American Idol Jordin Sparks: Obese?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She doesn't stop!!!!!!!

Obesity expert takes heat from Sparks fans

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Updated: 3:23 a.m. ET June 4, 2007

Jordin Sparks fans are out for the blood of an obesity expert who said that the “American Idol†winner should lose some weight.

MeMe Roth of the National Action Against Obesity tells The Scoop that there have been “hate posts calling for my death†ever since she went on Fox TV and said that Sparks is overweight. “When I look at Jordin I see diabetes, I see heart disease, I see high cholesterol,†Roth said. “That’s what’s so sad about this — she is not the vision of health — she is the vision of ‘unhealth.’â€

Roth says she stands by her words — but did not call Sparks “obese†or say some of the other things that irate posters have attributed to her. Roth says that some have misconstrued her words because of Fox’s “sensationalized setup.â€

Roth further tells the Scoop she admires the 17-year-old singer’s talent and “effervescent personality†but adds that “her extra weight is a reflection of today’s society and a culture where many of our children have compromised health due to unhealthful food choices and inactivity ... We have to stop with the ‘baby fat,’ ‘curvy,’ ‘goddess’ euphemisms and own this child health crisis.â€

Says Roth: “You’ll also find Miss Sparks to be quite contradictory. In her latest People Magazine interview she’s both declaring to ‘love her body’ just as it is, while at the same time, in the sidebar, advising other ‘plus-size’ females on how to dress slim.â€

Source

Omg, she makes me so mad.. shes insane, besides if she is going to argue that.. well what about the millions of young girls( and guys even) facing eating disorders? They aren't that much healthier than the obese, and if anyone of anysize saw a super thin american idol- well then can't we argue that they will promote that also? either way, it can be argued.. This girl has got talent, and that should be the sole reason for her winning.

hahaha, i was a hate mail writer, i didnt say anything about her death, but i did call her many many many many names.

Back