Birchbox Aces Program

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added the aces pack to an order that was not 75... It's the only piece of my order that hasn't shipped or that I've been notified is on back order. Not thinking I'll be getting that.

I feel like they haven't done enough to make the Aces program something useful.  From what I can tell, the only perks I've received is free two day shipping and getting the PYS email a day early.  

@@IMDawnP had a great idea on the December BB thread about having one of the perks be to email us any specials that will be going on during a month.

I've got some ideas for perks that might be nice.  

-Have Aces points either never expire or expire in two years instead of one.

-Allow Aces to pre-order OOS products.  When I was doing a points order a couple of months ago, I had planned to get the white Clarisonic and one of the Revealed palettes, both of which were OOS during the 3 weeks I was deciding what to order.  I waited until the last minute before I was going to have some points expire, to see if they were going to be back in stock, but they weren't.  It would have been nice if I could have ordered the Revealed palette and had it shipped when it came back in stock.

-Let Aces have a completely customized anniversary box.  So let's say my BB anniversary is in August, I could take the box that's coming to me that month or swap out some of the products with samples they have listed in a new "sample" section.  Aces would get early access to their box that month and have a week to customize it if they wish.

-Have something like a flash sale, where the discount codes are doubled.  So let's say you've been with BB a year and get a 20% off code, Aces could have that code doubled one time, but it can only be done during a specific week.

Added the aces pack to an order that was not 75... It's the only piece of my order that hasn't shipped or that I've been notified is on back order. Not thinking I'll be getting that.
Well I lied. Delivered tonight, with the Aces bonus! Huge box with a lot of packing material.
Aces bonus was the same as everyone else. I love the suki scrub though.

okay I have a question about the 2 day shipping over $100. Is anyone else having issues actually getting this as a choice? I know sometimes it can't go that way if you have certain items but I've placed a couple items over $100 and neither time were they giving me it as an option. The second order I actually had to place over the phone due to an anniversary code not working and she first told me that no, Aces only get free standard shipping. When I read the part about the free 2 day shipping for orders over $100 she said, "Well, maybe it doesn't show up because for orders going to the west coast, it is probably faster to go standard shipping than 2 day". Say what????? My standard orders always take FOREVER and absolutely not does 2 days shipping take longer, lol, it actually takes, well, 2 days, unlike almost 2 weeks for standard. I mean, BB is based on the East Coast, are they not?

Anyone has anyone else been having issues with the free 2 days shipping not working or not showing up as a choice?
Yes. I find the two day shipping doesn't always load. For three recent orders, only one is coming by 2-day priority. The others are traceable, but as first class mail. This stinks because one of those is a phone case for my hubby's Christmas stocking. Hopefully it will arrive by the 23rd.

But I'm not sure why this is happening. I always pick the standard shipping and sometimes it switched to ACES free 2-day and sometimes not. Should I be selecting the 2-day shipping for a fee and hope it updates?

Yes. I find the two day shipping doesn't always load. For three recent orders, only one is coming by 2-day priority. The others are traceable, but as first class mail. This stinks because one of those is a phone case for my hubby's Christmas stocking. Hopefully it will arrive by the 23rd.

But I'm not sure why this is happening. I always pick the standard shipping and sometimes it switched to ACES free 2-day and sometimes not. Should I be selecting the 2-day shipping for a fee and hope it updates?
Okay glad to know it isn't just me. I personally would not pick it unless it said $0 because they may have an excuse why it didn't show up for you initially although you can verify if the products you chose are able to go 2 day (there is always a note on the page about not being able to ship said product air due to restrictions). If they are and the 2 day doesn't show free, choose it and then call CS right away and let them know. They should be able to credit you the shipping cost.

I'd also let CS know that it isn't showing up for you either. I let them know on my side but they acted like I was the only one that has had the problem and I doubt the talked to the tech team to look into it if that is the case. I think from now on, I will do what I suggest- verify the items can be shipped, choose the 2 day then call CS. To me, the only real good thing about the Aces so far is the free 2 day ship for bigger orders and regular free ship on all others. If I only get 50% of the benefits, it really isn't a big advantage.

I didn't read the part about free expedited shipping is only for orders over $100. Just confirmed that by looking at FAQ page on the website. I guess they gave me the free expedited shipping anyway because it was the men's conscious collection box. That was nice of them!

Tracking shows both the two day and first class packages are expected the same day anyway - Saturday. And I live in Miami. Sounding promising....

I received an "Aces Gift with Purchase" with my order from the ACETASTIC40 sale, in addition to the Mystery Pack.

I received one or my orders from the 40% off sale and also got an Aces Gift with purchase. It is several teas, which I actually like. Then I got my other 40% off order that they reshipped since the first one is MIA and that came with two of the aces gift with purchases, both packages of tea! Then I also received a third box from birchbox that I wasn't expecting and all it was was yet another package of teas, it simply says "gift with purchase Aces". It did not come with an order, just by itself.  Now I love tea so I thought it was a nice little perk.

Apparently today is my ACE anniversary and I got an email from BB with a code for $15 to spend in a special ACES only shop on BB. There was no minimum purchase so I selected a $15 Mally Waterproof Eyeliner. I am so glad it wasn't a keychain or a pouch, a free eyeliner is much better.

Apparently today is my ACE anniversary and I got an email from BB with a code for $15 to spend in a special ACES only shop on BB. There was no minimum purchase so I selected a $15 Mally Waterproof Eyeliner. I am so glad it wasn't a keychain or a pouch, a free eyeliner is much better.
I got it too - I purchased the https://www.birchbox.com/shop/promo/ace-anniversary/roosevelt-supply-bicolor-tote in olive (because I felt it was more neutral and I would get more use out of it) for $1.06!!

I recieved an email today with this, that's a kind of a cool perk! Says no minimum purchase required even!

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have four accounts that are Aces and none of them received the email.  The code wouldn't work on any of them either.  Sad face.

I have four accounts that are Aces and none of them received the email.  The code wouldn't work on any of them either.  Sad face.
It appears to only be working on accounts that got ACES status prior to March 30, 2014 and/or by the date that 500 points were accumulated after January 1, 2014.  My primary account reached ACES in March 2014 because I re-subbed every month with a 100-point code and I had waited to review my December 2013 box until January, otherwise I wouldn't have made 500 points until April.    I was not as diligent with the 100-point codes in my 2nd account, so it didn't make ACES until July.  I'm sure this is going to be a monthly thing where they send a code to everyone who is an ACE for 12 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get an Aces-Only code for $15 to use in the Aces Shop (accessible only through link in e-mail) on my 2nd account in July.  Unfortunately, I didn't like anything around the $15 mark in the Aces Shop, so I did not use it.  

Unfortunately everything in the $15 off Aces section is at least $30 now and nothing I would want to pay at least $15 for after the discount. I'm bummed, there were a ton of great choices, many $15 or less, when my other account got the email months back. They really need to re-stock!!

It said the $15 code would expire 30 days after my anniversary, does anyone know how to see that exact date? I would go by the date I got the email but one can never trust that with BB! I often get emails for stuff like this 1-2 days before the deal expires...

Unfortunately everything in the $15 off Aces section is at least $30 now and nothing I would want to pay at least $15 for after the discount. I'm bummed, there were a ton of great choices, many $15 or less, when my other account got the email months back. They really need to re-stock!!

It said the $15 code would expire 30 days after my anniversary, does anyone know how to see that exact date? I would go by the date I got the email but one can never trust that with BB! I often get emails for stuff like this 1-2 days before the deal expires...
i feel the same way actually, just got the code too and the shop is a total bust.

last time i got the code for my other account they had better stuff... ugh i hate this shop this time

I don't understand why they removed so many products from the Ace section when they are still carrying those products. I know they don't have to offer anything like this but it seems like real BS to fill the section with crap no one wants.

Back