A little good news

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE:

the assistant manager called me and invited me to go to their group interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm so freaking excited!! it's on october 20th at 3:00 p.m.!!!!!

now i have to think of how i'm going to do my makeup and what to wear and my hair.

any tips???

i also called back the macy's cosmetics manager telling her that "i got more hours at my current job and wouldn't be able to work for macys" hehe.

OMG Liz...that´s so cool!!! Congrats on getting the group interview and good luck for it. you can do it
icon_biggrin.gif

Fabulous news, I knew they would call you!!! You are soo pretty and with your gorgeous smiley face, they can't say NO!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I am so happy for you. I would check out the fodts and Trisha's pretty eye looks
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Charmaine AWESOME!!! I knew you were gonna get it Liz! Hey and when you get hired, you can get the holiday stuff with discount! Talk about a Merry Christmas
wink.gif
hahaha
i wish! but even if i was hired, i don't think i would get a discount since it's PT.

thanks you guys!

i was seriously jumping around and squeeing when i heard the message!! LOL

Originally Posted by Liz hahaha
i wish! but even if i was hired, i don't think i would get a discount since it's PT.

I told ya before... I would buy my stuff from you. lol

Liz I'm soooooo happy for you!!!!
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif
claps.gif

You have to be confident when you'll go to the interview, I think that's the more important thing!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I am so excited for you Liz! Do your best and I am sure you'll knock em dead. In terms of what to wear? I know you already know to wear all black but I would say to find the outfit that makes you feel most confident. Everyone has that one black outfit that makes them feel good when they wear it. It should say something about your style. I wouldn't go too conservative or on the other hand too wild might throw them off. Middle of the road is usually best, then you're not second guessing yourself.

In terms of your makeup?

I've seen your tutorial, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to that department, hon. Pick your favorite look that you like for yourself and wear it with confidence. That will be your best tool. If you start to feel nervous, just remember all of us and how much we love your makeup applications and would love to have you do our makeup. Just remember:If you go in there believing you are 100% right for the job, they will believe it too.
wink.gif

I was also going to ask you, if you know weather or not you will be applying makeup during this interview? If I were you, I would plan out a day look that can be adapted into a night look. Plan the colors you might use and practice applying them on one of your friends. Talk about the products you are using and why they are so good. I think I heard from someone else that the whole point is that they want to see that not only can you apply makeup but that you can sell it as well. The more you talk about the products, the more the person might start lemming it and buy it. (we all know this is true)

Best to be prepared, I say. HTH!
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol I told ya before... I would buy my stuff from you. lol i'll definitely let you know when i need sales!! hehehe

Originally Posted by jennycateyez Congrats Liz , What Company Is It For? thanks! it's part time for MAC!!! :icon_love

Originally Posted by gamaki I was also going to ask you, if you know weather or not you will be applying makeup during this interview? If I were you, I would plan out a day look that can be adapted into a night look. Plan the colors you might use and practice applying them on one of your friends. Talk about the products you are using and why they are so good. I think I heard from someone else that the whole point is that they want to see that not only can you apply makeup but that you can sell it as well. The more you talk about the products, the more the person might start lemming it and buy it. (we all know this is true)Best to be prepared, I say. HTH!
icon_smile.gif

thank you so much for the advice and well wishes!
as far as i know it's just a regular group interview right now. she didn't say anything about makeup application. i don't have anyone to practice on here, which would be the hard part if i did make it through the group interview and they asked me to do a makeup application interview. but i've been going over it in my head about telling them what i'm doing, testing the product on their hand to show them how things feel and all of that.

i need to start going over the manual thing and the site to read up on the like the skin care stuff to learn about the ingredients and what they specifically do so i'm not BSing, especially in front of the manager who knows what the stuff does.

Originally Posted by Liz thank you so much for the advice and well wishes!
as far as i know it's just a regular group interview right now. she didn't say anything about makeup application. i don't have anyone to practice on here, which would be the hard part if i did make it through the group interview and they asked me to do a makeup application interview. but i've been going over it in my head about telling them what i'm doing, testing the product on their hand to show them how things feel and all of that.

i need to start going over the manual thing and the site to read up on the like the skin care stuff to learn about the ingredients and what they specifically do so i'm not BSing, especially in front of the manager who knows what the stuff does.

Good idea! Know your stuff. That could be the very thing that sets you apart from the other people in the 'group interview'. You have to show them you have something to offer.

Back