Are some people just not suited to deep red or fire engine red lippies?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bear in mind if your teeth are less than pearly white, warm reds (reds with orange undertones) will make your less-than-white teeth more apparent, while blue reds will make less-than-white teeth look whiter.
I have noticed this too. My teeth are white, but not chemically whitened (they have a "natural" white) and blue reds make my teeth seem sparkling, snow white.

I found the opposite to be true when it comes to pinks. Blue toned light pinks make my teeth look more yellow  <_< .But I still wear them because I love that color  :blush2: .

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the mantra "there's a red for everyone".  Now, for me, the color "true red" (Pantone 19-1664), which is lacking in any shages of blue, green, etc., looks terrible on me.  My skin is a light pink/reddish undertones, and something so devoid of anything but red clashes with it.  However, "deeper" reds look fabulous with my skin.

I personally prefer dark burgundy reds on myself  or pinkish reds

Red reds like Ruby woo on me just look OTT on me i feel. 

Not a big fan of MAC ruby woo even though many pple like it.

I think everyone can wear red, depending on the tone and shade, just that you have to find a shade or tone which u feel comfortable with

Back