8 a day Challenge....(WATER)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I wouldn't mind losing a few pounds! But just a few. I had problems gaining/maintaining weight in my 20's. So I try not to go below a certain number now.

I do notice this.....but I could stand to loose some myself. And I actually get pretty full drinking all this water.

We started this on January 4th, 2006....then we ended it on Valentines day....a few of us kept going, but then I, myself, died down. Just recently (maybe a week or so) have started back up again. So this last time, I would say I've been doing it about a week - week and a half now.

Oh and I remember I cut way down on my caffiene (coffee) and cut to one cup of coffee a day. Switched to green tea....I think this helped alot too. But never counted any other beverage as my 8 glasses of water. So my 8 glasses of water were above and beyond any other beverages I consumed.

ok I am sad to report that I barely got two glasses of water yesterday:scared:...I don't know what happened........At this poing however I have seen some major improvements on my face, now I only have blackheads.....I can't wait to get my facial on Tuesday.

I also noticed the decrease in appetite after started the 8 a day challenge. I don't think I'll ever give up the water if it stays that way. :laughing:

Welcome. Can I ask, how much water did you normally drink before this? If close to none....you should see a big improvement. Takes a little bit for your body to adjust. Sometimes 3 days you will see improvement, sometimes a couple weeks. Keep us posted.

ok did four glasses yesterday:wacko: ..........oops, I was feeling down yesterday:sadyes:

Keep it up, that's 2 more than the day before. Don't be hard on yourself when you slip.....like me I even celebrate that I drink water, cuz before all this, I drank pretty much NONE.

We can do this, keep it up.....even if it's not 8.......its more than we were used to, right?

I'm not doing this ( but I should be)..but I just wanted to support all of those of you who are and your positive attitudes!! I think it's great!!!

Good Luck to you guys!

Is it not okay to count green tea as part of the daily water consumption? I find it easier to drink some kind of flavored drink than plain water....and I have found green tea to be a great substitute! I enjoy drinking it, and my body enjoys the water :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I didn't count it, but that is up to you. I went above and beyond any sort of bevarage. So I did 8 glasses of water on top of any tea or anything. But again, that is up to you.....cuz green tea is good for you, so honestly if you wanted to count it, that is your call.

I have kinda abandoned this thread. Ok I have been falling back on the water, been really depressed lately:scared:, but I will try to get back on it tomorrow!

I know, me too. Let's do this....if you and everyone is up to it. Let's go more of a day by day. Like, ummm.....let's see if we can make it 3 days drinking the right amount of water (or atleast 6 glasses....we will scale down, just to help us out). Let's see if we can do this for 3 days straight.

If everyone is ok with this, just when you decide to start your 3 days, then let us know how it went. We will go from their. I feel it's a little more attainable and not so intimidating this way.

And we will just go from there.....what does everyone think? I am starting my 3 days either today or tomorrow. And will keep posted.

I'm sorry to hear this. How are things going? I hope things get better. If you need to vent....it sure feels good to get support here. You can vent on the advice area (I did once and man, great advice and support!) Or even vent here if you feel. If you want you can even PM me and I will definitely listen and give any advice I can.

I really hope your feeling better. Take care of you!!!!!

Hi hon. How is the water thing going for you? Any updates....need to vent on the "peeing" issues? Any differences you noticed yet?

I read that you can count tea as part of your water consumption since it is mostly water, but then there are other experts that suggest pure water. I would think its best to get as much pure water as possible but it wont hurt if you substitute a glass or two with tea.

I agree, it's better than nothing.....lately I haven't been so picky and may count my green tea too.

UPDATE: ok just want to say that going to the dermatologist has extremely cleared up my face, it has been a month and after having my facial last Tuesday now it looks even better! Well it didn't look better right after the facial because the lady did extractions and it brought like 3 pmples to surface and the rest had to heal. But tday it looks so much better.

I have still been drinking waterall these days. Just not the full 8. I never drink pop or any caffeine. Just alcohol and I limit myself to not that much.

Back