Allure Beauty Box April 2016 **spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm I see people are getting their boxes, but I don't have a tracking number yet.  

I did not get tracking until after it showed up in my mailbox.  It may just show up like mine did.
You're right, the mail man brought it today! 

I'm a little indifferent about a few items. I won't use the glossing cream and the mascara is meh. I love DDF and curious about the shower oil. I'm not sure about the perfume. Usually the "mature" scents smell good on me. Will see!

I have been subscribed to this box for over a year, maybe even two years now, and never switched to the "new" billing people. I think it's ridiculous that I would have to do that after they told me I don't have to do anything. Then there was that whole extra box debacle that happened two months ago or so. I did not receive the extra box any of the months that got sent out.

So on February 16th I sent them an email saying they should not treat their long time subscribers worse than people who just signed up. If anything, they should try and keep their long time customers to stay subscribed! I got a generic "thanks for reaching out, we'll contact you shortly" message. Well, they didn't get back to me, so on March 7th I wrote back saying that it's pretty crummy customer service to not get back to someone after almost a month.

They finally replied on March 9th with another generic "the free boxes that are mailed out monthly from Allure Beauty Box are mailed to a small selection of customers chosen at random" which is not true. They didn't even bother explaining the issue with who I am being billed by. I specifically addressed this issue in my initial email too.

Cut to today (April 6th)--I got a reply to my initial message saying that "we will have a love box sent to you". I am not sure what that even means, and again, none of my initial questions or complaints were answered. Just a very weird scenario. Guess I'll see what I get.

I have been subscribed to this box for over a year, maybe even two years now, and never switched to the "new" billing people. I think it's ridiculous that I would have to do that after they told me I don't have to do anything. Then there was that whole extra box debacle that happened two months ago or so. I did not receive the extra box any of the months that got sent out.

So on February 16th I sent them an email saying they should not treat their long time subscribers worse than people who just signed up. If anything, they should try and keep their long time customers to stay subscribed! I got a generic "thanks for reaching out, we'll contact you shortly" message. Well, they didn't get back to me, so on March 7th I wrote back saying that it's pretty crummy customer service to not get back to someone after almost a month.

They finally replied on March 9th with another generic "the free boxes that are mailed out monthly from Allure Beauty Box are mailed to a small selection of customers chosen at random" which is not true. They didn't even bother explaining the issue with who I am being billed by. I specifically addressed this issue in my initial email too.

Cut to today (April 6th)--I got a reply to my initial message saying that "we will have a love box sent to you". I am not sure what that even means, and again, none of my initial questions or complaints were answered. Just a very weird scenario. Guess I'll see what I get.
I agree with you 100%. I was like why do I have to change over when they specifically said no worries we will handle it all. But then everyone who switched go special extra boxes. That was enough to convince me to dump the beautybar billing and just re sign up with Allure. It's stupid but, I don't think sub boxes (generally) reward long time customers. 

Stitch Fix has been the only box who's sent me extra items (note books, totes) for being a long time subscriber.  

I'm baaaaaaack!

Sorry for being obnoxious, ladies, but I've missed this board & chatting about our Allure beauty boxes. Due to long complicated medical stuff, I've been away but am happy to be home. Onto the important topic!

April marks my 7th month of subscription & 8th box (I did get the Red Carpet Box that I promptly re-homed to my beloved niece) I've gotten from Allure and couldn't be more pleased with the service & products. The products are a generous size with frequent full-sized offerings and I love the variety. No, not everything is something I want to rush right out to buy, but I like that there is enough to use to discover if I do dislike something a wide variety of products that I can make an informed choice. I'm sampling brands I've not been aware of prior to the box -- Cargo cosmetics being the first that comes to mind. I'm loving this month's perfume and love that perfume can be an option. Or candles. Or brushes. Or... surprise me, but you've been doing that for a while now Allure. A good surprise.

I agree with you 100%. I was like why do I have to change over when they specifically said no worries we will handle it all. But then everyone who switched go special extra boxes. That was enough to convince me to dump the beautybar billing and just re sign up with Allure. It's stupid but, I don't think sub boxes (generally) reward long time customers. 

Stitch Fix has been the only box who's sent me extra items (note books, totes) for being a long time subscriber.  
I'm not expecting extra items. But I would think if you're going to send out an extra bonus box, with no mention of it being sent out at random or only for the newer subscribers, everyone who subscribes should get one. They sure don't forget that I subscribe/it's not an issue that I didn't resubscribe when it comes time to take money out of my account.

Received my box yesterday, there was no 7th item in the box.  But every item in there was of good size and very nice in person.  The perfume is nice and in a cute bottle.  DDF product is very nice, and the L'Occitane is better than the little samples you get from Sephora.  I am happy with this box.

It is kind of funny, but Allure sent me an email yesterday letting me know that box was on its way and I was opening my April box at that time!!
Got my box today, and same thing happened where they just sent out my tracking number yesterday (or was it the day before?)

I thought that this month was a great selection of items (besides my Mally lip pencil, but I'll get onto that later)

The perfume based on the notes outside the box seemed like I wouldn't like it, but to me it smelly really nice and pretty sweet

I have tried the Fekkai product in the past and loved it. It lasted a really long time too which is nice

The Loreal Voluminous mascara has been around forever, but I have never tried it up until now. Like the name it gave off a ton of volume, but not that much length. I feel like this will be a good mascara to layer with another

The primer was one of my favorite items in the box! It is basically part serum part pore reduction. I found this primer to not be as mattifying as others because of the serum. I love the feel of this primer! Knowing that my primer is helping as part-skincare is also great. I would probably buy this primer again, but it is a little bit too pricey for me!

The almond shower oil actually leaked all over my box sadly. There was no seal or anything, hopefully mine was maybe just a defect and that doesn't happen to you guys. I haven't used this in the shower yet but the smell is nice!

I always feel like I get the worst colors in this box. The Mally lip pencil I got was bright orange, which I know many can pull off but not me. I swatched the formula and it seems nice, but I will be giving this to someone else that would use it more than me

Liked this box a lot and glad it wasn't just full of facial products, I hope this because a trend for these boxes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the seasonal Allure Beauty Thrills box been discontinued? I haven't seen anything about it, and the allurebeautythrills.com link no longer works. I love these a mega boxes for their value!

I contacted CS today and was told that my box should be shipped on the 14th. The latest on the 21st which is ridiculous as they say the May box will start shipping April 29th!!!

I will wait till the 14th and then call to make a scene :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)) they charged my card at the end of March.

Last month I got an item less, this month it takes them way too long to ship. Grr

I contacted CS today and was told that my box should be shipped on the 14th. The latest on the 21st which is ridiculous as they say the May box will start shipping April 29th!!!

I will wait till the 14th and then call to make a scene :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)) they charged my card at the end of March.

Last month I got an item less, this month it takes them way too long to ship. Grr
Wow on the 14th, I wonder if they changed their shipping. My box used to always go out in the first couple of days of the month and would get it within 2 days. I guess I'm spoiled as this was one box I always counted on getting the first week of the month  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I'll wait until the end of the week and call them if I don't have it yet. 

I used to get mine too way earlier in the month. This is really late. Birchbox used to come later for me than the Allure box and now it's the other way around. I hope the wait means a really great box.

Edited to add: I totally forgot the spoiler was out on this box already and it turned out to be a nice box. Wow, I'm totally losing it! :lol: Now it's just a matter of getting the box in my hands.

Yes, all the time I have been subscribed to Allure I got it quite early with the exception of February 2016 I think, when I had to call and make a fuss. I liked this box because it came early in the month.

Last month I got it one of the first (without 1 item but still). Do not like to wait for 2 weeks when most of other subscribers already used half of their boxes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They still can't get it all together: the content of the boxes improved but then the quality of service dropped (without even mentioning the mess with Beauty Bar billing). They do find the way to disappoint their subscribers :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got mine on Sat, really like the box, especially the shower oil. It is amazing! Not so thrilled about the perfume, but I can use in the winter. I hope you get your boxes soon.

I used to get my box SUPER fast when they were BeautyBar. But then they changed to allure and when I didn't change with them my box when from one of the first shipped and arrived to dead last. Now that I've switched over to Allure my box ships early again. 

I don't get their shipping methods at all.

Well, I called and expressed my disappointment the way they handle their shipping :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Of course the reps can't do anything as they have no idea how the warehouse handles the labels and what the pattern for shipping out the boxes. I guess they are just there to sign you up as a new subscriber but nothing else for the existing customers.

I still asked him to see if he could push me up the list somehow. Don't believe the success of my request but would not hurt :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BTW, the e-mail I sent yesterday was answered in timely manner.

Has the seasonal Allure Beauty Thrills box been discontinued? I haven't seen anything about it, and the allurebeautythrills.com link no longer works. I love these a mega boxes for their value!
The Beauty Thrills box has always been my favorite, and I still have a huge box full of hair products from them. The website looks like it's under construction now, it says "something new is coming." It seems like that usually happens a couple weeks before they announce the box. Usually it comes out around April. I hope they do the pre-order for all the boxes again this year. That was an amazing deal, even with the pre-order premium. I don't even remember the last time I had to buy body wash or anything hair care.

I signed up for the beauty box and the website said the April box was sold out and that I would have to wait until the May box shipped. Then yesterday, the mailbox surprised me with a box o' goodies! I love the glossing serum and still have a little left from when it was part of the big Thrills box a couple years ago. The perfume is a bit strong, but I like that it has a dabber instead of a sprayer. That will last a long time, since I don't wear perfume often. The lipliner that came was "Cool Red," which is actually a pretty berry color on me. I toned it down with a mauve lipstick and it's been fabulous all day long. I'm excited to use the bath oil on my preschooler who gets super dry skin and eczema patches.

For those who have used the primer, does it go over sunscreen, or under it? 

Sorry so many are having issues with shipping. That's frustrating and I hope it gets resolved for everyone soon.

Back