Best Stippling Brush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone tried the one from Coastal Scents?? It's only $7.95
This one?  I've got a 1-word review...CRAP!

It's a little too floppy and it's now losing hairs like crazy and I've only used it for about 2 weeks.  CS brushes are so hit and miss (more miss than hit).  The ONLY brush out of the 8 brushes I've bought in a year that I had liked it is the Bionic Wide Buffer and that is super soft and I love it.  I'm thinking of getting another one of it but not any other. 

I guess I am the only one who can't blend with stippling brush.I have the MAC 187, Ive tried numerous of times stippling and swirling ( not harsh), bahhh my skin enhances flakes together with the foundation even though I moisturize and exfoliate my skin decent enough.Until the youtube m/u guru, gossmakeupartist said that combination skin and dry skin should lean towards damp makeup sponges instead of foundation brushes.I guess its very much true, I bought beauty blender right after that, and use it to apply foundation, my foundation looked really good, no flakes or watsoever and when I set my powder, it sets nicely( wthout lifitng the flakes)

Originally Posted by Minka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also a update on this.

I purchased the Etude House Duo-Fibre brush and I LOVE it.

The brush is crazy thick. The handle is shorter than I thought it would be and the bristles are WAY denser than I could've imagined. Great for stippling, but I still need to practice my technique to get it down.

Is there any Youtube vid that any of you watched to teach yourselves to stipple?

I have an Etude House one too. Not sure if it's better/worse than other brands since it's my first stippling brush but so far I love it!

Originally Posted by Minka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also a update on this.

I purchased the Etude House Duo-Fibre brush and I LOVE it.

The brush is crazy thick. The handle is shorter than I thought it would be and the bristles are WAY denser than I could've imagined. Great for stippling, but I still need to practice my technique to get it down.

Is there any Youtube vid that any of you watched to teach yourselves to stipple?
Enkore makeup has a couple videos on stippling that helped me, i saw others but i prefer enkore's.

Wow!!! Thanks for the info! I was thinking about buyin it just to have but I think I'll pass now.

I've received my stippling brush last weekend, i've used it a couple times and OMG ! It's so soft ! The bristles are definitely short and very dense, so it's really easy to pick up liquid foundation and stipple it on my face. I used to apply my foundation with a regular brush for 30 minutes (for just the foundation), now i can have my face done with primer, blush, powder, under eye concealer and setting spray under 15 minutes. Yay !!

I haven't tried it with mineral foundation, but i think it will work fine too.

ok so i have this brush and i agree crap...even tho it is 8 bucks please dont waste ur money!!!

i have the 187 and 188 and the cs one and they are nothing alike!!

ive heard the sonia ones work great and are a cheap alternative same with sigma!!

as for cleaning ur brushes ive always gone to enkoremakeup on utube...

Deoderizing brushes

1/4 cup of distilled water

1/2tsp fabric softner

1tsp white vineger

1/4 tsp baking soda

small container

..fill container to cover bristles

..max 5 mins of soaking

..squeeze all fluids and tap excess on towel then wash brushes as usual

Brush cleaner 

1 cup of distilled water

1/4 cup of alcohol

1/2 spoon of dish soap

1/2 spoon of baby shampoo

1 spoon of leave in hair conditioner(liquid of course)

wash as u normally would...also another tip...if uve used gel based item dont forget to wash olive oil to help clean it off then use the method above

Hope this helps some ppl :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This one?  I've got a 1-word review...CRAP!

It's a little too floppy and it's now losing hairs like crazy and I've only used it for about 2 weeks.  CS brushes are so hit and miss (more miss than hit).  The ONLY brush out of the 8 brushes I've bought in a year that I had liked it is the Bionic Wide Buffer and that is super soft and I love it.  I'm thinking of getting another one of it but not any other. 

I really like the Sigma 187 stippling brush which is more or less the same as the MAC 187. Also the Sigma F80 Flat Top brush is very good too.

I'm back to say, anything you do, STAY AWAY FROM WALMARTS STIPPLER!!!

It has to be THE worst most craptastic, forget shedding, clumps falling out, smelliest brush I've EVER come across. A total waste of money.

I just received the E.L.F. Stippling brush, I just washed it today, so I haven't tried it for foundation today. It's a bit smaller than the MAC 187 and not quite as dense, but it's super soft and pretty comparable to the 187 especially for the price.

Just curious, but if you haven't tried it what about it makes you think it is comparable to the 187?

Studio Tools have a GREAT, cheap stippling brush around $4-5 and Sonia Kashuk also at Target retails for 12.99.

Any updates about the E.L.F brush? I'm looking at buying it as it's far cheaper than the MAC one but I'd like to know if it's any good first! 

^ I love the ELF small stipple brush. (Just ordered 5 of them- they had a sale on their studio brushes)

I like it better than my MAC 130. If you're asking about the larger stipple brush from ELF, I don't know. (I ordered one of those as well, but haven't gotten it yet.)

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bumping bump bump !!

Any other suggestions ?

I've started using a Sephora stippling brush (finally remembered i did have a stippling brush in my stash
eusa_whistle.gif
) to apply my foundation. Super easy, super quick, love the results but OMG ! It's everything but soft, my skin almost feels itchy after using it. I really wonder what i'm going to do with this, i don't like it to apply powder on my face, it's too hard for foundation, i would say it's a waste of money but luckily i bought it for really cheap. It's easy to clean, although i did squirt some black colorant when washing mine (which to me isn't a good sign of quality).
Ha, I wonder if that's the same one I have.  I got the Sephora Pro Stippling Brush (the silver handle, part of the series that was discontinued a few months ago) and sort of hate it.  The white fibers are really stiff and poky, feels like i'm trying to apply product with a face brush meant for exfoliating!  I'm not sure what to do with mine either, it came in a set with the MUA brush belt.  Maybe I should use it to apply exfoliating face wash or something, hehe.

I got the Sigma F55 as a replacement, it's really soft, the bristles are sparse rather than dense, and it's smaller.  I use it for cream blush, contouring, and applying finishing powder.  Only thing I dislike is that the black hairs bleed when I wash the brush.  No shedding though.

I am currently using a Sonia Kashuik stipple brush and love it. I've switched to that from the elf brush.

Back