Best concealer for dark circles?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can try using Bobbi Brown's concealers. She has a 2 part system to get rid of pesky under eye circles, and if you go to a local makeup counter they can match you for both colors (or you can just buy the one, which i did and it works well). her conealers are unmatched for me.

Benefit just came out with a new concealer called "Erase Paste". I haven't used it myself yet (i want to!), but the before/after pictures on the benefit website were stunning! you might want to look into that also.

I use some of the Benefit items for under eye circles & they have loads.

First, I use their "Boing" concealer, its an industrial strength, so really good at hiding anything you want hidden. I dot it under my eyes, at each corner & then blend it towards the middle of my under-eye. This should significantly hide the circle.

It's a good idea to use a highlighter over the concealer & it will be light reflecting. I use a little "High Beam" liquid

Then, I use "Oooh La Lift", dabbing it along the puffy under-eye & it works really well.

I finish with the "Eye Bright" stick, which is a pale pink pencil I run along my lower inner eye line - it really brightens your over-all eye. Then lots of mascara to make your lashes stand out & appear as the focus of your eyes - rather than bags & circles.

For longer term solutions, try the "Eye Con" cream which reduces the appearance of under eye circles.

Originally Posted by CandyApple /img/forum/go_quote.gif Prescriptives is the best!!! Flawless Skin Total Protection Concealer SPF 25. This has lasted me a year!! omg... i love this stuff.... it covers great and lasts all day long.... you only have to use a little bit (like only 1 or 2 pats with your finger)......... it is the best i have ever used... i use the Level 2 Cool..... it's my HG....

I was going to suggest Benefit's Boi-ing, but since that didn't work for you, have you tried Benefit's Erase Paste?  I have it, but haven't tried it yet.  The Boi-ing was all I needed.  But the Erase Paste is supposed to be a thicker, more opaque concealer.  Also, Benefit sells Stay Don't Stray, which is a concealer primer and eyeshadow primer.  It works 360 around the eye.  The SDS, from what I've researched, also works a bit like a concealer as well as a primer.  So you might have great luck with SDS.  It is supposed to keep your concealer in place and on all day/night. 

Another concealer that I have, but haven't tried yet, just researched, MUFE Camoflauge Concealer.  It has 5 concealers in it.  It's supposed to work well enough to cover tats for the most part.  I think that's another good one for you.  And I agree with YSL's ET, too. I want it myself!

i've been using michael todd's under eye concealer, it's not too bad. a little dry though. I like revlon's cream concealers.

lol this thread is 3 years old. The OP has probably found a solution by now XD

I use two things to take care of the dark circles under my eyes, both are supposedly all natural. I have my reservations just because that's not an FDA related term, but at least they're trying to be. I use Burt's Bees Eye Cream and Origins Quick Hide! Concealer.

For all the new people who are just finding this thread- try NARS's new Creamy Radiant Concealer.  It is seriously amazing.  Full review here: (Link removed, please read the Terms of Service.)

It is perfect for under eyes, pigmented enough for scars, and gives you a radiant glow!  LOVE...Obsessed. 

Tina

xoxo

I have the same problem! My newest fix that works like a charm for me is using a orange-red lipstick (or salmon colored) and lightly dabbing it under my eye, gently smoothing it out with my ring finger to cancel out the blue tones of the dark circle, then I use Maybelline's Age Rewind Under eye Concealer on top of that, then finish with a translucent finishing powder!

I use the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in the color Illuminating after I apply my foundation and regular concealer.  It really brightens up the under eye area but I do need to put a concealer under it for exta coverage.  Hope this helps!

I use mineral concealer for any concealing on my face, but for the under eye, I use a cream.  I've been really liking the IT Cosmetics "Bye Bye Under Eye" full coverage concealer - I use that under the eyes only.  Then I set it with a bit of the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder, or whatever light diffusing setting powder you might have that's similar to that.  I got the concealer from QVC, but you can also order it on Beauty.com or on IT's website.

I have perpetual "dark circles" as well, and the Physicians Formula dual ended Youthwear roller concealer has worked wonders for me 
wink.gif
 it has a skin toned concealer on one side, and a yellow corrector on the other. And the cooling metal applicator feels divine!

Try the Khuraira dark circle primer, its orange in pigments which neutralize the blue and prevent your

concealer from turning ashy. It also has peptides and vit E to firm and tone. Now sold on ShopNBC.

I LOVE Younique's concealer. Natural-based and not tested on animals which is important to me. It lasts for ages too because you have to use so little each time. Very effective! The images I put are of me. I've used Younique's foundation and concealer. It's always a good idea to add the concealer after to the bits your foundation doesn't fully cover.

DRE++xJzSf2+CxU2Ko+UJA.jpg

E2POGApTS7Wrtl2VL1jEYA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this is such a frustrating problem for me, i have hereditary racoon eyes and nothing gets rid of them, I'm very healthy, eat only high quality food, organic, whole grains, lean meats, legumes, veggies, fruits, etc, sleep 9 hours, they always look the same, and have then sunken in appearance as opposed to just regular bluishness, they look dark because of the shadow cast from the hollowness, its really embarassing because I'm only 22 and having issue with some acne as well. So I really feel like shit when I look in the mirror. I need something simple yet effective, so far I've tried a number of concealers, including benefit boi-ing, bobbi brown creamy concealer, dermablend and some random grocery brands. In order to mostly cover the broken cappilaries I have to apply like 3 layers and after couple hours my eye area starts looking scary and settles into little lines and wrinkles.

Any idea what to do? I'm really at my wits end. thanks
I have the exact problem and have always strived A LOT for this. Nowadays i am using coconut oil because i heard that it reduces them. Secondly i heard that green eye shadow helps in concealing the dark circles, it sounds absurd but you should give it a try as well.

I have the exact problem and have always strived A LOT for this. Nowadays i am using coconut oil because i heard that it reduces them. Secondly i heard that green eye shadow helps in concealing the dark circles, it sounds absurd but you should give it a try as well.
You're right, the information in your 3rd sentence is absurd. Think of colour theory, and there is your answer. Sounds like you already know about colour theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back