Age You Started Wearing Makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16 or 17 when I really started wearing makeup. Before that, around 15, I wore loose powder occasionally to cover some mild flaws (at that age, I needed little coverage, now its a different matter
motz.gif
). In anyway, makeup was not allowed at school, not even in college till after 18 where I am, so I had to make it real subtle when I wore it to school at 15.

When I first started high school, so when I was about 12, just a bit of lipgloss and eyeshadow, then when I was 14 I went through a sort of gothic phase so i piled the eyeliner on, and now I tend to wear it everyday except for foundation which I only use occasionally.

Around the age 15, started with some lipgloss, foundation and powder to hide acne and uneven skin tone. then added blush, e/s, e/liner, mascara as time went on.

Started "experimenting" at 12is, but didn'tstart wearing it regularly until around 15.

When I was 10, I got this Cover Girl kit with four or five eyeshadows, an eyeliner, and a mascara (in those so 1980s blue hues) while out with a friend, and I was immediately addicted. My mother would not let me wear makeup out of the house until I was about 13 though, and then she set all these rules about what colors I could wear, where on the eye I could wear it (upper lid only - no browbone, no lower lid makeup, mascara only on upper lashes). By the time I was 15, I quit listening to her about that stuff, and she quit complaining because I had gotten pretty good at doing my eyes
smile.gif

I was 13 when I was aloud to wear it out of the house. Of course then I thought I was all tough and wore POUNDS of eyeliner on the tops of my lids and on my waterline. Right now Im 16 (almost 17!) and I wear coverup, foundation, eyeshadow, mascarea, blush/bronzer.. the whole 9 yards. So I guess 16 was when I reallllly started wearing make up.

I was 15 I think...I was a tomboy growing up, I didn't get into make up as a preteen. I was still running around outside in the mud with the boys! haha I still do that too sometimes but now I look beautiful doing it! XD

Erm. I'mma estimate around 12/13... don't think I wore it on a daily basis until I was 15 or something.

I use to see my Elementary students wear it - I don't mine the flavored chapsticks or makeup for dress-up... but the minute I saw them wearing blush and blue eyeshadow on regular school days, I told them to take it off. They're so naturally beautiful at that age... but they don't seem to understand that. :/

My Mum never wore makeup so I used to play with my Grandmothers cosmetics when I went to her house at the weekends. I think I was about 8/9. It was only lipstick and sometimes blush, I always went for dark reds and browns lol.

I started wearing makeup almost daily when I was about 14/15 and that was blush, mascara and kohl lined eyes- for school, not quite sure how I got away with it!

Foundation came at 18.

Now I only wear it when I go out or need a lil confidence boost. I try to leave it off as much as poss because I have bad skin
frown.gif

I started wearing make up when I was about 12- I look back and realize how horrible it was, but, we all need to start somewhere! I started wearing it on a daily basis at around 15... which is a tad bit young, I suppose...

At 13-14 it was just lipgloss, but last summer (at the age of 23) I started really getting into makeup.

Back