Beauty Army - what's in your January box?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by allthingsaimee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I think you're right about them sending it out in waves just so they have less of a chance of screwing something up and losing hundreds of subscribers before the next wave of products roll in.  The shipping is supposedly "First Class", but my box has been stuck in Nevada for the past 48 hours according to the tracking info.  Not sure if it's really still there or the tracking just stinks and it's closer than I think.  

Did yours ever make it to you?!?! I hope it ended up being closer than you thought :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my shipping notice yesterday, but didn't see it until today and it says that the electronic shipping info was received in Ontario, Canada. I don't know how I didn't notice before now that it would be coming from canada, but now I feel like I'm getting an even better deal b/c $12 still includes shipping, even though it's coming from a different country, and I'm excited about every single product coming to me!

LOL Well you weren't the only one. LOL Like I said before I thought the same thing. Just remember Ontario is a province to them like California is a state to us.

I have been very happy with Beauty Army so far! When I ran into a canceled credit card problem (let's give a hand to the fraudsters at GoGo Girlfriend, thanks for messing up my bank account!) the girls at Beauty Army were really nice about getting alternate payment through when I ran into problems updating my replacement card. I chose the Shea Terra Rose Hips Black Soap, Strivectin Get Even Brightening Serum, Control Corrective face cream, Cell Ceuticals Micro-resurfacing skin treatment, Larocca pumpkin body scrub (smells way nicer than it sounds!) and Blingtone eyeshadow in Sp"ice"y. I love my samples, but hope to see more makeup in future kits. Everything I received is nicely sized and works well on my skin. The shadow is, well, "blingy." while the base shade is a nice brown--I tend to go neutral with eyes--there is some serious glitter factor. I'll end up only wearing this when I go out in the evening, because while very pretty it's just too sparkly for work. After my nightmare with GGG I find the service at Beauty Army wonderfully refreshing and it restores my faith in these kinds of subscription services. I absolutely love them!

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 The shadow is, well, "blingy." while the base shade is a nice brown--I tend to go neutral with eyes--there is some serious glitter factor. I'll end up only wearing this when I go out in the evening, because while very pretty it's just too sparkly for work.
Try it as a liner. Since it's a cream shadow you'll need a liner brush of some sort and simply use it as you would a gel liner.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol thanks for clarifying Zadidoll! I was confused as to why it was coming from Canada.

I asked them about this on over twitter where EVERYONE could see it, needless to say I felt silly after the response I got! LOL

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Try it as a liner. Since it's a cream shadow you'll need a liner brush of some sort and simply use it as you would a gel liner.

You always have great work around ideas!  Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I asked them about this on over twitter where EVERYONE could see it, needless to say I felt silly after the response I got! LOL
Don't feel silly! Seriously I thought Canada as well when I first saw it. Really, who would have realized (outside of those living there) that there is an Ontario California? LOL It kind of like Paris. If I say Paris you're going to think France not Paris, California.

Bahahahaha Zadi OMG I feel like a moron. But as I was ranting to my husband about how insane it was that my package went from Ontario to Nevada to Indiana (which is right below the canadian ontario) just to come down to Georgia he busted out laughing and said that there was an Ontario, California. He was like did it say CA or CN? I'm just glad to know I wasn't alone in this! hahaha 

Anyways, yesterday my kit made it to Tennessee so I'm hoping it'll arrive tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just hope someone's here to get it out of the mailbox for me bc it'll be torture knowing it's in the mailbox. and since I'm on bed rest I can't just walk out to get it!

My kit is apparently in Indiana, and I'm all the way in Maryland so I feel like it could be until Thursday or so before I get it. The suspense is killing me! 

Mine took a scenic route. From California to Indiana to New Jersey to Pennsylvania to New York! I hope yours prefers a more direect route.

Lol hopefully they don't send it all around like that, the anticipation is killing me! I guess I'll have to wait and see. 

My January box is finally here!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! LOVE IT!

I'm not too sure about the booboo cover up (LOL) it's so tiny! But I absolutely love the eye shadow!! 'sp"icy"y' Love it!

And truth be told, I think I am just as excited to get another actual box! I love their boxes! They have got to be the best ones yet for reusing!

ENJOY YOUR ROSE HIPS BLACK SOAP FACIAL STUFF :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That was my favorite thing. That bling tone color is so pretty! I wear a very similar color almost every day, but I want that one because I love my other bling tone so much. 

I wanted that too!!! iv heard alot of great things

ENJOY YOUR ROSE HIPS BLACK SOAP FACIAL STUFF :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That was my favorite thing. That bling tone color is so pretty! I wear a very similar color almost every day, but I want that one because I love my other bling tone so much. 

I PLAN ON IT!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I can't wait till I have to wash my face tonight LOL

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanted that too!!! iv heard alot of great things
Playedinloops has been raving about it so now I am all excited to try it.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just make sure you use it as a mask otherwise my craziness about it will lead to your disappointment lol. 

Apparently, black soap was on the dr. oz show the other day because my mom sent me an email telling me I had to try it. So I told her I've been using this stuff and she is excited now too. I also signed her up for beauty army ahha. 

What I really like about BA is the size of the samples! They have pretty much all been very nice sizes

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What I really like about BA is the size of the samples! They have pretty much all been very nice sizes
The only sample that has had me 
icon_scratch.gif
 was the BooBoo cover up. It was a TEENY TINY package with an even TEENIER amount of product inside.

Back