Annual Upgrade Offer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to do this in March if the promo code still works then otherwise I'll wait until my 12th month.

I was thinking the same thing :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm going to do this in March if the promo code still works then otherwise I'll wait until my 12th month.

Me too. 
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to use it but since my first box hasn't shipped yet it said the code was not valid. Hopefully they will make a similar offer in the future.

I used this today. I paid $100 and got 200 points immediately! So excited.

although im going to contact customer service since I finished my gift subscription this past month and just signed up for monthly for march. So I was already charged for march. hrm..

They charge you immediately when you sign up. Since you just had to sign up on your own that's probably what they were doing.

yeah. i figure this is a non-normal situation, so Im sure they will be able to set my account right. Gah. I think this was a pretty sweet deal. I barely skimmed the email since I never read emails and only realized how good it was when I saw this!

I caved in. Saving $10 AND getting $20 back was too big to pass up. It's like getting 3 boxes for free... this better be worth it.

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried to use it but since my first box hasn't shipped yet it said the code was not valid. Hopefully they will make a similar offer in the future.

That's weird! My first box didn't ship yet and it let me use it. I wonder if that was a glitch? 

But since they charged me $10 for the box, and then the full price of the year, I basically paid for 12 months with no discount. so I'm not sure how that's going to work out box wise. 

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's weird! My first box didn't ship yet and it let me use it. I wonder if that was a glitch? 

But since they charged me $10 for the box, and then the full price of the year, I basically paid for 12 months with no discount. so I'm not sure how that's going to work out box wise. 

Email them and they will close out your first order and credit back your card. That's what I did and I already have a confirmation email of the refund. Their CS people are amazing!

Oh, CaliMel, thank you for posting this. I went back and tried again and it worked this time! I need to do the same adjustment request as you for the double charge for March but I am so excited to have the extra points!

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, CaliMel, thank you for posting this. I went back and tried again and it worked this time! I need to do the same adjustment request as you for the double charge for March but I am so excited to have the extra points!
Yay! Glad that you got in on it too. =] I was bummed for you when I read your first post, so I'm glad that you were able to go back and get your year as well! 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Email them and they will close out your first order and credit back your card. That's what I did and I already have a confirmation email of the refund. Their CS people are amazing!
That's good to know. I will have to do that today. Thanks for the heads up. I always get nervous contacting CS people because I'm scared they'll yell at me! Which is completely irrational, but the fear is still there. so I'm really glad to hear that they are nice. 

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Glad that you got in on it too. =] I was bummed for you when I read your first post, so I'm glad that you were able to go back and get your year as well! 

That's good to know. I will have to do that today. Thanks for the heads up. I always get nervous contacting CS people because I'm scared they'll yell at me! Which is completely irrational, but the fear is still there. so I'm really glad to hear that they are nice. 

haha I was too! I feel like I somehow cheated my way into some of my BB points. But nobody has said anything about it and I've talked with CS a billion times this month. But I work in CS and I know all I care is if my customer is telling me the truth and explains the exact problem. We always have a solution!

I had to do the same correction on the annual membership. Their CS is so wonderful! I am so glad I upgraded to the year. I also asked them about making sure I was still signed up to receive the TV box and by the way this sounds it seems as though my monthly one was but my yearly one wasn't, just to let you guys know if that happened to any of you.

Quote:

Email: Thanks for writing in! I have just refunded you $10 for your monthly payment, since you became a yearly member. Your March box will be the first box in your yearly subscription. Also, I updated your account so that you have opted in to receive a Teen Vogue box for March! Let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help you with!
  xo,  Audrey

Just following up to say they refunded the $10 from my monthly subscription right away. They really do have wonderful customer service!

Tried to use the code today, just to see if it worked still since I finally had the extra money today to upgrade. Doesn't work. I'm a sad panda. 
frown.gif
 I hope they offer something like this again.

Did anyone ask, or figure out what this meant? just curious 
cool.gif

Quote:

"we’ll gift you an extra-pink Birchbox with a special little surprise"

Cool thanks! I hope it means we get a extra box (besides the 'free' one from only paying $110). 

Originally Posted by mishtastic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha I just emailed about that today! I'll post my response when I get it.

Back