Are you a girly girl? A tomboy? Or...?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am definately a girly girl, but not to the point of ridiculous, I don't dumb myself down to fit into the "girly" stereotype. I refuse to act dumb or useless. But in all other aspects, appearance wise, the way I dress, my hair, my make up, I am very girly.

Girly Girl for sure... and i love being one. What's so bad about worrying that your hands will get dirty and screaming your lungs out when you see a bug? I just mind those things. And being interested in feminine stuff is just my thing. After all I am a 'girl'

I am kind of in the middle. I like girly things like clothes and makeup, but don't like other girly things like chick flicks, and I don't think I act really girly. Growing up on a cattle ranch, things dirt and manure never bothered me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also enjoy some geeky things which are normally associated with guys -- I am a software engineer (computer programmer) and am the only female on my team of 10 engineers, and I also like tend to enjoy more guy-oriented movies (like sci fi), and I play some video games (though I'm not very good at it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

However, since I tend to act a bit more like a tomboy (or like a geek ... I'm not really into sport and atheletics like a traditional tomboy), I like to look more girly to break the stereotypes! I want people to be surprised when I tell them I am an engineer! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (I had way too much fun telling people I was a Computer Science major in school, they were always surprised!)

Hence the user name .... I am both a girl and a geek! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

when i was younger i would cry if my socks werent frilly & lacey. ive always been a girly girl, i started wearing makeup very early on (too early looking back) and have cared about what i wore and how i looked since about 3rd grade.

im an in betweeny.. i dont know if there is such a thing.. there are times that i glam up and all that pretty stuff.. then most the time i can be pretty casual...

I am definitely BOTH. I was a tom boy growing up and i still love to throw my work boots on and help my husband with guy stuff....like welding or using a blow tourch. Then again I am a make-up freak and have more pairs of heels and more hand bags than you can imagine. But i like being both. People think I have a twin.... they don't understand how I can be one of the guys and then be such a girly girl.

There's days when I'm more tomboyish, and then there's days when I'm more girly. I've had days where I'm a mixture of both.

What makes a girly girl TOO girlee? In my opinion it's if you can't get yourself out of a situation. For instance, you get a flat tire... now a tomboy will jack it up and change it themselves without another thought. I think a girly girl would prefer to call someone else to do it. I spent 4 years as a US Marine, but when I get a flat, I call my husband. What's the point of sharing your life if they can't share a flat?!

I'm the one who push cars wearing mini skirt.

Change tires, fix showers, fix almost everything, kill cocroaches, spiders (only the brown ones, i like spiders hahaha), don't like to get dirty, but do it anyway, and i LOVE the feeling when I don't need anybody to do anything.

Oh, and i used to wear boy clothes and play with G.I. Joe when i was kid ahahhaha

But i'm pretty girlie, love make up, hair talk...

So i guess 50% girly, 50% tomboy... i think it will be hard to find someone 100% tomboy in a makeup message board ahahaah

Latest posts

Back