Are You An Emotional Person?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Adrienne, I can get really emotional when it comes to movies but I'm not like that when it comes to real life
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm very emotional... not the emo-route, but I'm a sensitive person and always have been.Only books I've cried reading was Night by Ellie Weisel, just because it was non-fiction. I cry at drama movies... shoot, I remember holding back tears when I was 8 years old watching the Lion King.

When I'm around people - I fight those tears. I'm emotional but I don't like showing it in front of others. I use to be made fun when I was little for being a cry baby and soon stopped showing emotion as I got older.

Ah !The Lion King ! I cried too. Probably also during Titanic, but more because Leonardo was dying, i don't care about Kate Winslett, i don't like her in that movie.
I cry when i watch sad movies or tv shows, or when i'm reading books. I rarely cry when listening to music, but i can feel sad. It can be embarrassing sometimes.

I don't cry in public, and i hardly cry in private, i prefer a kick in the wall rather than tears to get everything out.

I am a strong person and when i cry about my personal life i usually hide it: Ill openly (sometime excessively) cry, or laugh really loud from books, movies, etc. - i just can get really involved and absorbed in them. Im a -in the moment -kind of person.

Ok, well Celine Dion's "A new day" just played on the radio and I had a frog in my throat so i recant my earlier statement...

Don't throw rocks!

I'm emotional for sure. There are movies and certain songs that make me cry.

I'm very emotional. I cry for a lot of different reasons - sad, frustrated, happy, relief - I'm just a weeping willow! But I laugh more than I cry, and I think it's a good balance.

Yes, I am emotional! I am actually trying to loosen up a bit, though.
smile.gif

I think I am more emotional since becoming a mommy- anything to do with my son will make me cry. Or when I empathize with a mom on the news that lost their child, etc.

I don't really like to cry at movies and I didn't cry for the Notebook(everyone hyped it up for me when I finally saw it I thought it was only okay, I bet the book is sooo much better) and the reason Titanic teared me up was when I was thinking about the REAL people that had endured that.

I will cry when I hear "Bridge Over Troubled Water" though....I know I am also showing my age..lol

gosh you young folk, I think Lion King came out when I was 20!

Well I never cry in front of people. But there is 2 exceptions. If I'm ranting and really mad I might break down into tears. Then I watched I Am Sam with my BF and I just couldn't stop crying... he was laughing at me...

Other than that I get pretty overwhelmed emotionally lol but I never let anybody see it. I'll cry over a movie, a song, or a book, a memory, but only if I'm alone.

OMG Cellers, I cried reading that book too! how sad was it! incredible!

and yeah, lion king... all disney pretty much

I think I am an emotional person. Many of my friends don't see it, but I am. I have just been getting better about controlling it. I cry at weddings (if it warrants it), movies (like the Notebook ans Steel Magnolias), and especially if my feelings are hurt, badly.

I'm not normally very emotional, but sometimes something happens and I just have to let out some of my feelings. My one weakness is kittens when they are crying, it breaks my heart because it reminds me so much of my cat I had to put down this summer. I just want to run and cuddle them

Originally Posted by Roxie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, I am emotional! I am actually trying to loosen up a bit, though.
smile.gif
Yeah me too.

I am very emtional. I don't cry often about movies, only if it's very sad but I cry if I don't feel great or if things go wrong and I am feeling down, first thing I start crying. But not in front of people, I hide it and cry when I am alone most of the time.

I am also very sensitive to other people feelings. Sometimes I soak up their emotions . My emotions are a rollercoaster. I wish I was more relaxed but I can learn
smile.gif

But I guess my car crash made an impact on me which makes me more sensitive these days.

I do, im a sook sometimes
smile.gif
on the odd occasion when im watching a sad movie with my boyfriend ill tear up,and ill try and hide it from him. He always finds out though lol, . I used to have mad depression a few years ago and i did cry a lot - it comes and goes.

It depends for me, sometimes I can get really emotional and sometimes I'm quite tough. The only film I've cried at is The Notebook, but everyone has to cry at that film! If somebody says someone hurtful I usually act like I'm not bothered, I don't start crying or anything. So yeah, I suppose I'm sorta in the middle.

Latest posts

Back