August 2015 Allure Beauty Box *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the eyeliner a functional mini? I know some awhile back had a little squeezy mechanism that did not work. Hopefully it's the click mini.

Heads up to everyone who has recently cancelled...Allure isn't communicating with BeautyBar when people cancel, so chances are you could get charged and not receive a box.  This month I actually had TWO charges from BeautyBar.  BeautyBar realized the mistake and reversed the one without me having to do anything, but I had to actually call Allure to confirm I had in fact actually cancelled when I thought I did, and then call BeautyBar to get them to reverse it (because for some reason they are still doing the billing for Allure, at least for some customers).  Not the smoothest transition ever.

I only looked briefly but I think it is the squeezy one. And the Nuance creme is labelled anti-aging but the booklet said it's basically a moisturizer. I got the violet nail polish. 

Regarding Beauty Bar and Allure, yeah, that's why I cancelled with Beauty Bar and re-signed up with Allure only to make my life easier and avoid the inevitable train wreck.  

I got my box today and was hoping for the pink nail polish but of course I got the purple/blue, which I will never wear. I will try everything else in this box so I am not too unhappy. 

oh gosh i put the grooming creme in my damp hair after my shower just to see what it would do. My hair is pretty much dry now, and it made my naturally wavy hair look like I'd crimped it with one of those plates that used to come with straighteners on one side, while the other side has pieces that stick out 90 degrees. I'm not sure what it will do to straight hair, but it definitely does what the booklet says, which is "accentuate" waves, I'm just not sure this is the most flattering way to go about it haha. Definitely blow dry or straighten to preferred style rather than leave it be like I did.  

oh gosh i put the grooming creme in my damp hair after my shower just to see what it would do. My hair is pretty much dry now, and it made my naturally wavy hair look like I'd crimped it with one of those plates that used to come with straighteners on one side, while the other side has pieces that stick out 90 degrees. I'm not sure what it will do to straight hair, but it definitely does what the booklet says, which is "accentuate" waves, I'm just not sure this is the most flattering way to go about it haha. Definitely blow dry or straighten to preferred style rather than leave it be like I did.  
This makes me want to try this even more just to see what will happen on my slightly wavy hair.  I usually air dry in the summer because just the thought of running a blow dryer makes me sweat.

Also where is my darn box?  I want my nail polish!  

My box came today. I got the blue nail polish. I think this box is one of the best ones I've got. Maybe the box becoming strictly Allure is really good going forward.

allure august 2015 spoilers.jpg

My box came today. I got the blue nail polish. I think this box is one of the best ones I've got. Maybe the box becoming strictly Allure is really good going forward.

I have to agree, I think the last two boxes have been great, and I know what standard to reasonably expect from them now. Also, gotta hope they keep sending 6 samples. 

Wow, these box companies really don't like me lately. My Allure box just shipped yesterday afternoon.  <_< I better go check my Beautyfix one. It probably got lost in the mail or something...

Wow, these box companies really don't like me lately. My Allure box just shipped yesterday afternoon. 
I usually get my boxes late, including Birchbox but got this one pretty early this time. Hope you get yours soon.

Mine just shipped which kinda makes me sad since I used to get this box right away. BeautyBar says it shipped FedEx ground yet they sent me a USPS tracking number.  Wth?

I just got my box yesterday and I love it!  I had already received the purple polish in my bigger Allure Beauty Thrills box, so I gave it to my niece who was beyond excited to have it.  The other products are great and ones I've been interested in trying for awhile.  I hope that Allure keeps up the positive momentum.

Looking at different sites and blogs...it seems everyone is getting same thing...Atleast they would have changed the shades of the nail polish in different boxes...

But anyways the box is not bad...

Someone on MSA got the pink polish, so I think they are changing it up at least in some cases. Maybe they just had more of the violet on hand for the Thrills box, so more people got that. 

Mine just shipped which kinda makes me sad since I used to get this box right away. BeautyBar says it shipped FedEx ground yet they sent me a USPS tracking number. Wth?
Same with me. I'm guessing you were billed through Beauty Bar and not Conde Nast? I wonder if they send out the boxes to the people who sub through them first then the Beauty Bar people?

Same with me. I'm guessing you were billed through Beauty Bar and not Conde Nast? I wonder if they send out the boxes to the people who sub through them first then the Beauty Bar people?
That's possible. I never did anything with my account. But maybe I should call Allure and get it moved over? Who knows.

I hope i get another color besides the violet/blue. I just got my thrills box and don't want a blue dupe! -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back