BB creams??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I haven't tried many BB creams/ Tinted moisturizers, but I just found my HG. I've tried the Jouer samples from my sub boxes, Maybelline dream, and L'oreal youth code...last week I got a wild hair to spend my 300 BB points with a 20% off code and grabbed the Boscia bb cream from the Birchbox shop on a whim (total .40 cents). It arrived yesterday so I gave it a shot, well it's perfect. Perfect color, perfect coverage, perfect wear...I only wore some Lush Grease Lightening mattifying gel underneath, and some powder on top. I have oily skin and this one is the best cream I've tried so far. Crazy Happy! 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I haven't tried many BB creams/ Tinted moisturizers, but I just found my HG. I've tried the Jouer samples from my sub boxes, Maybelline dream, and L'oreal youth code...last week I got a wild hair to spend my 300 BB points with a 20% off code and grabbed the Boscia bb cream from the Birchbox shop on a whim (total .40 cents). It arrived yesterday so I gave it a shot, well it's perfect. Perfect color, perfect coverage, perfect wear...I only wore some Lush Grease Lightening mattifying gel underneath, and some powder on top. I have oily skin and this one is the best cream I've tried so far. Crazy Happy! 
icon_lol.gif
I loved the Boscia BB cream best out of all the ones I've tried..then probably the Gold label Dr. Jart and then Wei CC cream. Nice!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like Skin 79 and they have a nice chart to help people figure out which of their BB creams is best.
I have three of the Skin 79's and really they all look the same on me. I haven't tried the new orange one yet. I love them all equally!

I didn't like Dr. Jart at all.  It didn't seem to dry on me, oddly.  I waited about 7 minutes and my face was still WET.  Which is pretty strange.  But a few days after I tried the BB sample of Dr. Jart, my order of Skin79 pink came in.  LOVE!  Great coverage, and I have rosacea that drives me nuts trying to cover.  This works well - sometimes I set with a little mineral powder, sometimes just setting powder.

Part of me wants to try a different one next time, but another part says why in the world would I do that when this one is so cheap and works so well for me?

Which ones do you have?
 I have VIP Gold Collection, The Oriental, and  Super Plus (the hot pink one). The Oriental has a different dispensing system and includes a tinted cream for cheeks & lips with a small mirror. The other two are standard pumps. 

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't like Dr. Jart at all. 
I agree with you re: Dr. Jart. I have Missha and Skin 79. Both are far better. I tried Dr. Jart twice. It's a GOOD product, it's just that I've used better. 

If anyone wants to try Skin79 cheap, Amazon has a nice sample pack for only $2.99 plus shipping. There are other sample packs on Amazon as well, look around. 

http://www.amazon.com/SKIN79-Cream-Samples-Set-10ea/dp/B007NUHHC4

Another link:

http://www.amazon.com/Skin79-Cream-Miniature-Mini-Black/dp/B002HPBF32

The above is not a referral link for commissions. It's a link to the direct product sold at Amazon.com. I don't sell BB cream. I buy it. 

I use Missha BB creams currently, and I have liked them a lot. I got a two pack of the Perfect Cover and M Signature Real. Between the two I prefer Perfect Cover as it goes on better, less oily, and doesn't have an annoying bottle. I will give M Signature Real another shot once it gets colder out as it is allegedly more moisturizing. I also grabbed a travel size of the Cho Bo Yang for my summer traveling, but it felt very heavy/balled up compared to Perfect Cover. Still on the fence on BB Boomer. I don't think the other products need a 'primer' and it kind of defeats of the purpose of using less products, but it does add a little more dimension after application to combat the 'flatness' factor (and I got it for free so I can't be too mad haha!). 

For me, the trick is to not use too much at a time so it's a nice, thin, even coverage. I think where people get frustrated with BB creams is when they are expecting full-on coverage. I use it for evening skin-tone and minor blemishes, so it's perfect for my specific needs. 

One nice thing with Missha is that they offer a decent variety of shades, which most BBs don't. Perfect Color has 5 shades, for example.

Originally Posted by corvettekrista /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which ones do you have?
 I have VIP Gold Collection, The Oriental, and  Super Plus (the hot pink one). The Oriental has a different dispensing system and includes a tinted cream for cheeks & lips with a small mirror. The other two are standard pumps. 

I love the VIP Gold but Uwajimaya was sold out so I ended up buying Total Absolute this time around (have yet to use it because I misplaced it). I've tried the Super Plus but if I could get VIP Gold again I would since it's nice.

I love the VIP Gold but Uwajimaya was sold out 
I had to figure out what Uwajimaya was. You are so lucky to live near a store like that! I'm so JEALOUS!

I love the VIP Gold but Uwajimaya was sold out so I ended up buying Total Absolute this time around (have yet to use it because I misplaced it). I've tried the Super Plus but if I could get VIP Gold again I would since it's nice.
They sell BB creams?!?!

It's my favorite store and I shop there when ever I'm in Seattle. They don't sell all of Skin79's BB cream but they do carry a few from the line along with Dr. Jart (not the Western version).

It's my favorite store and I shop there when ever I'm in Seattle. They don't sell all of Skin79's BB cream but they do carry a few from the line along with Dr. Jart (not the Western version).
They sell Dr. Jart? Didn't know that! I wonder if I could get the premium gold one there.. I should try skin79, keep hearing good things and it's cheaper than my current faves. I saw a YouTube video and the guru was discussing that Sleek just released a line of BB creams and one is for women of color! There was a nice swatch and runs pretty affordable. But... Is Sleek sold in the US?

Sleek is not. Some of their products can be shipped to the US not the Acid palette though.

The BB creams are in the glass case next to the beauty register. I want to say they had a couple of other lines there but I don't recall what those were since I was so focused on getting the VIP Gold (which they were of course sold out of).

I've been using BB creams for over a year and a half now... they've replaced concealers and foundations for me. I definitely suggest using them! I've used a lot of different brands (mostly Asian companies) including Skin79, BRTC, Missha, Lioele, Skin Food, Dr. Jart, The Face Shop, Etude House, Baviphat, and Innisfree. My favorites are the BRTC BB Creams, Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, Skin79 Super Plus BB Cream, and Lioele Triple Solution BB Cream! The Dr. Jart BB Cream that Birchbox sent out is really nice as well! I use different BB creams depending on the coverage or hydration I want. I also tend to use different ones at different times of the year (again for different hydration as well as different shades).

Tried BB creams from 3 brands...

Dr Jart black label - This is quite thick imho, good for those who need coverage, but personally I find this a bit too thick for my liking.

Estee Lauder - Good for oil control, coverage more towards sheer

MAC - Moisturisng, sheer coverage,easy to blend and helps to brighten my sallow skin. This is my favourite out of the three BB creams that I have tried.

Is there something that can make bb creams last longer?  I'm using the Skin79 Pink, and it wears off after 6 hours or so.  I know Misha has a BB Boomer that's like a primer for bbs - anyone know if it's any good?  Are there other bb primers?  I don't want to use a regular primer, because it seems like it would defeat the purpose of switching to bb cream.

Originally Posted by sachi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have BB Cream from The Face Shop but after using it for weeks, my face became oily. I don't have oily skin, just normal, but my face became oily after using it. =(
Sounds terrible. Is your skin back to normal now?

Back