Best and worse skincare line/products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi EVERYONE!

Did you know that MEDICAL RESEARCH shows that 60% or MORE of what is applied to the skin WILL ENTER the bloodstream? In other words, what you put ON your skin will end up IN it!

Really, there's TWO important questions you should be asking, "What's In my skincare?" and Is it HARMFUL or HELPFUL?" If you guys knew what was in the skin care that alot of people use, you probably wouldn't BELIEVE the type of ingredients that they put in it! And these ingredients are in ALL of the most popular skin care brands that have been mentioned and alot that haven't been mentioned. As much as you pay for these brands, you would think that they are safe for your skin, right? THINK AGAIN.

If someone told you the ingredients in your FAVORITE skin care products are HAZARDOUS to you long-term health, would you want to continue using them?

See if ANY of these ingredients are in YOUR personal skin care:

SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE and SODIUM SULFATE, may contain (which means "DOES" contain) harmful imputities or form toxic breakdown that can (which means "WILL") lead to cancer. These tow are also "penetration enhancers" which means they ALTER skin structure to allow chemicals to penetrate deeper into the skin and bloodstream.

PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYL, ACETATE, and PETROLATUM are just a few more (There are MANY MANY MANY More!). These five are "skin sensitizers" which means they cause rashes, immune system reactions, hives, burning scaling and blistering.
sleepyhead.gif
NICE, huh?

I just found out about a NEW ANTI-AGING Skin Care System that's so natural and it's made from PURE WATER that I can't help but to tell EVERYONE about it! I put the page link in my profile, I think you can view it under my name.

Anyway, I'm calling this skin care the SECRET to beautiful, chemical-free hydrated skin because it works for ALL skin types and you probably won't hear about it unless someone tells you because it's only word-of-mouth.

OK, I guess that the URL is not posted. I don't know how this works.

Anyway, the place I went to get information on this NEW Skin Care System is PUREWATER.PAGE.TL.

Loathe Clearasil!!! That mess almost burned my skin off!

My fave is Noxema, Suave, and Dove

Actually despite all your bad comments about Clinique...Clinique actually IMPROVED my skin!! I had pimples on my face and had tried EVERYTHING...finally i decided to try the Clinique 7 day scrub and from then on my face got better and better. Personally I hate the dramatically different moisturizing lotion and gel..they are not worth paying $25 for..however i really do like their scrub and i was using their Clarifying Lotion for skin type 3. I seriously don't see why this didn't work for people, if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the higher end brand i would go for this, except skip the soap and the lotion, go with a scrub, clarifying lotion and an alternative moisturizer like moisture surge or superdefense and i'm sure you'll be happy
smile.gif

RoC moisturizer! i dont like it at all! It brought me out in loads of spots
frown.gif
i can get one or two now n then but this gave me a face full! I've stopped usuing it and they are going

For me, the worst have been Lush skincare. Very irritating to my skin, with the exception of the Tea Tree Water toner which actually proved to be quite beneficial to my skin. The moisturisers contains many irritating plant oils and pore clogging ingredients. Also, they go bad VERY quickly (I had a Celestial go bad in less than a month(!) and it wasn't even stored in the bathroom!!!). The cleansers are either 1.) soaps, which are too drying for my face or 2.) not made to remove make up (with the exception of Ultrabland - which main ingredient is peanut oil, which I'm deathly allergic to). I've tried to love Lush skincare, but I just can't!
scared.gif

Like so many others, I also dislike Clinique's three step system. The soap and toner is drying, and the moisturiser is so oily. I've tried some other skin care items from Clinique though, and they haven't been that bad (although not great for my skin, either).

My favourite skin care line is Boscia! It works so well for me! Another favourite is Kanebo (although that one's a bit too expensive in the long run). I've also had some luck with Avon skincare, which I use when money is tight.

I´ve tried so much bad products i can´t name one that´s the worst...

But my BEST! I looooove MD Formulations. I started with their Adult anti-blemish kit 7-8 months ago and now I can´t live without it... I´ve made some changes from the kit(like a heavier moisturizer) because I´m really dry . I meen, i WAS really dry, now my skin feels perfectly normal
rockwoot.gif

A bit expensive though, but -it´s working!

i have dry flaking skin and the best products i have discovered:

wei east silk line for dry sensitive skin (ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS! ORDERED FULL SIZES) makes my skin super smooth and gets rid of my flakiness. contains no parabens except toner.

worst products

burt's bees deep bark cleanser - dried me up

aveeno calming foaming cleanser - also dried me up

I like Biotherm line of moisterizers. The texture is great, the scent is great and my skin looks great! I'm using Aquasource. I also like Neutrogena cloth masks.

It blows my mind how people just don't listen. The purewater.page.tl site is no longer in existence. Everyone is being poisoned and they love it! Well folks, that's how advertising works.

I use a skin care system that is made from pure water and it's wonderful for men and woman, oily or dry skin and everything in between and it DOESN'T cause acne. It's for EVERY skin type out there and for a line of 7 products that cost around $300, it's the BEST one on world market of skin care products and you can't buy it in a store! It's the only one like it in the world and there is only one company that makes it.

Sorry, I can't give the name out. It's a secret. Besides, people like the poisoness products instead like Clinique, Clearasil, the liers of Arbonne, don't get me wrong, Arbonne has descent products but they are not as pure as they say, go ahead, research it yourself. What science do they have to back up their claims? It's all about the marketing that's why on the movie Tommy Boy, his friend played by David Spade says "your father could sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves".

With good marketing, ANYONE can be sold poison and they'll buy it! ALWAYS research the ingredients of a product.

Christian Dior, Dove, Estee Lauder and so on are horrible but hey, if you think that it works for you then keep using it!

Burt's Bees is very good and Aveeno is one of the better products but you still have to watch what you buy because not ALL of their products are clear of poison. And St Ives is also alright for a cheap product but ONLY the lotions and still they contain Petrolatum.

for my skin

best : vichy normaderm

wort : clean and clear blackhead remmoval

i think maybe we should include our age when we think about good-bad skin care~ bc age do matter.

for me, about 30~

good: e arden eye capture

bad: loreal face wash- dry me so much that i can immidietly see my fash turn red! and tons of other things-can not remember

oh, ye, marcelle gentel eye-makeup remover, cause me eyes feel so pain.

I have tried several Oil of Olay products - my skin burned; so far the best thing for my skin has been using a mixture of Castor oil/Extra Virgin Olive oil on my face 2x a day.

The best product for antiacne: PROACTIV

Wow, although its a little bit expensive but it do work. It is the one that Jessica Simpson used. When you use it for the first time, your face will ache. I felt that. But only for 3 days, I don't even have a single pimple in my face. PROACTIVE works very well. I recommend it if someone wants to have a clear face
smile.gif

I agree about posting our age..like under or over 30, 40..etc. as it would make a difference as to what skin product one uses. I like MK TImeWIse, but am considering switching to Principal Secret Reclaim, or at least advanced. MK doesn't really do a good job removing makeup. As I remember, Principal Secret( advanced cleanser --used it years ago)) did a nice job doing that..and very gentle.

Anyone using the Principal Secret Reclaim skin cleasner?

Back