American Idol Jordin Sparks: Obese?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
INSANE!!!!! That lady is a HUGE part of the problem with young girls today. To say that Jordin is obese is totally insane!

UGH! That blonde woman was pissing me off so bad! Jordan isn't even heavy, wtf is this BS about calling her OBESE?! This makes me so angry... I can't even believe it. I just don't understand people like her.

OMG!!! i may have to send mimi some hate mail. how does she have any idea about the health of jordin? look at that jordin's arms! they have tone, look at her in pants and a shirt! she's a tall girl. she's 17, she looks like the average american girl.

grrrrrrr i am so mad.

add:

okay, i am back. i went on this lady's website (national action against obesity) to give her a piece of my mind. her name is meme roth, and she isn't any type of expert or doctor!!!!

oh yeah, on her website, she also wants parents to boycott shrek, a CARTOON!!!!

directly from her website about what makes her any type of expert:

What do I know about obesity? All 3 Obesity Strikes are against me: My metabolism has aged along with me, I’ve gone through two pregnancies…and I come from a long line of obesity. Growing up, I always knew I’d be fat. After seeing my obese family on my wedding day, the groomsmen wagered how long until the bride would be fat too. Sounds cruel? It’s the same thing everyone in every pew was thinking.

But it struck me just after having my two children. Remaining fit is wholly and entirely up to me. Period.

My message to you is this: NEVER GET FAT.

so basically, she's a crusader because she has let her crappy husband's side of the family's comments get the better of her.

i have no problem with obesity awareness, but she is ridicuolous.

brewgrl, I agree with you... there is nothing wrong with obesity awareness but this meme person is just nuts. She sounds like she has deep psychological problems due to her family's obesity. "Don't get fat"... ugh people like this piss me off. SO WHAT if there are people that are overweight out there?! Yes there are health issues, and I'm all for being healthy... but there are health issues associated with starving yourself and striving for a body image that isn't possible for you to achieve also. I think everyone should just be happy with what they have and who they are, and be healthy. There's no reason to go overboard and boycott Shrek!

This Meme Roth character needs to get a life. Was obesity that big of a deal or even talked about when Ruben Studdard won? Did she get on Fox News and do a story like this on Ruben? Not to my knowledge. This lady has a double standard. Sounds to me that she thinks it is fine for men to be overweight, but that women cannot be. I think she needs to be punched in the head for thinking Jordin is obese. She is still a teenager!

I was so annoyed when I saw that piece on Fox...Jordin looks sooo healthy. She is far from obese

I think the only way to knows if she's obese is to calculate her BMI, which I'm pretty sure that although she does has some extra meat but she's no way near to be specified as "obesity", "high level of cholesterol", or in "danger of diabetes ". beside the BMI, there are other major factors that are use to determine obesity such as calculating the percentage of body fat, HDL and LDL levels, blood pressure, blood sugar level, etc. so who is that know-it-all lady that went on the show and talked about all the nonsense? that lady needs to stopped being so judgmental and she needs get her facts right. it's so sad that she accused Jordin for being "obese" solely judging from her physical appearance. her accusation makes no sense to me. it seems as though she's going coo-coo with weight problems...it's kind of sad and scary. somebody should send her to see a psychiatrist. lol

I am so sick of people in this society putting their two cents where it doesnt belong. Jordin didnt ask for that discussion and hello she's still a child. WTF is wrong with that lady?? I am totaly blown away that this even made it to TV, what a joke. They're a newscast channel???? This isnt news worthy to me.

Jordin is a big girl....by that i mean she's tall, is built with big bones and may have a little excess weight on her to some (not me)....I think she's gorgeous and I hope she doesnt cave into society and lose weight for them. She should be a role model for young adults to except themselves for who they are and know theyre beautiful no matter what.

I am boiling right now.....errrr
madd.gif

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif This Meme Roth character needs to get a life. Was obesity that big of a deal or even talked about when Ruben Studdard won? Did she get on Fox News and do a story like this on Ruben? Not to my knowledge. This lady has a double standard. Sounds to me that she thinks it is fine for men to be overweight, but that women cannot be. I think she needs to be punched in the head for thinking Jordin is obese. She is still a teenager! Thank you!!!!! Well said
applaus.gif

she looks absolutly normal and keep in mind that the camera make you look bigger than you are, i could kick this blonde women.

gosh! someone needs to stop giveing this chic all them burgers and pies...lol

hahaha!!! THAT MEME LADY WROTE ME BACK!!!

i wonder if she knows that whole thing is on youtube because she denies she made any type of comment. i am pretty sure it was a generic email because i basically called her an evil annorexic b#^%# and never made any more comments as to what made me upset other than the subject stating that i saw her on fox talking about jordin sparks

part of her statement in her email back to me (i guess she must have been on a few shows talking smack):

For the record... I was invited onto news shows to discuss child obesity and the American Idol show. I have only ever used the words "tragedy" or "nightmare" to describe America's child obesity epidemic, not a person, and not a performer on American Idol. Nor have I used the word "obese" to describe Jordin Sparks. Nor have I said her size should prevent her from winning. I stand 100% behind only the statements I made, nothing scripted to introduce any interview.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif hahaha!!! THAT MEME LADY WROTE ME BACK!!!i wonder if she knows that whole thing is on youtube because she denies she made any type of comment. i am pretty sure it was a generic email because i basically called her an evil annorexic b#^%# and never made any more comments as to what made me upset other than the subject stating that i saw her on fox talking about jordin sparks

part of her statement in her email back to me (i guess she must have been on a few shows talking smack):

For the record... I was invited onto news shows to discuss child obesity and the American Idol show. I have only ever used the words "tragedy" or "nightmare" to describe America's child obesity epidemic, not a person, and not a performer on American Idol. Nor have I used the word "obese" to describe Jordin Sparks. Nor have I said her size should prevent her from winning. I stand 100% behind only the statements I made, nothing scripted to introduce any interview.

that's hilarious!!! I love how people try and deny things they've said, when it's clearly been captured on tape....she must be trying to flog a book or something and her PR reps told her to distance herself from saying that crap!!!

People like this woman are the exact reason why you have so many celebrities and young women starving themselves. Jordin is tall and imo there is nothing wrong with her. She's hardly obese. I know obese...hell people may call me obese, but Jordin is NOT. People want to box everyone in these tiny little packages and realistically it doesn't work. Like someone else said Jordin will lose weight because she'll be doing a lot of touring and promoting but I hope that she doesn't fall into that sterotypical " I gotta be skinny" trap. Healthy yes...but size 6 just isn't gonna work for her.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif hahaha!!! THAT MEME LADY WROTE ME BACK!!!i wonder if she knows that whole thing is on youtube because she denies she made any type of comment. i am pretty sure it was a generic email because i basically called her an evil annorexic b#^%# and never made any more comments as to what made me upset other than the subject stating that i saw her on fox talking about jordin sparks

That's so funny that she wrote you back!!! She's totally trying to do damage control...denying she said what she did. lol.

Originally Posted by EyeCandyDiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif People like this woman are the exact reason why you have so many celebrities and young women starving themselves. Jordin is tall and imo there is nothing wrong with her. She's hardly obese. I know obese...hell people may call me obese, but Jordin is NOT. People want to box everyone in these tiny little packages and realistically it doesn't work. Like someone else said Jordin will lose weight because she'll be doing a lot of touring and promoting but I hope that she doesn't fall into that sterotypical " I gotta be skinny" trap. Healthy yes...but size 6 just isn't gonna work for her. ITA!
smile.gif

Meme is being a total loser. If anything, she should have empathy for those who struggle with weight because she's battled with those mental complexes in her life. I am shocked that she would even turn her nose up at people the way she does. Lady's got a chip on her shoulder... it seems like it bristles her to see a beautiful, full-figured woman who is enjoying life and is loved by many.

And anyway, how does Meme (who has probably NEVER met Jordin anyway) know her exact physical profile? She doesn't know Jordin's diagnostics readings. She not medically trained, and she has no credentials or accreditations. I think she should just stick to "Obesity Awareness" and leave the diagnoses for the real doctors and medical professionals.

Wow is about all I can say.. Its pretty sad that the media even pays attention to what this women says..

that lady is on crack. Jordin Sparks..loooks fine and normal to me.

Lets be thankful thats she doesnt look like if you hug her her bones will break *cough* nicole richie.*lindsay lohan* all those hollywood skeletal girls..

Imm happy to see someone like Jordin on tv.

Goodness. i fcking hate media/body issues debate.

I don't understand anything. This Jordan girl looks perfectly healthy to me? And even if she was obese, is the right way to go to BULLY her and other overweight people into getting thin?

Okay, anyone standing next to puny little Ryan Seacrest and Blake Lewis is going to look big! I don't think she is fat, certainly not obese, I think she is beautiful and a very talented young woman!

Back