$700 for ONE nail polish???!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the font is not handwritten, it looks that way but it's a font called mommiesmall created by a German guy. Lynderella trademarked not the formula of the polishes, no the colors, but her name with this font!!! what???

Why-- how-- I don't even-- what?!?

For some people, $700 buys one nail polish. For others, it's rent money.

Oh man. I remember when I first got into polish and polish blogs I wanted some Lynnderella's. I wasn't even aware of all the drama surrounding her. I always thought something was a little off with the brand, no nail polish should be near impossible to get your hands on. On topic: $5 is my nail polish cut off unless I find a really good deal somewhere.

Originally Posted by Titavg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually the font is not handwritten, it looks that way but it's a font called mommiesmall created by a German guy. Lynderella trademarked not the formula of the polishes, no the colors, but her name with this font!!! what???
Unless she purchased the rights to THAT font she could be illegally trademarking her name with THAT font.

oh man, just reading this thread makes me ill. no, i could never spend that much on nail polish. i have a hard time spending $8 or $10. I love getting funky colors, but it all chips off anyways.

$10 with shipping is my limit and that's indies that I have to love. Iadore zoya but try to get them on sale. I bought a butterLondon for my roommate for xmas and that's it. I can't bring myself to spend that much on myself.

I would never spend that much on one nail polish! That's crazy.  Like most people here, I usually cap it at around $10 max for a bottle.  I'll go up to $13 or $14 if it's something I really want and don't already have (like today, I spent around $13 on Essie's Matte About You matte top coat). 

Originally Posted by BusyBeauty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was this an extremely highly rated polish? Or just a "posh" brand?
Neither :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Just an indie polish maker bidding on her own stuff or having friends/family etc doing it for her

Wow this is CRAZY.  But craziest is that those colors going for hundreds of dollars are ugly- like,  I wouldn't wear 2 of the 4 if I was paid to do so.  The other blue color I thought looked cute, but maybe for $8-15 dollars (considering it's indie, I'd be willing to pay a bit more but not more than that!!!).

I got the matte top coat by Revlon for 4 dollars or less, the effect is the same!

I'm with everyone else in that there is NO way I'd pay that much for nail polish. Whether I had the money or not wouldn't even be the issue, it's the valuation aspect. 

However, while I admittedly know nothing about the brand/owner, I can't say I fully blame her. If someone is dumb enough to fork over that much money for something of not an equal value, then I can't necessarily blame a person for capitalizing. Of course, I'd never do that myself. 

I don't know that I'd call scam on it, but maybe a front, maybe there's something that comes with the polish that no one knows about.

Again, I know nothing about it, I just like the amusement of a conspiracy theory 
icon_lol.gif

My personal cap is around 15$. Though I do question anything over 6$. 

Back