Birchbox January 2015 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For any Juice Beauty fans, I've just placed this order:

The STEM CELLURLAR set is an awesome deal, I've been eyeing that serum but it's $75!!!!

I really want it since this line works really well on fading my 'sun' or 'age' spots and it smells awesome!

Juice Beauty® STEM CELLULAR™ Timeless Beauty Set    $125.00

Spend $35, get a free Mystery Sample Pack     $10.00

Caudalie Winter Duo     $12.00

Ahmad Teas Assorted Teas Flavor   $3.50

...and with AMIKACLIPLESS, I got a Free Amika Clipless Curling Iron with this $150+ Purchase.  Plus $10 of that was the Mystery sample pack that it then deducted!!

This with my 700 points I paid a little under $80 for the entire order! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Box came today. The supergoop is so tiny I almost lost it already while opening the box!

The bee venom mask came with a warning not to use if you have bee allergies. I think everyone is allergic at least a little I mean it's venom, that's the point. Not sure if I'm going to try it or swap.

Love love love the stainiac. It feels like there's nothing there. This made the box worth it.

I don't mind the smell of the lotion for this time of year. It's ok.

The shave cream will be good for travel.

My indie sub The all natural face came today too and blew BB out of the water. I'm sad I had to cancel it for the next month or 2 but money is tight. I almost want to post a picture of the 2 next to each other.

image.jpg

I have a Birchbox arch nemesis myself, Kara. I haven't had any issues in a while so I don't have any juicy transactions but she had given me non-answers or manipulated the complaint to make me the one who is wrong more than once, otherwise I wouldn't remember her name. I think every other cs interaction I've had with other people are fantastic! I try to make sure to give compliments on zendesk not just frown faces when I'm annoyed. I can be really passive when it comes to contacting cs so when it's good I really appreciate it.

i am beyond irritated with birchbox right now. had a missing sample from r&r box, (the wonder eye cream). they responded an hour later, which was really fast and gave me a tracking number. well 8 days went by and it was still at their facility. so i emailed them again and she said we are so sorry give it 10 days and i will get you a new tracking number, well 4 days and no new tracking number...ugghh! first time ever that ive put bad im dissatisfied on the feedback email i got. they are usually so great with customer service, i dont know whats going on!

My tracking says that my box was delivered yesterday at noon, but I didn't get it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> In the Birchbox help, it says sometimes USPS marks things as delivered before they actually are, and I should wait 3 days before I contact them about it. Has that happened to anyone? Is there actually a chance it will show up?
I never showed up, and so I contacted them. They said they will ship me a new box, which may not be the same as the one showing up in my account. I know people have had this happen before - how long until it updates with the new products? If I review the current stuff, will I get double points?

I wonder if I will get the Tocca that I requested. I mentioned it in my email, but she didn't say anything about it in her response. I'm actually kind of ok with getting a different box, since mine wasn't going to be very exciting (it was the Tocca with the Neil George shampoo/conditioner).

If I review the current stuff, will I get double points?
I believe you can do reviews on your original box now and that they will either update your box automatically in a few days. If they don't you can always email them and ask them to update it after you get your replacement box and do a 2nd round of reviews.

I would really like to hear what you think about how the two compare.

I looooove the Josie Maran, but not the price. It would be awesome to get it cheaper, or, using points/free ship, freeeee.

I got so caught up in my shipping saga that I neglected to say what was IN box A when it arrived:

Mychelle Argan oil - haven't tried it yet, but I already use Josie Maran argan oil on my face (been doing so for a year, I swear that stuff is transformative!) so I am looking forward to trying this one out. 

The When Sheet mask has so much product it can definitely be used twice. I just carefully pulled it apart, laid the 2 cover layers on styrofoam plates, and just put it all back together when I was done. Put it back in the foil then sealed it in a baggie. I used the mask again tonight with no problems. Definitely going to use my points on these babies!

as someone who uses facial sheet masks all the time, I am not sure that is a good idea to reuse them like that.  

If you really want to reuse them, I found this online

Here`s how to get 2-3 uses out of each mask:
1) Open your mask, remove the backing, and gently squeeze the excess serum into a zip lock bag. Make sure to leave enough on your mask for your first application! Some of the essence will run down your hands so pat your face with it before applying the mask.
2) Don`t forget to pour in the excess from the package.
If there`s a lot, you can divide this into two zip lock bags.
3) Apply the mask as usual. You`ll notice that there`s still plenty of essence to soak into your skin!

4) Once done, boil 1-2 cups of water.

5) Place the mask in pot and boil for one minute to sanitize.

6) Remove the mask with tongs or chopsticks.
7) Hold the mask under cold running water or place in a bowl of cold water to cool it off.
8) Gently squeeze all the water out of the mask.
9) Fold up the mask and place inside the zip lock bag filled with essence. Shake the bag around or squeeze the essence into the mask to let it absorb.
10) Store the baggie in a safe place or chill it in the refrigerator. When you`re ready to use it, remove from, bag, unfold, and apply like usual. As good as new!
12) Repeat the boiling process for the mask if you made up a second baggie of essence.

Also, if you don`t want to go through the boiling/sanitizing method for the mask, your can buy just the sheet masks in bulk for really cheap!

from http://www.luuux.com/viz/how-to-reuse-your-face-sheet-masks-1

or you can squeeze out the excess essence into a little jar, put it in the frig and just use it as a serum without the mask

it is the bacteria that is lurking on the facial sheet mask - it could transfer onto your face (if you have acne or other skin conditions) that is worrisome about reusing it.

you can pick up facial sheet masks pretty cheaply.  Walmart sells My Beauty Diary, which are amazing facial sheet masks - the red wine is fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else still waiting for January BB Plus items?  I ordered the socks but they didn't make it into my monthly box.  CS said they were sending it later.

Anyone else still waiting for January BB Plus items?  I ordered the socks but they didn't make it into my monthly box.  CS said they were sending it later.
I am waiting for the sweatshirt and socks. I wish customer service would send out an email letting us know about this, instead of the customer always having to reach out and ask. I was told last week that a formal email would be going out, but I have not received anything.

I agree about the awesomeness of My Beauty Diary masks. I was using the 3x a week for a while and people thought I was wearing foundation because my skin looked too good to be true. Need to get back to taking care of my skin like that!

The Birchboxiad: Volume II

Last week I posted the shipping saga that my two January BBs took (box A and box B, as I thoughtfully named them). A brief recap:

Box B had shipping notice on the 4th, 3 days before box A...and then both boxes left the shipping place in NJ at the same exact time on the 11th, but box A arrived on the 13th. Then I was all Scooby Doo confused like "Ruurghh??!?"

So box B showed up on the 17th, and has kept silent about its 4 days off grid. I can only assume it was tapped for some government black ops mission.

I noticed something with the packaging on box B that I hadn't with A - there was an adjective before the sent to name on the package. It's especially funny, because I put subscription B in one of the cat's names, so there was this pink package addressed to The Indomitable Miranda XXXX. The bf (who was the one to retrieve the mail that day) took it in stride like a champ, partly because he's used to my shenanigans and mostly because that cat is pretty indomitable (unless you're a vacuum cleaner). I wish I had paid attention to what box A was addressed to, but I had already recycled the packaging by then. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, my PYS for sub B was the Rosemary lotion....did anyone else notice the little "G & S" on the bottom of the bottle?

Nooooooooooooooooooo.....

Sure enough, Essential Elements is a Gilchrist and Soames line. Along with BeeKind and Neil George. Goddammit birchbox, really?? 
Whaaa?  Ha ha...  I actually liked the EE body wash so at least that's an improvement. 

Latest posts

Back