BB creams??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Dr. Jart!  Its expensive, but its amazing.  It covers up everything.  And if you go to sephora and ask for a sample, they will give you a decent amount of the product to try for free!

Originally Posted by tray5335 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love Dr. Jart!  Its expensive, but its amazing.  It covers up everything.  And if you go to sephora and ask for a sample, they will give you a decent amount of the product to try for free!
Yeah, I'm a Dr Jart's fan too!

I use Estee Lauder's BB, and he's gorgeous He makes me the appearance of pores. Blurs and shrinks them and even improves my facial appearance. The most fun he has for a long time and I have made ​​up these natural look and flattering. Highly recommend. Write it suitable for all skin types and I have oily skin and it really suited me. Ensures and sustains. It also has a primer and sunscreen and from radiation from ... Not least important ..... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As a tinted moisturizer/foundation junkie I've tried lots of BB creams; I travel frequently to SE Asia so have been able to purchase and use many of the Korean/Japanese brands (skin 79, Missha, etc). I've also experimented with the new American versions from Boscia, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown etc. Ultimately, I was not impressed, or using, ANY of the BB creams (at least 25 at last count) I had in my possession. As usual, Costco comes through with the best product of it's type: Hydroxatone in Universal shade (seems to be a different formulation from the prior Hydroxatone BB cream selling at Ulta). This stuff is awesome: covers well, makes my skin look better as the day goes on, non-greasy but moisturizing, and has actual, real anti-aging benefits. It comes in a pack of 2 for $48, a steal. I LOVE this stuff, and for me to say that, it means alot.

I have BB Cream from The Face Shop but after using it for weeks, my face became oily. I don't have oily skin, just normal, but my face became oily after using it. =(

I've tried the Garnier BB cream. It doesn't cover very well...-for me. I have redness on my nose and cheeks that I MUST cover up. Any brands that cover better than Garnier? And my nose gets oily throughout the day.

I got my hands on a Boscia BB cream and absolutely love it! The coverage is pretty good at evening my skin tone, although I still dab a small amount of concealer on breakouts. I'm really enjoying that it matches so well with my coloring; has anyone tried it or found something similar in the shade dept? My only minus is the cost, but if I can't find something similar, will gladly pay for such good results lol.

Originally Posted by Milkerton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried the Garnier BB cream. It doesn't cover very well...-for me. I have redness on my nose and cheeks that I MUST cover up. Any brands that  better than Garnier? And my nose gets oily throughout the day.
The Garnier is definitely the greasiest of those I've found, and while I like it enough to finish the tube I have, I will never buy it again. Dr Jart and Skin79 both have better coverage and a better finish than the Garnier!

Avoid the Maybelline if you're after more coverage...it is very, very sheer. I use it on days my skin is almost completely clear and I don't think it's bad for what it is (more a tinted moisturizer than a bb cream) but I also will not be purchasing it again.

I am getting Dr Jarts in my Birchbox this month so I am anxious to try it out. Glad to know a lot of you are enjoying it.

I am getting Dr Jarts in my Birchbox this month so I am anxious to try it out. Glad to know a lot of you are enjoying it.
I think you'll like it. It has a thin consistency and applies well. I just put some on lol..getting ready for work and never got my noon nap in; too busy lurking on MuT today! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love it! It's not too thin or too thick, and it goes on really well. Has a good amount of coverage for me, as well. I've gone through four samples of it and wish I had more. If I weren't currently working my way through the Garnier and Maybelline "bb creams"  I would buy the full size. Actually, I still might, using the last of my BB points.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I love it!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think you'll like it. It has a thin consistency and applies well. I just put some on lol..getting ready for work and never got my noon nap in; too busy lurking on MuT today!
biggrin.gif
I'm so glad I'm not the only midday napper!

Originally Posted by LisaLee11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can always mix your favourite BB cream with a dab of foundation to get a perfect match for your skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love that idea! I need to do that with my Jouer LMT!

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by LisaLee11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can always mix your favourite BB cream with a dab of foundation to get a perfect match for your skin :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I love that idea! I need to do that with my Jouer LMT!

I've done that in the past and one of the nice things about it is that it helps prolong the foundation.

I like Skin 79 and they have a nice chart to help people figure out which of their BB creams is best.

I've tried the Garnier BB cream. It doesn't cover very well...-for me. I have redness on my nose and cheeks that I MUST cover up. Any brands that cover better than Garnier? And my nose gets oily throughout the day.
I have been using L'oreal Youth Code BB Cream and I really like the results. I compared the coverage of the maybeline, garnier & the other L'oreal bb Creme and the youth code work better. I've also compared it to smashbox & boscia and still like the youth code better. I want to try the Skin79 or Missha one. I ordered samples of two different BRTC BB cremes and one other Korean BB Creme. I'm really anxious to try them out.

Back