Airbrush Makeup!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by trueface /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Kelley, what system do you recommend for a professional business.  I'm just looking into this approch, and I'm really excited about it. 

Thanks

Leigh

For a starter, dinair

Totally agree with changingfaces - the Temptu is not for professionals because you can't mix makeup. But, then again lots of people love it because it's less hassle than the other systems. Remember that Temptu is a pod system so it looks really awesome but may not suit everyone. If you want versatility go with other systems but if you want hassle free, go with this. Oh - and Temptu makeup is silicone based - looks good but might irritate your skin. Dinair is pretty popular because they have great customer service and very good quality, water-based makeup. There are several great brands though so do your research and maybe pop into a salon/Sephora to try some out.

Hi Leigh - look into the MAC Air system which uses Iwata equipment (you get a discount if you do their course) or buy the Iwata equipment separately - they have many different compressors and airbrush guns all of which are a high standard.

That's just one suggestion and a good place to start - there are many other good brands too.

Great news. This is something I am interested in, but haven't had the courage to try yet. got a much better price on it there. Now, I have had it for less than a week, I have been using it every morning and it is very, very quick and easy now, even goes on much faster than my old routine with my mineral powders.

hi, thanks for the info, buuuuut as a 46 yr old i do have some wrinkles and just watched a vid on Dinair system and it was great until she said "well of course if you have wrinkles basically forget it". I,m not looking for miracles (maybe i am) but surely there is some product that will that can help us feel better or is it just reserved for the much younger geration.    Thanks

Hello! Just wanted to let you know that dinair has a 30 day risk free trial for $29.95 if you don't like it you send it back with in that 30 day time period and get your money back. If you do end up keeping it they charge your card $49.95 (?) 50 bucks a month for five months. It's 50 more then if you buy it out right but you get a chance to test it out before you commit. I'll be honest I got mine last Wed. I'm liking it because it's quicker then traditional methods but the glamor foundation they offer sucks. Just got the paramedical today in the mail so I'll be testing that out later. Good luck if you choose this method. 

Dinair glamor works great on "mature" skin just mix in the moist and dewy in with your foundation. You won't cover the wrinkles but you will even skin tone and give the skin a fresh look. Stay away from any shimmer! It wil make the wrinkles stand out and bring out the fine lines(disco ball look) I have been testing out different methods on my mother in law.lol she's now addicted to spray tans lmao. I've created a monster(in law)

Absolutly! The best way I found to cover tattoos is with the paramedical color (orange highlight) this gets rid of the contrast between light and dark,shadows ect. From there choose a foundation that matches best. Stench marks are best concealed with self tanner and(or) foundation. Hopes this helps xoxo:D

Btw I not in love with dinair foundation it's all I had to work with at last Sunday's shoot. Broke ass girl tryin to make a dollar out of fifteen cents. If you can't but it now do like the rest of us and wait till' taxes come in lmao your welcom. And ya can bet I won't be buyin these super expensive foundations once there done I've already started mixing and thinning out my Mac colors. Take that dinair glad my Momma don't raise no fool lol

Btw I not in love with dinair foundation it's all I had to work with at last Sunday's shoot. Broke ass girl tryin to make a dollar out of fifteen cents. If you can't but it now do like the rest of us and wait till' taxes come in lmao your welcom. And ya can bet I won't be buyin these super expensive foundations once there done I've already started mixing and thinning out my Mac colors. Take that dinair glad my Momma don't raise no fool lol

I've heard many people who have bought the Luminesse Air system end up very unhappy. Clogged styluses which wind up broken very soon after purchase, too small of a cup, very expensive refills, broken/weak compressors, inability to get out of their 'auto buy', and customer service that really sucks. I personally would never in a million years buy one. If I was going to buy an airbrush system, I'd buy a proper compressor and stylus, for sure. Definitely not some 'seen on tv' junk. That's too much money to be flushing down the toilet with a company that doesn't care about it's customers. I'd suggest that anybody who's looking for an airbrush system to hit YouTube to watch reviews on different REAL airbrush and compressor companies. I've done the same and wound up with a lot of great info. As a result, I know which type of compressor and airbrush I'll be buying in the future, and what's important to look for.

I understand that it can give you a better result, but I don't want to put up with all the hassle of an airbrush foundation. Have yet to see a convenient and fast airbrusher :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have had it for less than a week, I have been using it every morning and it is very, very quick and easy now, I just came across the temptu,thanks

I actually bought the Luminess Air about.. Omg, 2-3 years ago but at the time it was too time consuming to put together/clean/figure out for me when all I wanted was some foundation so I ended up returning it. I do have to admit, it was a lot of fun to use the shimmery bronzer and turn my friends into golden statues! Lol

Has anyone had problems with the Dinair makeup? I've got it, and it seems like it cracks after being applied under the eyes, and after you build a couple layers, no matter how dry it is, it can smear off if being rubbed too hard. I do apply moisturizer before using it, because I've noticed if I don't, the entire thing looks cracked and flaky and just plain gross. Has this happened for anyone else? Or am I just doing something wrong?

Could I use a different airbrush makeup for this machine?

I have noticed with Dinair my face gets extremely dry. And this is with putting on moisturizer (expensive) and making sure my face is clean and ready for the makeup.. Temptu seems to work better on me... Probably just depends on the person but I will tell you I was extremely disappointed with the Dinair.

I had the same problem. With the Dinair (For me) I really have to prep and prime my face beforehand. ALSO, instead of giving up on it all together I ordered some different colors and found my perfect match in Olive Beige. Now it looks totally different.. I still put on moisturizer and toner before hand, then primer, then add one drop of the moist and dewey in the airbrush gun.. That makes a world of difference. I've got a routine down now and it seems to be working.. I also loveeeeeeeeeee the Temptu. I use it on days where I am going to the gym and hot days when I know my makeup will stay put.. It's nice to go back and forth between the two.

Back