Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two weeks ago, BB said they wouldn't be able to send me the Ambrosia polish and gave me 100 points. The following day, I order the polish (and have since happily received it). Today, I receive another Ambrosia polish. lol.

The best thing just happened to me! So there were so many things I *really* wanted but didn't get to try in the July boxes that I had subbed for a fifth box hoping I'd get some. Well that box loaded and it was a dupe of another box I got which was filled with stuff I didn't even want, like more of the whish shave cream, wonder eye cream, and 100% pure ketchup packets.

It arrived last Friday and I was so not excited about it, I didn't even bother to open it until the next day. Well, the box was all beat up and smashed and when I opened it, the Whish had broken and exploded everywhere, getting wet tissue paper on everything. Just really gross. I sent pictures to CS and was expecting maybe a replacement sample for the Whish. Instead, they sent me a whole new box that they said would probably be different and that I'd be able to review for points as well.

I honestly forgot about it and then I checked my box page last night and it's possibly the best box I've ever gotten!! Posiebalm, BP masks, Skyn eye gels, Naobay lotion, and the only dupe is the Real Chemistry peel which is great anyway. Literally all the things I wanted to try but didn't get. It's a Birchbox miracle. Between that and the Mindy Kaling book, I am in love with Birchbox all over again, regardless of the point policy change.

its weird how terrible they are about sending some people replacement boxes and some not at all

i emailed them about 2 sample issues on the 14th on the 15th 2 reps emailed me one said theyd send both samples then the other said they would send a whole new box

i did get one sample in the mail and waited a few days to see if the other would come seperately and they never did, i emailed 3 days ago they finally got back to me and comped me 100 points

this is the 3rd time i was supposed to get a replacement box and never have haha

its weird how terrible they are about sending some people replacement boxes and some not at all

i emailed them about 2 sample issues on the 14th on the 15th 2 reps emailed me one said theyd send both samples then the other said they would send a whole new box

i did get one sample in the mail and waited a few days to see if the other would come seperately and they never did, i emailed 3 days ago they finally got back to me and comped me 100 points

this is the 3rd time i was supposed to get a replacement box and never have haha
Ugh that's horrible. I really hope mine shows up because I want all that stuff. They actually gave me tracking though which I thought I'd heard they didn't do for replacement boxes.

I created a new account less than a week ago so that I could apply my Gilt City deal without realizing that I would be getting another July box. That would have been fine because I even switched up some of the preferences on my new profile. But I guess it was just my luck because I got the exact same box that I previously received for this month! Boo.

Photo Jul 31, 10 04 24 AM.jpg

I wasn't too happy with my July box and now I'm getting the exact same box again! Pretty disappointing stuff...  :unsure:

Is it too late to send in for the Women's Health refund? I THINK from the fine print it says you have to mail it in within 30 days of receiving your box so I should still have some time, but just want to make sure!

Is it too late to send in for the Women's Health refund? I THINK from the fine print it says you have to mail it in within 30 days of receiving your box so I should still have some time, but just want to make sure!
I just got everything filled out about an hour ago. So I hope it's fine.

Oh crap. I need to do my Women's Health refunds and sub asap. Also, my replacement box is out for delivery!! The moment of truth... I really really hope it's actually the amazing box contents that are in my box page right now!

My first Birchbox! I got the annual subscription from Gilt, and was surprised to receive a July box yesterday:

bb38_385x385_1_6.jpg

Naobay: I really love the feel of it, but it smells so weird. Like... like the taste of lime candy? Anyone else have mixed feelings about this?

Cynthia Rowley: Love the texture and packaging. Don't love the black-ish-not-fully-black color and that it transfers onto my upper eyelid.
Harvey Prince: Turns out I don't like the smell of gardenias. Luckily (?) it faded quickly.

Supergood: I'm SO excited to try a CC cream that's the right color! I keep coming across all these samples at Sephora (or wherever) but they're all medium/orange. Haven't tried it yet.

Real Chemistry: I wanted to try this today, but the tube is empty. There's some leaked out of the tube still in the cap, but not enough to actually use :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I know this sounds like a terrible box, but I liked testing everything out.

Just got my july box.

It's so weird. 3 out of 5 samples are different than what shows on my box page. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Though, I didn't care for the ones to begin with, the ones they swapped for are even less exciting!

I went to my order history in account settings and printed the page with the July box order - it had a date, the price, and an order number
For those of you who did the rebate last time, do you remember about how long it took to come?
Hey, I just got my Women's Health rebate today!  It would seem we don't have to wait like 15 weeks for that to happen, yay!  Good luck to everyone else on getting their rebate smoothly!

I'm probably a bit late to the party, but I'm really curious, is it possible to get a refund for Women's Health Magazine if you have a gift subscription, or do I have to choose between getting a magazine or getting nothing? Since, I don't have a receipt for obvious reason, I don't know what can I send them.

My first Birchbox! I got the annual subscription from Gilt, and was surprised to receive a July box yesterday:

bb38_385x385_1_6.jpg

Naobay: I really love the feel of it, but it smells so weird. Like... like the taste of lime candy? Anyone else have mixed feelings about this?

Cynthia Rowley: Love the texture and packaging. Don't love the black-ish-not-fully-black color and that it transfers onto my upper eyelid.
Harvey Prince: Turns out I don't like the smell of gardenias. Luckily (?) it faded quickly.

Supergood: I'm SO excited to try a CC cream that's the right color! I keep coming across all these samples at Sephora (or wherever) but they're all medium/orange. Haven't tried it yet.

Real Chemistry: I wanted to try this today, but the tube is empty. There's some leaked out of the tube still in the cap, but not enough to actually use :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would not say it a terrible box, although I feel the same way about Gardenia Perfume and Naobay lotion.

I got Supergoop CC cream a couple of months about and it was ok. 

In reference to Real Chemistry peel, are you sure it's empty? I had to put some effort into squeezing out mine, but it was there. If it actually spilled inside the box, you can take a picture and send it to CS, maybe they can send you a replacement.

I'm probably a bit late to the party, but I'm really curious, is it possible to get a refund for Women's Health Magazine if you have a gift subscription, or do I have to choose between getting a magazine or getting nothing? Since, I don't have a receipt for obvious reason, I don't know what can I send them.

I would not say it a terrible box, although I feel the same way about Gardenia Perfume and Naobay lotion.

I got Supergoop CC cream a couple of months about and it was ok. 

In reference to Real Chemistry peel, are you sure it's empty? I had to put some effort into squeezing out mine, but it was there. If it actually spilled inside the box, you can take a picture and send it to CS, maybe they can send you a replacement.
I did take a picture, and they replied pretty quickly that they'd send me a replacement.

bb38_385x385_1_6.jpg

I didn't like the Naobay, I felt it smelled on the masculine side. My husband happily took it off my hands.

My mom and I think the Naobay lotion smells like lemon pledge. I couldn't even finish the sample. 

My mom and I think the Naobay lotion smells like lemon pledge. I couldn't even finish the sample. 
This!! Exactly what it smells like. Mine was also extremely runny...I would open the cap and if I didn't have it upside down, it would start coming out everywhere. Anyone else have that issue?

Back