3 of Mom’s plates

20) Neutrogena face wash from the Fall 2013 Allure Box for my dad

21) Chi hair protector from the Fall 2014 FabFitFun Box for my mom

22) John Frieda Glossing Cream for cool brunettes from the Winter 2014 Allure Box for my mom

23) L’Oreal Youth Code skin care set I was given as a Christmas present for doing hair studies last year for my mom

Day 14: I went to my brother and SIL’s house

24) Biore face cleanser for my SIL

Day 15: I sold 4 Julep polishes on my company's portal, and then I felt kind of bad because they weren’t super pretty and the guy was buying them for his teenage daughter so I threw in a couple more:

25) Julep Kennedy

26) Julep Leila

27) Julep Hoch

28) Julep Sabrina

29) Julep Harper

30) Julep Harriet

Day 16:

31) Broken eyeliner - trash

Day 23 (forgot to post yesterday): 

1. Wok
  2. Casserole dish
  3. Another Casserole dish - all donated.
Day 24:

1. Bath pouf - worn out. Trash.
  2. 10 bottles of nail polish that I didn't like (mostly oranges). Trash.

One cosmetics bag that I don't exactly love, one pristine eye shadow base, one deluxe sized mascara sample, one pristine deluxe-sample sized eye shadow/blush palette, three pristine lip products, and twelve or so tubes of nail polish which are either new and unopened or used once -- going into my donation pile.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a list...I keep forgetting to post, so as usual, I am posting what I can remember:

1 pair of old jeans-they finally ripped and I have lots of jeans, so they aren't worth fixing-trash

1 pair of work pants-I just bought them and wore them & washed them once, went to put them on the other day and they ripped!!-taking them back

Several more pairs of old socks-trash

1 remote control helicopter-my hubby bought it to chase the cats with it, but he doesn't like it-returning it

Several rolls of Christmas wrapping paper-used up-I am trying to use all the opened ones this year and I'm not going to purchase any more until I see what I have left, since we combined houses, we have lots of dups and a ton of excess, if I think I can make it through next Christmas with what is left, I won't buy any clearance paper after the holiday this year

I've been out of town these last few days, but am committed to finishing this. I'll just pick up where I left off, so Day 24's purge is a pair of shoes that ripped during said trip, a white sweater that's past it's whiteness, and an old coat which is still in good condition and will be donated.

Day 25:

1. Some random gloves (singles) - trash.
  2. a couple of scarves that no one likes - donate.
  3. winter hats and headbands that no one wears - donate.

Day 26:

1. 8 necklaces, beat up, tarnished and just old - trash.
  2. 7 bracelets, stretched out - trash.
  3. A bunch more clothes - donate.

Day 27: Cleaned off the vanity - 

1. Lush Toothy Tabs x 3. This seemed like such a good idea, lol. Turns out, I can't stand them. Trash.
  2. LMDB Lash Serum - I just can't seem to get into using this. It's been open for several months now, so trashing it.
  3. 3 lip pencils that were really cheap and do not have a great color pay off. Too hard as well. Trash

I'm back with more stuff!!

1. I went through my work pants last night and got rid of several old pairs as well as a few that no longer fit.  I found 2 pair with tags on them that I forgot to return, so those went back to the store last night along with all the ones that I ordered that didn't fit.  I ended up purchasing 2 new pair of work pants at the store and keeping 2 pair that I ordered, so all my work pants fit and I have enough to get me through a week. 

2. I also cleaned out my purse and tossed receipts that I don't need and got all my Christmas receipts together in one place.  I tossed a few old store coupons and got the valid ones together in an envelope so I remember to use them.

3. I went through the mail and hung the Christmas cards up and tossed all the junk and shredded all the credit card offers.

I've been working a lot of OT this week, so getting this much done has been an accomplishment.  I hope to be back this weekend with more stuff.

I haven't been caught up at all since after thanksgiving. 

Between then and now, I have gotten rid of a lot of things, but also accumulated more through shopping.

I got rid of 15+ boxes that I have been hoarding, and the packing materials. I always thought that I would use them one day for shipping, but they take up so much space in my apartment.

Sold one goldentote item, and returned another

Sent out SS gift, so the items I have been shopping for my SS have left my clutter, and also shopped my stash

Sent out gift to boyfriend and his family, more stuff out of the clutter

Used up a bottle of Kiehls toner that is huge and i have been using for over a year, finally! Also used up moisturizer samples, serum samples, and other samples

Cleaned out junk in the kitchen and the living room. 

I can't say that i have less clutter now, since new items have been coming in. I need to have an one item in, one item out rule for myself, especially for my closet lol.

Day Four:

12.  foil packets of foundation (5) that are marked something like medium or sand.  These are always going to be too dark for my pale self.  I have left them in a common area and told roommates to please indulge themselves.  

13.  Julep kajal eyeliner.  Lost one of the caps and never liked it in the first place - trash

Day 28:

1. Benefit Eye Bright pencil - I recently received two eye brighteners that I like a lot better. Trash.
  2. Some craft supplies - donate.
  3. Some loose leaf teas that are past their prime - trash.

Doubling up today so that I can get 33 days in before we go out of town.

Day 29:

1. Beat up pencil box - trash
  2. A couple of beat up spatulas - trash.
  3. Some beat up gift bags and boxes - recycled.

I'm so excited to post my last 4 days of de-cluttering!

[SIZE=10.5pt]Day 30:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I helped my husband go through his clothes. He purged:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Pants x2 (Donate)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Jeans - has holes (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) T-shirts x4 (Donate)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4) Dress Shirts x2 (Donate)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5) Ties x3 (Donate)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Day 31:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Went through our linen closet and got rid of:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Set of old sheets (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Face cloths x2 (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) Towels x3 (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Day 32:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I de-cluttered our shower and body products as well as our first aid and medicine products.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) ½ bottle of shampoo I don’t like (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Lotion that’s almost finish but I’m not crazy about it. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) Expired sunscreen (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4) Expired bottle of cough medicine (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]5) Expired tube of polysporin (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Day 33:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]For my last day of de-cluttering I decided to go through my makeup collection again and see if there’s anything I need to get rid of.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1) Mascara - Expired (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]2) Liquid Eyeliner - Dried up. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]3) Lip Sticks x2 - Don’t wear them. (Trash)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]4) Cream Highlighter - Don’t like. Used once, giving to a friend. (Pass Along)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Final Total = 263 items[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]! [/SIZE] B)

Back