Birch Box ~ bad business ~

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The usps loses my stuff  all the time.  I forwarded my mail about a month and a half ago when I moved and I've only gotten 1 piece of forwarded mail.   Now they are are investigating where my mail is

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

while it might not be awesome that she, as the customer, got CC'd on the corp email, i'm 99% sure that's just how they talk within the trusted group of employees. at my old job we referred to people as "too bad so sad"-customers when certain issues came up. doesn't sound very nice, huh? but that's just how it is!

geez, people. -.-'
Uh, yeah, that's exactly the point.  Talk about the situation about the customer/client however you want within the circle of employees, but be very careful not to CC the person you're talking about.  That's bad.  Real bad, it doesnt matter how you talk within the circle of "coworkers."

Ditto, I concure with everything Katie said (I worked CS too. If you are lucky they give you a day of training and then toss you out there to "help" people. I have to say 70% of the time the person helping you is trying to figure out what to do while they help you. Also being nasty to someone in CS it useless because THEY didn't piss you off- they just get paid a crappy amount to try and make things better.)

I agree with everyone that it was a horrible mistake that she accidentally sent you something that was supposed to go to another co-worker but if they refunded you some money, and you got your stuff.  It seems.... a little on the redonculous side to be continuing to have a wah-wah party.

Also I don't even see how this was even close to a serious privacy issue. At all. You know a name - woopdee.  I can go to a random website and probably get an address and name then thrity minutes in google and I can probably have email and phone number. "serious" privacy issue would be if they mailed your doctor files to another person or something else that was personal which being as it's make-up, it seems highly unlikely.

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm sorry this happened to you, but having worked in customer service myself, i'd like to speak for the girl who you spoke to.

first of all, maybe she was new? just recently trained?

most likely birchbox uses outlook to send emails, and anyone who used outlook before knows that the "forward" and "reply to" buttons are close. being in CS is hectic and stressful. if you are in inbound CS, the only people who call you 90% of the time are frustrated and annoyed. yes, of course. you have to focus on your job and not make mistakes, but let's be honest - we all have made mistakes in our jobs, right? i understand you're very frustrated, but give the girl a break. she probably hit the wrong button, and didn't mean to CC you. it's odd reading emails about yourself to someone else, but i've made this mistake before myself. and no, i didn't get fired for that. unless this happens to you multiple times a day, they won't fire you for that. furthermore, to be very honest, her boss probably shrugged it off. imagine you'd be getting fired for just one mistake you made.

i've had horrid, mean, just plain and simple awful customers calling me. no matter how much i offered them, they never seemed to be able to just be content. also, please remember it's NOT the girl on the phone who shipped your birchbox to the wrong address. she probably works her butt off for $11-$13 an hour, and being mean to her doesn't get you anywhere. it never does when you call any CS. also, i think they did all they can. they sent you a new box, and refunded you the money. what else can they do?!

again, i'm sorry this happened to you. i'm just trying to make you understand the corp side of things a bit better. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

that being said, i'm glad i'm not in CS anymore. lol

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would be a funny note:

Hey lady, you're package is here... somewhere.  Betcha you can't fiiiiiind it!!!
omg that is hilarious!

I had the same situation happen to me with HSN. It all came down to UPS screwing it up. In ref; to above post;  I'll take a CSR job working my butt off for $11-$13 dollars an hour, thats great friigin money compared to what this piss ass state of Florida pays, its a F^&%ing joke here. Looked for over 18 months for a job, it took my husband over 3 1/2 yrs before someone offered him one. Sorry to get off the subject
icon_redface.gif

Well she wasnt wrong about you being tweet happy. Or did you just decide to expose a newbies mistake because of what she said about you? haha well at least you got your payback huh. thanks for sharing.

Well she wasnt wrong about you being tweet happy. Or did you just decide to expose a newbies mistake because of what she said about you? haha well at least you got your payback huh. thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How is that Birchbox's fault? The fault is with the United States Postal Service (USPS) and the mailman who delivered it. That's not Birchbox's fault that the mailman was an idiot and left it behind a bush.

roflmao.gif
actually this whole thread makes me LOL!

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really don't think it's a big deal.  I've had packages get lost from Ebay and I've called up both USPS and UPS and FEDEX and they tracked down the packages and told me what address is went to.  Addresses are not secret.  So what she told the address of a lady she didn't know.  I  can go look in  a phone book and get millions of peoples addresses.  I just don't see a problem here.    o_O

I sell on ebay, and I've sent the wrong orders to people, too. I always re-send and tell them to just keep the "wrong" package along with profuse apologies. Nobody has ever had a fit about it. Mistakes do happen, but it's the company's attitude about fixing the problem that determines whether or not their service is bad. Other than the unprofessional email, which I agree wasn't meant for your eyes,and appears to be the fault of one emloyee, it seems like BB corrected their error and even refunded you, which is more than I do. I usually tell my buyer to pick another free item and I'll include it in their order. It looks to me like BB did right by you when you told them of the problem.

I don't think it's a privacy issue.   They have secure billing which is all I care about. I throw my address all over the internet, and at worse people might send me junk mail .. which I will gladly send something heavy in return via their prepaid return envelope...   I feel bad for the Rep though, it sounds like she was (and likely will be) put through the ringer.  Having also worked in customer service, I know that people don't make comments like that about nice customers.

I too have had major problems with birch box shipping and I am completely disappointed with birch box and their customer service. Twice now my box has been lost in the mail. This time I was told by the post office that the tracking number I had was a bogus number and there could be no package associated with it as it was not a tracking number. A week later birch box finally decided to send me out a new box, or so they say since that was on monday and I STILL have not received a tracking number. I have called them twice again and they insist it will be sent out "today," that was yesterday and this morning. Well still no tracking number. I doubt I will ever see this box. I have heard wonderful things about birch box, but I have not seen any of this. I have complained and complained and got no where. I have cancelled my subscription, but I want to leave it out there for anyone else having problems with birch box shipping. Maybe if enough of us complain birch box will do something about it. Until then I have paid for a box I most likely will never get my hands on.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From what I was told there was a HUGE shipping problem with the boxes last month and it was the carriers fault.  Not birchbox.  Also EVERY box has a tracking number so you could have found out the address it went to anyways by calling USPS.  No privacy violation/bad business imo.  They refunded you 10 bucks and sent you anther box.  Seems like good business to me.
Hmmm...huge shipping problem. That may be why my box has not arrived despite the projected 9/19 arrival date and the fact that it actually got to Texas (less than 2 hours from my house) on Monday and I don't have it yet. I feel like a greedy kid in a candy store....I waaaannnnttt my box. But hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Back