A little good news

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Liz UPDATE:
the assistant manager called me and invited me to go to their group interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm so freaking excited!! it's on october 20th at 3:00 p.m.!!!!!

now i have to think of how i'm going to do my makeup and what to wear and my hair.

any tips???

i also called back the macy's cosmetics manager telling her that "i got more hours at my current job and wouldn't be able to work for macys" hehe.

How cool, congrats Liz
claps.gif

I'll say make-up do something dramatic looking yet time appropiate.

Hair work it around your make-up, up-do or face framing just so the make-up is exposed.

I'm no expert but that's what I'll do.

Good Luck

Originally Posted by gamaki Good idea! Know your stuff. That could be the very thing that sets you apart from the other people in the 'group interview'. You have to show them you have something to offer.
smile.gif
i can do makeup on myself. i don't know how well i do it on other people. because they always want something natural. so i'm very good with "out there" makeup like they do in their look books. but if i'm lacking somewhere, i'm definitely willing to learn. i've seen some of the stuff the muas do at my counter. it's not like "OMG! it's incredible!" all of the time, even on themselves. so hopefully i would be almost to their level. and after working for them, i would grow and learn more.

Originally Posted by eleinys How cool, congrats Liz
claps.gif

I'll say make-up do something dramatic looking yet time appropiate.

Hair work it around your make-up, up-do or face framing just so the make-up is exposed.

I'm no expert but that's what I'll do.

Good Luck

thanks! i think i'm gonna get my hair dyed to a darker brown. it's kind of blah brown right now since it's faded.

Great news Liz, CONGRATS!

Marisol, where do you find these cute little gifs!!!? You crack me up!

Originally Posted by Marisol I told ya before... I would buy my stuff from you. lol

Liz, that's great news. Good luck with the interview.

I'm sure you'll do fine.
smile.gif

Liz that is greeeeeaaat news!! I am so happy and excited for you!! I know you will stand out in the group interview and they will definitely hire you!! Good luck(i know you won't need it)!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by **Jen** Great news Liz, CONGRATS!
Marisol, where do you find these cute little gifs!!!? You crack me up!

Google Images. I just wanted something different. I think I tried animated gifs in my search.

WOOHOOO!!! YEAH LIZ!!! I knew you were going to get it!! Now you can totally nail it and let us know how it is to work for MAC part time!

I would say maybe a black outfit (it is the company uniform!!) and those earrings which I LOVE with maybe similar colors in e/s and nude lipgloss...

:icon_love Awww that sounds good!!!

Originally Posted by MACGoddess WOOHOOO!!! YEAH LIZ!!! I knew you were going to get it!! Now you can totally nail it and let us know how it is to work for MAC part time!
I would say maybe a black outfit (it is the company uniform!!) and those earrings which I LOVE with maybe similar colors in e/s and nude lipgloss...

Awwwwww, Congratulations! Well done!

the assistant manager called me and invited me to go to their group interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now i have to think of how i'm going to do my makeup and what to wear and my hair.

any tips???

i also called back the macy's cosmetics manager telling her that "i got more hours at my current job and wouldn't be able to work for macys" hehe.

thanks you guysss!!!!

the interview in on october 20th.

so i have 10 days to go shopping and pick out an outfit and everything. lol

Hey Liz! I'm catching up on all the news and I just want to say I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner! Congrats and Good Luck! I'm so excited for you!
claps.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Hey Liz! I'm catching up on all the news and I just want to say I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner! Congrats and Good Luck! I'm so excited for you!
claps.gif
thank you!! i just got the call today about the interview, so you're not late. glad to see you back on the boards
smile.gif

oh, my god, i am sooooooooooooooooo happy and excited for you! i LOVE those earrings! very MAC! i knew you'd get it! i am soooooo happy.

any tips???

Ohhh that is Great news Liz, Congrats!
claps.gif

I'm happy for you too and good luck for everything hun!

I am sorry if you already posted the answer to this question but I was wondering how the group interview went Liz? What was it like, what type of questions did they ask you?

Originally Posted by gamaki I am sorry if you already posted the answer to this question but I was wondering how the group interview went Liz? What was it like, what type of questions did they ask you? It went well. I made it through that round and the phone interview, so that's good. lol.
we just talked about the company, what we liked about the company, about customer service, meeting sales goals working retail, that kind of stuff. it was less stressful than a one-on-one interview because the focus isn't totally on you. you do kind of have to "fight" for it cause you have to talk and answer questions, be interested in the interview to stand out a little. it helps that it's a group interview because you can kind of go off of other people's answers, like to elaborate on something.

Originally Posted by Liz It went well. I made it through that round and the phone interview, so that's good. lol.
we just talked about the company, what we liked about the company, about customer service, meeting sales goals working retail, that kind of stuff. it was less stressful than a one-on-one interview because the focus isn't totally on you. you do kind of have to "fight" for it cause you have to talk and answer questions, be interested in the interview to stand out a little. it helps that it's a group interview because you can kind of go off of other people's answers, like to elaborate on something.

Wow, sounds great Liz! So, what's next? Did they tell you anything more?BTW, I forgot to as you how ended up doing your hair/makeup and what you wore?

Back