Anything wrong with 'old' perfumes?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I'm looking for clinique's in bloom perfume and online it says it was a LE from 2006 so is it bad to buy them at those random perfume stores that have all the old stuff (as long as it hasn't been opened) is it still good for use? does the shelf life lessen?

Reaction score
I just checked the site, I can't seem to find it. I saw it at macy's when I was in the US this summer, but then I decided to buy it in canada since we have clinique, however I can't find it here.

Reaction score
Alot of discount stores get those perfumes because they are "Stale Merchandise" That is why they offer them at a discount.

I am not sure if they smell differently or what, I have a few "older" perfumes that are fine. It's too bad you can't smell it before you buy it!

Reaction score
A lot of 'old' perfumes smell great when you put em on. 20 minutes later you can't even smell it.

Reaction score
I have old perfume as well, around 2 years, and they are fine.

Reaction score
I wear Estee Lauder Beautiful. It does change over time but it still smells lovely.

Reaction score
Especially if you keep your perfumes in a cool place and the lid tight on them--I think they are good for quite some time. Keep them in the refrigerator and they will last a super long time. Just don't forget to put them on- LOL

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookie-for-COCO /img/forum/go_quote.gif Especially if you keep your perfumes in a cool place and the lid tight on them--I think they are good for quite some time. Keep them in the refrigerator and they will last a super long time. Just don't forget to put them on- LOL Thanks for this tip.

Latest posts