Best and worse skincare line/products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worst: Neutrogena, Clean & Clear

Best: Avene, NeoStrata, Studio Gear, Vichy

Best: Biotherm, Dermalogica, some Prescriptives, Dove, & Oil of Olay products.

Worst: Philosophy (irritated my skin *so* badly!!), Biore, Noxema.

Speaking of worst and best skin products, i came across this makeup TestTube, by the way i have seen different make up kits, but this one really caught my attention. This product had everything i needed for my skin. It was worth checking it out. I found this sampling TestTube in New Beauty Magazine "newbeauty.com", which i my favorite magazine. One of the products that i thought was amazing in the tube was Babor HSR Lifting Cream (made me feel 10 years younger ), the cream made my skin looking firmer and fresher. You must give it a shot, and try it out. I wouldn’t be posting this message if it wasn’t true.

Best skincare products... Anything of Neutrogena. Although my personal fav is the multi vitamin lotion. That works very good. Also Tea tree oil stick spot treating is very good.

Worst products: Proactive... blah messed up my face and is too harsh. It might have been the bp.

Worst: Clarins Eye BALM for dry skin. Only cream which coused allergic reaction for my eyes. Ended up in dermatologist office.

Best: Hand creams from BurtsandBees. Natural, great smell, very moisturising.

I think everyone is referring to the Clinique 3 Step system which has been around for years, soap (never recommended) drying toner, and greasy moisturizer. Some of their new products are really advanced. I'm an esthetician and really do love Dermalogica products, though some of the herbs can be sensitizing. I personally use Paula's choice products (wrote those Don't go the the Cosmetics Counter without me) books. They are fragrance and color free as well as being advanced products and can be found at cosmeticscop.com

Originally Posted by amandabella /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think everyone is referring to the Clinique 3 Step system which has been around for years, soap (never recommended) drying toner, and greasy moisturizer. Some of their new products are really advanced. I'm an esthetician and really do love Dermalogica products, though some of the herbs can be sensitizing. I personally use Paula's choice products (wrote those Don't go the the Cosmetics Counter without me) books. They are fragrance and color free as well as being advanced products and can be found at cosmeticscop.com Hi,
I also love Dermalogica products (I'm also an esty). I use them in the warmer months as they're lighter in texture that Repechage (my winter product line).

My worst product list is St. Ives Apricot Scrub (the crushed nutshells are not good for your skin as they're abrasive); any toner containing SD alcohol (dries the daylights out of your skin).

Good: Carley's Clear & Smooth Scrub 2%BP, Soap, Daytime Lotion, Night Moisturizer. GReat product line for ACNE and somewhat all natural makes my skin feel good (it's a HIT or Miss with this some people see fantastic results while others have a bad reaction or just get their ACNE worse and worse) What's good is they offer money back guarantee shipping costs included!!! Can be found on Ebay!

Queen Helene Juliep Mint MAsque: Works like a charm, Makes my face actually feel nice supple and smooth afterwards, Somewhat helps on ACNE issues. CHEAP CHEAP highly affordable and love the ingredients !!

Most of the drugstore brands Olay, nivea etc all are terrible on my skin, Clarins was horrible, clinique was okay for a few weeks then my skin started reacting to it and i don't like that you are supposed to use the 3 step system and then ahve to add loads of other moisturisers etc.

My HG skincare products quite surprisingly are AVON. I tried the solutions hydrofirming when it was on special offer and have never looked back. My skin looks and feels great, no red blotches, no dry flakey patches and no oilys or breakouts, and it's cheap too meaning i can spend more on my makeup

I actually like Clinique's 3 Step System but that just might be me. It's the only thing that has been clearing my face up lately. I haven't had any problems with dry skin. I used it a few years ago and it was very harsh, and I went to something else. I decided to try it again on a whim and was very suprised to see that it helped with my skin.

Best: Murad, Dermalogica (too expensive for me right now- thats why I am using Clinique), BioTherm

Worst:proActiv, Arbonne Acne Advantage, Mary Kay

Best: Cle de Peau from Shiseido is best for me upto now

Worst: Clinique - I just like this brand's brush clenser item only. All the rest I have try is just so so...

Best: Shu Uemura

Worst: Anything with Glycolic Acid and The Mint Julep Mask *shudders*

Best: oil cleansing method, followed by witch hazel toner

Worst: everything i tried, especially proactiv

(nivea, loreal pure zone, phisoderm, garnier pure, etc)

Back