Allure Beauty Box April 2016 **spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to get my box SUPER fast when they were BeautyBar. But then they changed to allure and when I didn't change with them my box when from one of the first shipped and arrived to dead last. Now that I've switched over to Allure my box ships early again. 

I don't get their shipping methods at all.
i switched from Beauty Bar the first month Allure took over, and I used to get my box the first week of the month. But the last few months its been mid to late month, so thinking they have changed their shipping process. Not to mention I get the shipping email the same day I get my box, if at all. This is still one of my favorite boxes though and the value is great. I just need to change my expectations of when it will arrive I guess  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you! I think I should have known this already,but the serum portion threw me off.
Typically serum would go first and then the moisturizer and then primer but looks like the DDF is a different product since it's a serum/moisturizer/primer all in one. It's really confusing. According to ULTA it's used as the last step in skin care like a primer would be used if used under makeup.

Typically serum would go first and then the moisturizer and then primer but looks like the DDF is a different product since it's a serum/moisturizer/primer all in one. It's really confusing. According to ULTA it's used as the last step in skin care like a primer would be used if used under makeup.
I agree, I think the DDF item as more of a primer than anything else. So I use it after everything else but before foundation.

Sorry, venting out :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are supposed to charge the card only if they are ready to ship the box pretty much straight away. I pressed the CS again and it turned out that for some reason my box was not pulled out for April when they started the shipment and when they charged my card.
Of course, they can't ship out 50 000 boxes in one day (according to the CS) but if I had not have contacted them, they would not even ship the box today (as promised several days ago). Now she assured me it will be sent straight away. 

Sorry, venting out :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They are supposed to charge the card only if they are ready to ship the box pretty much straight away. I pressed the CS again and it turned out that for some reason my box was not pulled out for April when they started the shipment and when they charged my card.

Of course, they can't ship out 50 000 boxes in one day (according to the CS) but if I had not have contacted them, they would not even ship the box today (as promised several days ago). Now she assured me it will be sent straight away. 
Venting with you! I still haven't received my box either, sounds like I need to call them tomorrow. How frustrating. 

I cancelled this April Box as it has not been sent yet despite the assurance that it would be out of the door on the 14th of April.

I asked for the refund and will call tomorrow to see if at all they are processing the cancelation. Looks like nothing is happening at all either I call or chat.

I kept all the transcripts of the chats I had. But I am so disappointed with their customer service. For the moment I also discontinued my membership and will see if there will be anything interesting in May box to sign up again.

All I had is the apologies and failed promises.

I cancelled this April Box as it has not been sent yet despite the assurance that it would be out of the door on the 14th of April.

I asked for the refund and will call tomorrow to see if at all they are processing the cancelation. Looks like nothing is happening at all either I call or chat.

I kept all the transcripts of the chats I had. But I am so disappointed with their customer service. For the moment I also discontinued my membership and will see if there will be anything interesting in May box to sign up again.

All I had is the apologies and failed promises.
Sorry to hear about your experience, hate that you have had to cancel.

I contacted CS and was told my box was still at the warehouse, sounds like a canned response. I'm supposed to get a shipping email within 24 hours, so we'll see. I wonder what happened this month? I have never encountered shipping problems like this before, this is the first month. I hope this is not going to continue, I really enjoy this box and would hate to have to cancel. 

OMG!!! I got a shipping notification with the date of April 8th that it was shipped.

They are crazy. Right leg doesn't know what the left one does!!!

The e-mail also states the charge will appear as beauty bar on the credit card statement but mine is always allure beauty box.

The girl on the phone told me they had a problem with the system: billing-shipping and that is why it took so long. But honestly I think it was another story as at first glance she could see the box was shipped April 8. But when she looked further, it appeared it was sitting in the warehouse. According to her, they charged everybody but their system didn't come up with all the names they charged so they ran all the names again through their data base and that is why it took so long.

I don't know... I like Allure box but lately they have so many glitches!

I wonder what is in May box. They were so busy to send out April boxes, no time for spoilers :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Got this damn box :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did anybody else receive Mally lip gloss instead of lip liner?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back