5 Makeup Mistakes to Avoid

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been guilty of buying too-light concealers! They showed up as white specs in my graduation photos and Mum thought I had fungal infection.

I agree with almost all of these, except the contouring one!! If you do it properly and pick a colour that works for you (I always just use bronzer) it looks great!

The trick is the placement, and of course, blending. It should start just under your cheekbone, right at the top of your ear, and angle towards the corner of your mouth but only go about and inch and a half, and blend blend blend!! I do this every day and trust me, it doesn't look like dirt!!
wink.gif
It's just practice practice practice.

Thanks for this!

I do apply my moisturizer over concealer, which helps blend it in nicely. But this is after I use my acne treatment, which also moisturizes.

Oh, I do really like Covergirl's scuplting blush set. The one I have is all rosy and makes my cheekbones look really pretty.

Thanks for the post

Its a good refresher.. and ive now discovered i have more lashes then i thought by not rushing them!

Hi Kayleigh

I've just started using bronzer to give me a slight sun kissed and cheek defining look.

Im curious to know - what do you use to blend in the powder after you apply? the same brush or a sponge?

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with almost all of these, except the contouring one!! If you do it properly and pick a colour that works for you (I always just use bronzer) it looks great!
The trick is the placement, and of course, blending. It should start just under your cheekbone, right at the top of your ear, and angle towards the corner of your mouth but only go about and inch and a half, and blend blend blend!! I do this every day and trust me, it doesn't look like dirt!!
wink.gif
It's just practice practice practice.

Originally Posted by jasmine_UK /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi Kayleigh
I've just started using bronzer to give me a slight sun kissed and cheek defining look.

Im curious to know - what do you use to blend in the powder after you apply? the same brush or a sponge?

I use a fluffy angled brush and I just blend with the brush! Something like MAC's 168 or 169 brushes.

Good to know about the moisturizer! i am always applying my makeup right after i put it on. Thanks for that post!

Great tips! Except on the bright colors. I love love bright shadows
smile.gif
I think it depends on how you apply them.

Yeah you can use bright shadows but they are not recommended for evenings. And another thing: bright colors don't suit all people
smile.gif
(I'm one of those
frown.gif
)

thanks for that, I make a few of those mistakes
add_wegbrech.gif

Im going to change my way of putting on makeup thanks to this forum
smile.gif

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use a fluffy angled brush and I just blend with the brush! Something like MAC's 168 or 169 brushes. Thanks! we have a small MAC store down a cobbled alley where I live, I will be heading down there ASAP!

Originally Posted by acneXpert /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mistake #3: Picking a too-light concealer. Concealer's purpose is to hide dark areas on your face. If you pick one that's much lighter than your skin, you'll wind up calling more attention to the area you're trying to hide.Fix: Buy concealer in a shade that matches your skin exactly or is one shade lighter.

I am guilty of this. But fortunately now I know better. Especially with undereye circles the right concealer shade is necessary. I have one that is a bit yellower than my foundation and it covers the undereye circles wonderfully.

I typically use a beige, palette. I have an olive complexion, so browns, golds, purples look great on me. Now on the eyes I like to play with my makeup if I get a chance but not so much as I use to, due to time constrants and two young children. But thanks for the tips.

Back