A Midsummer Night's Dream (Summer 2014 Secret Santa) Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New my-crazy-neighborhood story!  This one is icky, so spoiler for bodily fluids: 

Over in the Birchbox thread, someone posted a link to a Buzzfeed quiz about how to tell if you're a beauty addict.  I took it (and got a 69), and there was a link at the bottom of the results to a story on usatoday.com about a man peeing in a reservoir in Portland.  I immediately thought, "Is this an old story?  It must be Mount Tabor.  Because that just happened a few years ago.  On Mount Tabor."  It's a new story that happened a few days ago.  It's Mount Tabor.  *Again*.  It's also the reservoir system where my drinking water comes from.  I keep telling people that it is the secret to my superstrong immune system (I take *maybe* one sick day a year, and the most recent bit of sick time I took was a couple of shortened workdays for oral surgery in the afternoon) and that I will survive the zombie apocalypse because I drink that stuff directly from the tap.  In the past, we have had multiple people pee in it and have sex in it, dead animals float in it, and a decaying human corpse pulled out of it.  The reason this can happen is because it is an above-ground uncovered reservoir protected only by a fence.  The reason people freak out:  It contains *treated* water ready to immediately go out to customers with no additional treatment.  You know you're in Portland when people get *upset* that the water bureau is draining it to clean the contamination because it's an unnecessary expense.  And I'm with the people who think it's silly:  The reservoir is open.  Birds poop over it while flying.  Squirrels scamper and frolic in it.  And all of the bugs and spiders?  There must be a crazy number in there.  It's already contaminated.  *One* dude peeing in it is somehow worse than an unknown number of raccoons swimming/pooping/peeing/boinking in it?

Inorite? Somehow when a human's involved it turns into OMGZORZENDOFWORLDNAO!!!!!!!! But the bugs and animals are okay to frolic away in the reservoir.

*sniff*  You guys!  I'm going to miss you over the next few days!  I feel like it's the end of the school year, and everyone will go their separate ways for a few months, and then when we come back, everyone will be *different*. 

luv.gif
 I cannot wait to see the new site!  I am sure we will have even more fun!  Have a great couple of days! 
huggies.gif

*sniffs* I'm going to *sniff* miss you all *grabs tissue*!

I'm sure things will be fine and we'll pick back up where we left off in a few days, but it's still going to be weird not being able to hang out over here in the meantime.

New my-crazy-neighborhood story!  This one is icky, so spoiler for bodily fluids: 
Over in the Birchbox thread, someone posted a link to a Buzzfeed quiz about how to tell if you're a beauty addict.  I took it (and got a 69), and there was a link at the bottom of the results to a story on usatoday.com about a man peeing in a reservoir in Portland.  I immediately thought, "Is this an old story?  It must be Mount Tabor.  Because that just happened a few years ago.  On Mount Tabor."  It's a new story that happened a few days ago.  It's Mount Tabor.  *Again*.  It's also the reservoir system where my drinking water comes from.  I keep telling people that it is the secret to my superstrong immune system (I take *maybe* one sick day a year, and the most recent bit of sick time I took was a couple of shortened workdays for oral surgery in the afternoon) and that I will survive the zombie apocalypse because I drink that stuff directly from the tap.  In the past, we have had multiple people pee in it and have sex in it, dead animals float in it, and a decaying human corpse pulled out of it.  The reason this can happen is because it is an above-ground uncovered reservoir protected only by a fence.  The reason people freak out:  It contains *treated* water ready to immediately go out to customers with no additional treatment.  You know you're in Portland when people get *upset* that the water bureau is draining it to clean the contamination because it's an unnecessary expense.  And I'm with the people who think it's silly:  The reservoir is open.  Birds poop over it while flying.  Squirrels scamper and frolic in it.  And all of the bugs and spiders?  There must be a crazy number in there.  It's already contaminated.  *One* dude peeing in it is somehow worse than an unknown number of raccoons swimming/pooping/peeing/boinking in it?
I read that news story and thought it was an unnecessary expense also. Just the sheer volume of water involved, it would be so diluted. The official even said it was more the thought of it than any health concern.

I hope it's okay that I go a bit off topic here but I feel like I have to tell you guys..... I'M PREGNANT!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />     I couldn't wait to tell you all.  
 That is amazing!!!  Congrats!  Do not worry about going off topic here--this is our group hangout--there is no such thing as off topic.  Especially if you have such great news to share!  :wub:

I hope it's okay that I go a bit off topic here but I feel like I have to tell you guys..... I'M PREGNANT!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I couldn't wait to tell you all.
Congratulations! So exciting! Another MUT baby!

Also: Topic? There's a topic in here? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay Congrats LadyK!!! That's so amazing!  

(and yes, no such thing as off-topic in this thread!  It's all good!)

And FYI everyone I'm still finding my way around the new site too...  I'll try to have the sign-up thread started by the end of this week!  I'm still trying to find all the old threads I'm subscribed to!

SO HAPPY MUT IS BACK!!! I missed you all!

And FYI everyone I'm still finding my way around the new site too...  I'll try to have the sign-up thread started by the end of this week!  I'm still trying to find all the old threads I'm subscribed to!

SO HAPPY MUT IS BACK!!! I missed you all!
Seconded!! To almost all of the above!  I'm just glad I found us!  So happy for the "My Content" button, because the "Content I Follow" Button didn't have all my subscriptions like I expected!

I'm also on the list of those still figuring out the new digs.  I will have to try the "my Content" button @elizabethrose .  Thanks for the tip!

Whew! Hooray that makeup talk is back! Although I can't find anything as of yet. Ha ha ha. I'll figure it out eventually right?

I had a fabulous spring break last week (& part of this week). My hubby is finally back from military training & we are a full family again. To celebrate we all hopped on a plane & headed to Disneyland & his parents house for the week! Although flying for 12 hours each way with six kiddos isn't my favorite thing to do (actually it's a nightmare), Disneyland made up for it!!!! It was packed of course! We spent one full day there & rode only 3 rides & met 3 characters (captain America for my 3 boys & Elsa & Anna for my 3 girls). I've been to disney a bazillion times & I've never seen lines like these before. It took 3.5 hours to get to Elsa & Anna (surprise surprise). But we enjoyed the things we were able to do while we were there. Now we are home & completely jet lagged! Ha ha ha.

I'm also on the list of those still figuring out the new digs.  I will have to try the "my Content" button @elizabethrose .  Thanks for the tip!
I ended up using "My Content" to go back and find all the threads I actually wanted to subscribe to (currently- I don't actually need Birchbox January 2014 Spoilers anymore!) and then "Followed" them with a weekly reminder.. we'll see what that means :/... and now my subscription page (which is called "Content I Follow" now...?) actually works.  To make the things un-bold though (like you're caught up on a thread and read the most recent post) you have to click the star to the left of the thread (which takes you to the "last post you read" for me, that's like.. page 2 of every thread for whatever reason.. even though I'm certain I read pages beyond that), and then it will un-bold on your Content I Follow Page!  I think!  At least it's currently working for me!

Latest posts

Back