A Date with the Oscars 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jennifer Lawrence just won Best Actress and then either tripped, got caught or something. She kneeled on the staircase.

Looks like Les Misérables won the Oscar for best achievement in both hair and make-up. I never saw that one coming. I've worked on a lot of period piece features, (mostly westerns) and period hair and make-up is challenging. So at any rate, congrats to Lisa Westcott and Julie Dartnell for their first Oscar win.

Poor Jennifer! 

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like Les Misérables won the Oscar for best achievement in both hair and make-up.

I never saw that one coming. I've worked on a lot of period piece features, (mostly westerns) and period hair and make-up is challenging.

So at any rate, congrats to Lisa Westcott and Julie Dartnell for their first Oscar win.
Ooh, why is it so challenging, do you think?

Daniel Day Lewis won for Best Actor. It was announced, his wife kissed him on the cheek and then he went up and accepted his award with lip prints on his cheek. For some reason I found that so endearing.

Daniel Day Lewis won for Best Actor. It was announced, his wife kissed him on the cheek and then he went up and accepted his award with lip prints on his cheek. For some reason I found that so endearing.
His speech was funny and endearing. I've always enjoyed movies he has starred in.

It seems like a lot of fashion, makeup, etc was neutral this year. No one went too wild, it was all sort of safe. Maybe that means they are all going to do ridiculous things at the after parties. Now those are some pictures I want to see!
I typically find that what's going on in America at the moment, is usually reflected by the styles at the Oscars. For example, with the subdued economy, the MUA's played down the make-up, even the most of the gowns were in the neutral palette. Of course there were a few exceptions like Robin and Jane.

Poor Jennifer!  Ooh, why is it so challenging, do you think?
Historical accuracy. Especially tans and no tans based on class distinctions, and of course facial hair to match the face shape (Hollywooding it). Also, baths and showers were not that common, again class distinction, so make-up has to reflect that cleaned up dirty look.

Historical accuracy. Especially tans and no tans based on class distinctions, and of course facial hair.
I wouldn't have even thought about the tans versus no tans thing. You learn something new every day!

I typically find that what's going on in America at the moment, is usually reflected by the styles at the Oscars. For example, with the subdued economy, the MUA's played down the make-up, even the most of the gowns were in the neutral palette. Of course there were a few exceptions like Robin and Jane.
I'm not sure what that says about me. I wore really bright green eyeshadow yesterday.
w00t.gif
You're probably right though.

That happened when the recession first kicked off. There was a lot of muted colors and looks that one year. Commentary was that the Hollywood crowd was trying not to be ostentatious.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well I am going to call it a night for now. I will be back tomorrow.
Thank you Dalylah for posting those photos. FB and twitter duties were fulfilled with all those photos you uploaded. Have to edit the captions tomorrow.

Yes, thanks D for the quick post ups of the pics. Much appreciated by those of us who don't have access to a tv and were too lazy to watch it streamed live via the Internet... Namely me.

Guiliana..Juliana or whatever Rancic, the E host.. I just saw a recap of their Live! From the Red Carpet and her dress was actually quite interesting, with the structure and whatnot. I'm thinking she just didn't photograph well. . As I wasn't really taken with the pics I saw. Let me add my thanks to Dalylah for the pics and thread!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you Dalylah for posting those photos. FB and twitter duties were fulfilled with all those photos you uploaded. Have to edit the captions tomorrow.
Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guiliana..Juliana or whatever Rancic, the E host.. I just saw a recap of their Live! From the Red Carpet and her dress was actually quite interesting, with the structure and whatnot. I'm thinking she just didn't photograph well. . As I wasn't really taken with the pics I saw.

Let me add my thanks to Dalylah for the pics and thread!
Yes, thanks D for the quick post ups of the pics. Much appreciated by those of us who don't have access to a tv and were too lazy to watch it streamed live via the Internet... Namely me.
You are welcome!

Back