Beauty Army September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2593-0057-0001-150x150.jpg

These are my picks for this month! So glad i got the Macadamia, Nailtiques, and the Lash thing all together :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I love trying out new primers so I chose those plus I wanted to smell that perfume. Can't wait until I get my box

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You won't get to make your October picks until your selection window opens, which happens each month on the day you made your first selection. So if you just picked these items, you won't get to pick again until October 26th.
Oh that sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Didn't know that...by the end of the month all the good samples will be gone.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh that sucks :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Didn't know that...by the end of the month all the good samples will be gone.
Not necessarily. I've had better selections in my account that selects on the 18th than the one I have on the 1st. It all depends on the month and when they restock. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not necessarily. I've had better selections in my account that selects on the 18th than the one I have on the 1st. It all depends on the month and when they restock. 
Thanks that gives me hope....I may sign up for a second account and see how I like the sample selection at the end of the month or at the beginning. 

This will help me decide if I want to cancel Birchbox or not. 

Don't know if you guys know but for you all that live far from family and, friends. If you have 2 accounts and have someones birthday coming up this is a nice way to send a gift without having to worry about it going to the wrong address. I have 2 accounts and when a friends birthday or my familes birthday comes up i just change the address  in my profile to theirs and have them get 3 or 4 months from beauty army. Much cheaper than buying something and having it shipped there(my family lives in Hawaii and alaska) so shipping is always expensive this is a cheaper route for me and may work for you all as well.

Originally Posted by spackles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't know if you guys know but for you all that live far from family and, friends. If you have 2 accounts and have someones birthday coming up this is a nice way to send a gift without having to worry about it going to the wrong address. I have 2 accounts and when a friends birthday or my familes birthday comes up i just change the address  in my profile to theirs and have them get 3 or 4 months from beauty army. Much cheaper than buying something and having it shipped there(my family lives in Hawaii and alaska) so shipping is always expensive this is a cheaper route for me and may work for you all as well.
That's a great idea... Of course, lucky me, my whole family lives in Europe, so I can't really do that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And shipping costs are just so expensive If you want to send anything there!

Originally Posted by spackles /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this is amazing! My best friend goes to school two hours from me and her birthday just passed. I considered getting her a 3 month Birchbox sub but I've been less than impressed with birchbox lately and didn't want to spend $30 on something that I wasn't sure about. I just made a second account on beauty army, picked out some great samples (true blood mineral primer, aphrodite powder, macadamia hair oil, bath and body works gel, BB cream, and nailtiques) Shes been jealous of my beauty subs for months and I think shes going to loveee it

How do you make a second account? Don't you need to use your real name, address, that matches your credit card billing?

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you make a second account? Don't you need to use your real name, address, that matches your credit card billing?
yes but I just used a different email :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah i used 2 diffrent email addresses. And if you are trying to buy one for someone else i just put their name in the profile section. The billing area has my real name and credit card info.

Got my first box yesterday. It comes beautifully packaged.  : )

My daughter and I like the Ineke Hothouse Flower perfume. And what a cute sample. The typical little vials are never my favorite because I tend to spill a little out on my fingers when opening. This one in it's mini slide-out box and mini sprayer is great. My daughter wants to get a big bottle, but wow, it's definitely a high quality perfume($)! Maybe I'll put it on her Christimas wish list. I need to make a trade list here like I see some of you have because it'd be great to be able to trade for some more samples of this. I wish Beauty Army would let you pick whatever six samples you wanted, even doubles or more of the same item. Oh well. I will go find things for my trade list and cross my fingers.

My daughter also got the Sukiface Exfoliating Cleanser. She gets oily skin and white heads. She used this cleaners last night and loved it. Her skin looked really nice. So now she is also wanting to get a large full size of this. I do think this would be worth it, since it would last a while. You only need to use it a few times a week. This also has a nice light scent, almost a bit citrus-y.

I smelled the Twighlight body wash. I like it. I didn't use it in the shower yet though. It's a nice size sample though, which is appreciated.

Macadamia Hair Oil, my daughter picked this one. She hates when her hair gets frizzy. She used some yesterday and her hair did look nice to me. But she said it was hard to apply, to get it all over her hair rather than just some areas looking too greasy. She probably just needs to practice a bit more with it. She loves the smell of it.

I picked the Kellet Moisturizing Gel. I have photosensitivity and other health problems and when I get sick I sometimes get red, inflammed bumps on my skin. So I am saving this to try for next time that happens.

And lastly, I picked the Ruddy Water Blushed Fragrance Pouch. I just wiped it a bit on my wrists and am waiting to see how it smells on me. At first smell, it's not my favorite. It's a warm scent, nice, but not something I'd buy. But who knows, maybe as it sets on my skin it will change a bit.

This was a nice set of samples.

I signed up for the deal where you do this monthly, and get charged monthly, not the one-time payment for a year. Will it charge me monthly, even on a month where I don't select any samples? Do they just pick for you and send you something? Or do you get to skip months?

I signed up for the deal where you do this monthly, and get charged monthly, not the one-time payment for a year. Will it charge me monthly, even on a month where I don't select any samples? Do they just pick for you and send you something? Or do you get to skip months?
You're allowed to skip months now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You could also cancel anytime and start back up whenever you want to

If you don't go in and skip the month you will be charged and they will choose for you so make sure to skip it on the site if you wish to do so.

Thanks for the info you guys. Where on the website do you pick the option to skip? Can you do your profile first to see what samples they have, and then decide to skip if you want?

I was thinking of doing a second account, but if skipping a month is hard, I might not.

I noticed on youtube when some people get their boxes, some had 2-3 shower gels in them. My daughter and I really like those, but when I keep re-doing the profile, it always only comes up with just one shower gel sample as an option. Is there anything you've noticed that if you put in your profile it offers you more than one scent of shower gels?

I tried doing just fragrance and body for that page of the profile, and it still only gives one shower gel in my final 9 options of samples. Any ideas how to get more to come up?

Thanks for the info you guys. Where on the website do you pick the option to skip? Can you do your profile first to see what samples they have, and then decide to skip if you want?

I was thinking of doing a second account, but if skipping a month is hard, I might not.
Just go log in, click change profile and you will see the info about your subscription you can skip it there.

I noticed on youtube when some people get their boxes, some had 2-3 shower gels in them. My daughter and I really like those, but when I keep re-doing the profile, it always only comes up with just one shower gel sample as an option. Is there anything you've noticed that if you put in your profile it offers you more than one scent of shower gels?

I tried doing just fragrance and body for that page of the profile, and it still only gives one shower gel in my final 9 options of samples. Any ideas how to get more to come up?
Try it as late in the day as possible, that's when most other products are picked and only the shower gels are leftovers (sad panda)

I did that once and I got to pick 3 shower gels...I think it's ok for $2 each shower gel+no tax+free shipping to your door, but you can always get those for $1 during BBW semi-annual sale.

Back