Best and worse skincare line/products

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont use much but I LOVE ****INSON's WITCH HAZEL!! horrid smell though but well worth it

This is a trip down memory lane, but was anyone ever subjected to Ivory Soap, probably as a kid - though they have had some marketing campaigns promoting it for women, too.

99.4% pure red scaly blotches on skin. Or was it just me who was this unfortunate? I still don't know what they put in it, but short of pumice soap it's the most brutal 'soap' (maybe I should say 'industrial cleanser'?) out there.

the worst was the orange neutrogena cleanser. I hated that stuff and it made my breakouts worse.

To me there is no best or worst.. it's just a matter of whether it works for my skin or not. Like proactiv is really popular but it does nothing to my skin. As long as it's non-comedogenic and does not have weird scents then it works for me =).

I will never use dove skin care products as long as I live, because it made my skin do this saggy thing when I used it. Clean and clear products are very harsh, especially their continuous control cleanser.

kinerase has been pretty good for me. i use differin gel from a derm so i need a cleanser for oily skin but that doesn't overly dry me out and i do tend to break out so i try to use all oil free. Cetaphil didn't feel like it took my makeup off at all. Chanel made me break out worse. Its such a vicious cycle.

For me, best is Dove. So gentle and unfussy, my skin loves it.
smile.gif
And I like the St.Ives apricot scrub for sensitive skin, it has rounded synthetic beads.

When I was younger I had acne I needed to take care of and I was really impressed by L'Oreal's Pure Zone line, it was one of the only things that worked. Of course as soon as I started to love it my local drugstore stopped carrying it!! LOL figures...

Worst... well there hasn't really been any I've hated or that have made my skin worse, but there are plenty that just don't do anything. Can't think of any specifically though.

I can't really say I've had a best/worse...most just don't really work, and I'm still on a quest to find something that works.

I found that clinique's acne line works at first but overly dries out the skin. Biore didn't help or make things worse. Velocity (Mary Kay) also didn't do much. Proactiv helped initially but not much. Otherwise it didn't do anything. I have oily/combination skin.

I have heard good things about Dove. I think some of the problem with very oily skin is just outgrowing it with age!

I like a cleanser that has a built in toner, as that helps. Those blotting tissues come in hand too during the day.

I have been using Bare Escentuals with the minreral veil under the foundation in oily spots, plus a primer, and it has gotten the oilness under control!

hmmm, some voted against estee lauder, but most of their products work fine for me. The only thing that didn't work for my skin was hydra complete
frown.gif

Clinique has never met my needs. It didn't irratate or anything, but it was like I use nothing at all...

I have just started using samples of Revive. I saw great reviews on another make up forum. So far, I love it! The samples are great! They seem to last awhile also. I do not know if I can afford this stuff, but will give it a little longer to see if it is really worth it. I recieved the samples at reviveskincare.com, but get ready if you go there $$$$$$$

I use Clinique (*gasp*, from what I've been reading everyone seems to hate it!) but I use the mild clarifying lotion. It has no alcohol in it like the other ones. It's been good as a 'first' skincare set however, now I'm looking for a better skincare regime now that my skin has stabilized.

Worst for me would be Lauder and Clarins... however, I havent used either for a long period of time, just long enough (10mins) to know I'm allergic to the frangrance!!

Originally Posted by AliFish /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use Clinique (*gasp*, from what I've been reading everyone seems to hate it!) but I use the mild clarifying lotion. It has no alcohol in it like the other ones. It's been good as a 'first' skincare set however, now I'm looking for a better skincare regime now that my skin has stabilized.
Worst for me would be Lauder and Clarins... however, I havent used either for a long period of time, just long enough (10mins) to know I'm allergic to the frangrance!!

I've been using the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel for several years and I love it. I don't use the whole skin care line though.

Originally Posted by curlysister /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am starting to use Dermologica products - any comments? My sister use to use this brand but switched to cheaper oil of Olay. She said it was expensive and not very effective!!

I've heard lots of good stuff about skinceuticals so I'll be trailling this brand very soon.

Best- I'm in love with Dr. haushka products. They are really gentle and are good for my sensitive skin.

I can not tell you how professional skin care products( I am not talking about anything you can find in a department store) have changed my complexion and ultimately swayed me to go into an aesthetics career. Right now, I am REALLY enjoying Physician's Choice of Arizona (PCA). Their serums are wonderful and cleansers are really pH gentle to use depending on your skin condition. If you are looking for professional services, their peels are one of the best out there.

Back