Asian Color Friendly MMU?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just saw your pic on VOX, you're gorgeous
biggrin.gif
. I think you should also try Medium light I as well. I think you can get away with Light I as well from looking at your pic.Forget the Medium #2. It might be a bit darker for you.

So try this:

Light I

Medium light I and II

Medium #1

Prairie Wheat (Simple Radiance)

Finding the best shade is the most difficult thing on MU for me. So be patient and keep looking and trying
biggrin.gif

PS. Sorry for hijacking your thread an9el3md!

thank you so much for the compliments! Im blushing!!!
lol.gif

and the PS is for me??? becouse I didnt understand LOL. OICH.. my english is so sucks!!! lol

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Joppa and I found my match from their MMU. Hi egain Leony!!I order from Joppa this colors and I didnt find any match with nothing.

I gave all the samples to my friend.

do you have any ather foundations to sample from Joppa to advice me?

full coverage: light 2#, medium light 1# , medium light 2# . (3 samples)
morning dew foundations: Jaspar and goldenrod. (2 samples)

simple radiance foundations: nutmeg, prairie wheat, ginger (3 samples).

Originally Posted by an9el3md /img/forum/go_quote.gif Which companies do you think make good matches for asian skin? I usually try medium light colors, haven't found a good tone match yet. I would like something with medium coverage, dewiness, no mixing, and for dry skin. Any recommendations? Hi. I'm from Malaysia and I am looking for exactly what you are looking for! I've tried winged butter and medium beige from EDM, but no match. Now that they have olive shades, I have ordered a sample of golden medium intensive & hoping that it will be THE one for me (like you, I hate mixing!). I'm also currently trying out Signature Minerals which is about the only mmu you can get from within Malaysia. I got the samples last night and 7-Medium Light seems to be the exact shade for me but somehow I couldn't get enough coverage this morning. But I was in a hurry to get to work, so mebbe I should try again when I'm less hassled..

Try Lauress, Dreamworld, Meow, Monave, EDM, Lauress, Joppa, Buff'd, Oceanmist, among others.
laughing.gif
My current faves are DW and Lauress.

I've tried over a dozen MMU brands and here are the ones that worked well with my asian skin with heavy yellow undertones:

DreamWorld (beautiful, un-matte finish)

LaurEss Elemental (gold and yellow series, this formula is for dry skin)

Lumiere (try the Cashmere formula for a dewy finish)

Meow (try Manx, Abyssinian, Korat "breeds")

Blusche

Buff'd

Originally Posted by simisimi100 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thank you so much for the compliments! Im blushing!!!
lol.gif

and the PS is for me??? becouse I didnt understand LOL. OICH.. my english is so sucks!!! lol

Hi egain Leony!!

I order from Joppa this colors and I didnt find any match with nothing.

I gave all the samples to my friend.

do you have any ather foundations to sample from Joppa to advice me?

full coverage: light 2#, medium light 1# , medium light 2# . (3 samples)
morning dew foundations: Jaspar and goldenrod. (2 samples)

simple radiance foundations: nutmeg, prairie wheat, ginger (3 samples).
Wow, that's too bad.Well I think that's all I could rec because I have those samples I mentioned. You should try contact their customer service to get more help on finding your shade. Give it a try, they have nice customer service.

LOL the PS. is for the thread starter because we're hijacking her thread
biggrin.gif

You can make your own thread and maybe others could help you more.

try signature minerals, I am asian, I believed I have tried 5 or 6 different mineral company (EDM, Meow, Lumiere, Joppa, Elegant minerals (?), Bare minerals, sheer cover)and signature minerals has my match, their products are very nice too, out of all the products that I tried, they last the longest and go on you face the soomthest too!

Originally Posted by silkdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi. I'm from Malaysia and I am looking for exactly what you are looking for! I've tried winged butter and medium beige from EDM, but no match. Now that they have olive shades, I have ordered a sample of golden medium intensive & hoping that it will be THE one for me (like you, I hate mixing!). I'm also currently trying out Signature Minerals which is about the only mmu you can get from within Malaysia. I got the samples last night and 7-Medium Light seems to be the exact shade for me but somehow I couldn't get enough coverage this morning. But I was in a hurry to get to work, so mebbe I should try again when I'm less hassled.. I think you are like me. #7 in signature minerals was a good match but couldn't get coverage. I've tried light olive and golden medium they seem to match alright but slightly off for me.

Well I'm Asian and have medium to light-medium skin that's golden olive toned. I found my perfect match with Lauress in the "Fawn" shades. It's the most perfect match I've ever found! no mixing is necessary, and the finish is incredible. Lauress would be a good company to try because their colours are "neutralized" so it shouldn't be too hard to find a match. I've also tried Lumiere shades in Gold, Warm and Neutral but had no luck with them as gold was too gold, warm was too orange, neutral was too pinkish/grey and none of their shades were olive enough for me.

I think Milan, Monave and bare Faced Minerals have great color selections and a lot of yellow undertones in their makeup - I have tried Lumiere but couldn't find my match.

Hello. I am an Asian too. The popular MMU companies in Japan seem,

Joppa (Soft&full),Meow Pumpered puss, and Alima. I tried them all, but personally Meow is the best for me. It is good for dry skin and have many kinds of Yellow undertoned colors&shades.

Originally Posted by silkdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi. I'm from Malaysia and I am looking for exactly what you are looking for! I've tried winged butter and medium beige from EDM, but no match. Now that they have olive shades, I have ordered a sample of golden medium intensive & hoping that it will be THE one for me (like you, I hate mixing!). I'm also currently trying out Signature Minerals which is about the only mmu you can get from within Malaysia. I got the samples last night and 7-Medium Light seems to be the exact shade for me but somehow I couldn't get enough coverage this morning. But I was in a hurry to get to work, so mebbe I should try again when I'm less hassled.. where can you get the signature minerals in malaysia? Please let me know so I can try them when I am there next.

i'm super pale with yellow undertone and lumiere's fairly light golden is a perfect match.

Originally Posted by Leony /img/forum/go_quote.gif I like Joppa and I found my match from their MMU. unfortunately it has a pinkish cast on me... i think im more of yellow... so i have 2 full pots under my stash closet..
other than shades.. you have to consider weather as well.. since i see that you live in states that will be no problem at all.. but just in case you decide to visit your home country and it happens to be a tropical one... some brands are not so humid friendlly

Joppa's #3 shades are wonderful for Asian Skin tones. I am not Asian but my skin tone is very similar (very olive) and they work really well. I also like their simple radiance in Tweed, this is somewhat more of a dewy finish.

Simi - I would try Light #3 or Tweed for you these are the colors that I use and it looks like we may have a similar tone to our skin.

Originally Posted by HannahBananna /img/forum/go_quote.gif Joppa's #3 shades are wonderful for Asian Skin tones. I am not Asian but my skin tone is very similar (very olive) and they work really well. I also like their simple radiance in Tweed, this is somewhat more of a dewy finish.
Simi - I would try Light #3 or Tweed for you these are the colors that I use and it looks like we may have a similar tone to our skin.

thank you because I will do it soon. I'v got the samples yesterday..!!
laughing.gif
but from what I saw in the jar its seems to me dark. but I will try..

I'm Asian (Filipino), and I really like Blusche Minerals. Most of their shades are yellow/beige, and their foundations come in different formulations.

choose the golden lines

the olive undertones looks ashy on my face

and the beige definitely is too red for my skin

I'm Asian...I use Medium Beige from the Buff line at Everyday Minerals. I think my sister uses Golden Medium from the Olive line.

They have a free sample kit where you just pay shipping (around $4 in the US) -- you can choose 3 foundation colors in your sample kit (you also get a blush and concealer choice) so it's not too expensive to test colors with them. They've got a pretty big selection of stuff that's around my color and you can order multiple sample kits if you don't find what you're looking for the first time. They've got an olive, golden, beige, and buff line which seems to cover most asian skin tones

I think Conservatorie's pre-made foundations would do well for Asians - especially the caramel-series. Honey is more orange. conservatorie's foundations contain no ultramarines and have strong yellow undertones. The owner is Asian too.

not a perfect match for me though...

caucasians, remember, you need your ultramarines :S

Back