5 Makeup Mistakes to Avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabulous, thanks! I never knew about #2 before, I always do foundation right after moisturizer. Good tips
smile.gif

thx for the post i agree with all but the bright colors :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i normaly wear bright colors when i go to work and all my work mates say i look younger when i do! i hardly ever wear browns cause they do make me look at least 10 years older the only brown color makeup i have now is one medium brown lipstick but i mix it with light pink and transparent lipgloss

Originally Posted by acneXpert /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mistake #2: Not allowing your moisturizer to absorb before applying makeup. When powder, concealer, foundation, or blush is applied right over dewy moisturizer, it tends to slip and slide around your face.Fix: Give your moisturizer ten minutes to sink in before putting on cosmetics.

This is the only one I'm guilty of. I've been really trying to do other things after putting my moisturizer on, basically waist time before putting my mineral foundation on.

Ok I found some more common makeup mistakes:

Highlighting blemishes. That's what happens if you use a concealer that's lighter than the rest of your base. You're essentially drawing attention to the area you're trying to conceal, especially if it's a raised pimple. Take time to carefully match your concealer to your base — blending shades to create your own if necessary.

Under-eye fairy dust. You've just spent the last 15 minutes expertly applying your moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer and powder. And all it took was some eye shadow particles to land under your eyes and on your cheeks to ruin it. Rubbing won't help — it'll just smear colour over the area. Prevention is key: Try doing your eye make-up before your foundation, or, loading up the under eye area with lose powder (to create a buffer) which you then remove once you're eyes are done. (Note: use a flicking motion when doing this, as a brushing one will press too much powder into your skin, making it look cakey, flat and dull.)

Lash skipping. Okay, so lash-skipping isn't quite as bad as lash-clumping, but forgetting to apply mascara to the inner and outer lashes (leaving you with colour on the middle ones only) can look a little uneven and unpolished. The main cause of this beauty blunder? Rushing. Take as much time as you can afford to ensure all lashes are covered. Time poor? Get your lashes tinted and you won't have to worry.

Brow separation. You've slowly made the gap between your brows so big, they may as well be located in different suburbs. Rule: The distance between them should never be wider than the distance between the inner corners of your eyes. Once done, this is a hard blunder to fix (you'll have to wait it out while they grow back).

Dry, cakey-looking under eyes. Dark circles are one thing. Dark circles covered with thick, pasty concealer are another. Avoid this by: Moisturising around the eye area first, using a creamy, light-weight concealer sparingly, and leaving the area powder-free.

Foundation brows. After expert foundation application, your skin tone is even, your blemishes are disguised, and ... your brows have taken on a creamy appearance. Hot? We think not. Ditch excess from the area by dipping a cotton tip in make-up remover and carefully wiping over the area for foundation-free brows.

Source

I could not give up the bright colors. But I only use a bright color for the evening makeup, so it looks great!

thanks! haha i wonder about the tip on contouring though...with all the contouring kits coming out nowadays...

Originally Posted by lux.fashion /img/forum/go_quote.gif awesome! does anyone know if i should let my prime sit/soak in as well??? Yes I think you should. (I do!) What kind of foundation do you use? I use mineral foundation so it is definately a must to let it soak in!
Thanks for all the tips!

Sometimes I'll do the second one if I'm in a rush.

I saw sooo many ladies with dark lipliner and either no lipstick or a very light lipstick on.

Back