Best and worse skincare line/products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird I use clinques antibacterial bar soap,foaming face cleanser, moisturizer, and spot treatment..they work for me.

I must say they never dramatically changed my face

But neutrogenas moisturizer may be the cause of my breakouts

I've always loved st.ives face and body scrubs, and clinque

Worst: Mario Badescu. Irritation central!
sleepyhead.gif
sleepyhead.gif

best : physio gel cream , La Roche Posey Anthelios sun screen

Worst : Lancome Primordial all in these set

The best skin care I've tried is Clinical Basics skin care. It has really made a difference in my skin...less breakout and evened out skin tone. It is gentle and very few products are needed. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin.

Worst:

Arbonne - I kept hearing that the breakout period was typical and would end after a couple of weeks. I ended up getting the first acne scars of my life and I'm 40!

Clinique

Best - Cetaphil for oily skin wash

Ponds exfoliating washcloths

Aquaphor

All time Clinique, hate their entire skincare line except of the Mild Clarifying Lotion!

My Fave skin care lines are Mario Badescu & La Roche Posay!

Hated It: Clinique, Aveda, Mary Kay Timewise

OK in a pinch: Mary Kay Velocity, phisoderm, Cetaphil

Love: Fanie White Oak facial Cleanser, Royal Aloe White Oak facial Cleanser

Dying to try: Peter Thomas Roth anti-aging cleansing gel

I have combination skin with sever acne if I use the wrong cleansers. Even the right ones have a 3 -4 month time limit before my skin gets too used to them. I have to switch for awhile then switch back.

I use clarins and I love how soft it makes my skin - I've never tried another product that causes my skin to feel so soft and smooth.

I think the formula is quite rich so maybe if you're prone to breakouts it's not for you. I use the multiactive day and night creams, which is aimed at younger women, so it's not as rich as the other lines they offer.

I don't have a line that I really really hate (as yet!
smile.gif
)

I think a lot of people are skin-typed wrong for Clinique and end up getting something totally wrong for their skin. There is something about the combination of the three skin products together that really makes them harsh. I think Noxema is also quite harsh and really makes your skin overcompensate by producing more oil : (

I use Pevonia. I have extremely oily skin and get breakouts all the time. I have tried many different things but I never saw a change. My cousin started using Proactiv and said it worked great but she has different skin than I do. I got Pevonia not too long ago and I have seen a major difference. Its not totally clear yet but its getting there
wink.gif

i havent had problems with clinique although I only use the facial cleanser and the mosterizer i stay away from their astrigent towner thing

watever i have tried was worst for me and i say never ever buy loreal and garnier products, i use nivea as its available here in its full range, but not fully satisfied, from long want to try oil of olay but its not available here

Originally Posted by maiho /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm not sure if this has been asked, but i'm curious of what is everyone's favorite and least favorite skincare line or products you have used. here's mine:
Worst ever ahhhhh:

clinique's 3 step skincare... i cant believe its still in stores. shouldnt they ban this by now.

Some estee lauder products

Aura Science sold at vs. (at first i thought i liked it till it dried out my skin terribly)

Clean & Clear

St. Ive's

don't really have favorites but these work ok for me:

Aveda's all sensitive line

Neutrogena deep clean

Cetaphil cleanser (so gentle)

Sucks cuz all products irritaate me. I hate my sensitive skin.

i really like clean and clear though. it works pretty well for me.maybe it depends on the skin type

My worst...well I never had a regimen until I started direct sales...I was using soap and water....I know terrible.

Beauticontrol skincare is superb! All spa quality.I use the Platinum line,it has made such a difference for me.The price is good too,a whole set for $68 rather than some of the department store prices i've seen.

best...mario badescu enzyme cleanser- its gentle yet effective.

neutrogena oil free moisturizer for sensitive skin spf15- very light and gentle, doesn't clog the pores.

duac gel for spot treatment

mario badescu soothing and healing mask- super moisturizing and calming like the name says.

worst...proactiv- very irritating to my skin

noxzema

biore cleansers

strangely mario badescu toner...the gylcolic one- it was really irritating

lush moisturizers...the oils break me out.

The worst for me has been probably Dove...the sensitive skin lotion gave me tons of clogged pores.

The best so far have been Neutrogena's Acne Stress line and Cetaphil Cream, but I'm still having skin problems so the search continues!

Back