Bad Experience At Cosmetic Stores?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Ulta once and I asked to get color matched for a concealer and since I'm 15 the lady acted like I was only there to mess around and waste her time, when I said thank you all she said was "Mmmhm" then she said I should wash my face because I had horrible acne, I was so offended! I wash my face twice a day and she was just utterly rude. That same day I went to the nail polish section and I had 2 workers just walking around me pretending to fix things when really they were just watching me =/

On the bright side, I was once at a Chanel counter and the lady was the nicest sales person I have EVER met, I was just looking at lip glosses and she sat down in a little chair next me and and started talking about makeup and clothes it was the nicest experience I've ever had
smile.gif
I felt bad for not buying anything!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif haha, SEE! they're weird in that store.
Try DJ's - they're much nicer!

Originally Posted by Neeky /img/forum/go_quote.gif OMG I was there yesterday wanting to buy a lipstick.. I had to stare at the assistant to get her attention... the assistant looked like she really didn't want to help me.. couldn't even suggest a right colour for me.. I had to do all the work myself... And the day before I was just looking and I got help right away... But I just wanted her to go away.. haha IT's TRUE!!!

I always go to Myer City jus cuz I have Myer One Card and I thought I could always accumulate points. But they are just horrribbbbllleeee!!!! Everytime I go there, they're always busy even where there's no one!! I wanted to get a few stuff from there once. I chased every one of them until finally 1 was able to help me out. I asked for a lipstick and after I got mine and wanted to check the eyeshadows, she was already GONE!!!

Anyhow, I ended up going to DJ just cuz it's so near and I really need to get all those stuff altogether, went there and THEY ARE SO NICE!! They helped me out. And from then, I always go to DJ even tho I dont get my points, I dont care!!!

Originally Posted by fiercely /img/forum/go_quote.gif I noticed I never quite get help in general. I look really young, so people assume when I'm with one of my friends, I'm like with my babysitter or mother.. I swear! hahaha. im with ya! i look young , so they kind of jjust ignore me like i dont belong in a makeup store. gets on my nerves.
frown.gif

I've had a couple of bad experiences. I guess there is a rule somewhere that says if you don't have on makeup, you should not be buying makeup. I mean these rude chicks were giving me looks like I couldn't buy it because I wasn't wearing any. That was the last time I went in there.

I hate it that bc of all these bad experiences, the good makeup artist get lost in it all
frown.gif

Back