Benefit's Some Kind-A Gorgeous

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one of the benefit's sales girls tried this on me a few days ago, and I totally fell in love with it. and before that I had sworn not to wear foundation but low and behold, I found this and it balances out your faces (takes away alot of red from my face and cheeks) and makes my face look great! I wear my mac natural looking msf power over it as a finisher and it ends up looking great.

I also saw this at sephora and thought the packaging was cute but thats about it, but seriously this stuff is great. I use them with the mac 191 or 190 brush.

Originally Posted by bebs /img/forum/go_quote.gif one of the benefit's sales girls tried this on me a few days ago, and I totally fell in love with it. and before that I had sworn not to wear foundation but low and behold, I found this and it balances out your faces (takes away alot of red from my face and cheeks) and makes my face look great! I wear my mac natural looking msf power over it as a finisher and it ends up looking great.
I also saw this at sephora and thought the packaging was cute but thats about it, but seriously this stuff is great. I use them with the mac 191 or 190 brush.

cool!
smile.gif
thanks for your review!

I went out with the intention of buying this but they don't sell it where I live so I bought the 'Dr Feelgood' instead coz it sounded like a similar product and has some great reviews. Big Mistake, it didn't work at all total waste of money. Maybe I just didn't apply it right though. Sorry to hijack your thread Jennifer but do you know if Dr Feelgood is a simialr product or is it completely different??

I would have started a new thread but I thought it was more appropriate to post here, hope you don't mind!

Originally Posted by laura112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went out with the intention of buying this but they don't sell it where I live so I bought the 'Dr Feelgood' instead coz it sounded like a similar product and has some great reviews. Big Mistake, it didn't work at all total waste of money. Maybe I just didn't apply it right though. Sorry to hijack your thread Jennifer but do you know if Dr Feelgood is a simialr product or is it completely different??
I would have started a new thread but I thought it was more appropriate to post here, hope you don't mind!

it's okay!
smile.gif
definitely not the same!!! dr feelgood sucks.

Originally Posted by laura112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I went out with the intention of buying this but they don't sell it where I live so I bought the 'Dr Feelgood' instead coz it sounded like a similar product and has some great reviews. Big Mistake, it didn't work at all total waste of money. Maybe I just didn't apply it right though. Sorry to hijack your thread Jennifer but do you know if Dr Feelgood is a simialr product or is it completely different??

Dr. feelgood is a primer. i have it and it sucks./ LOL

I saw the some kind-a gorgeous at sephora the other day but it had too much red for my skin so I didnt buy it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif idr feelgood sucks. Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dr. feelgood is a primer. i have it and it sucks./ LOL I totally agree!

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dr. feelgood is a primer. i have it and it sucks./ LOL
I saw the some kind-a gorgeous at sephora the other day but it had too much red for my skin so I didnt buy it.

too much red? did you try it on? it goes on translucent!

I agree, Dr. Feelgood is complete rubbish. This some kinda gorgeous sounds just that, gorge, I neeeeed it

Originally Posted by Jennifer /img/forum/go_quote.gif too much red? did you try it on? it goes on translucent! I tried it on my hand.... I thought it did have some color Jen.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I tried it on my hand.... I thought it did have some color Jen. when you blend it in, the color goes away
smile.gif

Firstly, I am sorry if I have put this in the wrong place, searched for info and couldnt find any.

Im a little cheesed off. I now live in Turkey after emigrating from the UK. I have visited the UK this christmas mainly to stock up on products. I really wanted to try Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous.

I was told at the counter, "sorry this is out of stock, typical of this company, you cant get it anywhere in the country nor on line"

That was it!

I firstly havent even tried it, have you? Is it any good.

Secondly I have written a mail to Benefit saying how disappointed I am and that now I will have to pay for the shipping to turkey if I order it on line.

Your comments please girls and guys

Lorraine

x

It's still available online at sephora.com, so if you're still in the UK you could call and see if they have one.

Jennifer started a thread on this, with a review and everything. This stuff is wonderful. If you do a search of the thread, I'm sure it'll come up.

I tried this with a free sample try and I like it because it doesn't seem to go on too thick and takes away the red.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Dr. feelgood is a primer. i have it and it sucks./ LOL

i will remember that

thanks

I took 2 of my younger cousins on a Christmas shopping spree to Sephora, and one of them got this. It looks really nice on her, and I tried it when it first came out and liked it, but I felt like it was a tad expensive. I'll probably end up buying it eventually.

so there is only one shade, how does it work for all?

sounds like another gimmicky Benefit product......

Originally Posted by koalababy /img/forum/go_quote.gif so there is only one shade, how does it work for all?sounds like another gimmicky Benefit product......

it's translucent!

I received this in a nice sample compact as part of the 8 piece Cirque sample giveway that Sephora had. I finally tried it on today and I purposely only applied it to half of my face since I didn't expect it to do anything.

First the texture appears a little moist (oily) but once it is applied it is matte. As I applied it with a sponge I thought how can this match my skin. Then I just kind of smiled and thought this will be another product that does not work for me.

Surprise. I looked at myself and I was very surprised. One of my major issues with my skin is the redness in my cheeks and then my large pores. Well the redness is no longer apparent on the side where I applied this. My skin looks more even but it looks like I'm not wearing anything. I have to try it with my MMU but so far I am very impressed.

Marilyn

Back