Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very, very, very late to the 100% Pure Body Wash party, but I vaguely remember some comments on the fact that it's a very thin consistency. The only reason I am reminded of this is because I just started using the bottle I bought recently, and I can't remember if this has been mentioned or not (if it is, I apologize in advance), but the bottle has a foaming pump dispenser on it which explains why it's a very thin, liquid consistency. Why they would send sample packets when you can't use a foaming pump on the packet is beyond me.

I'm very, very, very late to the 100% Pure Body Wash party, but I vaguely remember some comments on the fact that it's a very thin consistency. The only reason I am reminded of this is because I just started using the bottle I bought recently, and I can't remember if this has been mentioned or not (if it is, I apologize in advance), but the bottle has a foaming pump dispenser on it which explains why it's a very thin, liquid consistency. Why they would send sample packets when you can't use a foaming pump on the packet is beyond me.
Wow! Poor sampling choice on their part. Does it work/foam well with the pump?

Wow! Poor sampling choice on their part. Does it work/foam well with the pump?
I like it. It foams nicely, but isn't a heavy body wash with a very light lather, so if you're used to something that gives a heavy lather it may feel like it's not cleaning. I use it with my shower puff and it works nicely for me. I've been trying to buy more natural body products, and decided to try this as I love their hand creams. I think it'd also work well as a good hand soap, but I haven't tried it as a hand soap yet.

Oh so that's why it says "richly foaming" on those foil packs....

That explains a lot with that 100% Pure body wash! Honestly a terrible sample. 100% Pure should not want to represent their product in that way because I probably would actually like it, but the sample size and packaging plus the foam not translating to that is not good representation at all.

I got my last July box over the weekend and it arrived dirty, smashed and all beat up. When I opened it, the Whish shave cream had broken and exploded all over the place. There were wet pieces of tissue paper stuck to everything. I emailed BB on Saturday with pictures and CS replied the next day and apologized, gave me 100 points, and said they'd send a replacement box which may have different contents. This box was a dupe and not one I was excited about at all, so this is a win. *Crossing my fingers for Posiebalm!*

Just got a manicure with relic!

image.jpg

That explains a lot!

For those of you who sent in your Women's Health Magazine refund cards, what exactly did you print and send in to prove you had a July subscription?

For those of you who sent in your Women's Health Magazine refund cards, what exactly did you print and send in to prove you had a July subscription?
I went to my order history in account settings and printed the page with the July box order - it had a date, the price, and an order number

I must be an dolt I can not locate any order history on my accounts, purchase history only, and only the initial purchases like when I started the sub, not individual purchases each month. 

I went to my order history in account settings and printed the page with the July box order - it had a date, the price, and an order number

I printed out my email receipt confirmation and put each in an envelope separately. 

Email receipt confirmations?  I don't ever get those.  I'm about to give up I have no idea what I'm supposed to send them.  
Perhaps you could e-mail Birchbox and ask them to re-send the receipt? Then you could print out the e-mail and stick it in the envelope.

I must be an dolt I can not locate any order history on my accounts, purchase history only, and only the initial purchases like when I started the sub, not individual purchases each month. 
OK - I did it like a week ago so I forgot some of the details ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />;; but basically you were on the right track.  If you go to your account and then "purchase history", it will bring up a list called "order history".  I have one account that's monthly and one account that's yearly.   If you go through the order numbers and click on "view order", you should be able to see the order details.  For monthly accounts, it will say something like "women's monthly rebillable subscription" in the order details- I chose the order dated Jun 20 since that's when I paid for my July sub box.  For annual sub, the order will be shown as "processing" but if you click on "view order" it will say "women's yearly rebillable subscription".  At the top of the page it will say "print order" - this prints the whole page and that is what I put in the rebate envelope.  It will have the order number, the details that say it was a women's sub, and the date, which is what I think the rebate ppl need to see.

I went to my Purchase History, found my original (and still current) sub purchase, and printed out the "View Order" page.  I did this for last year's Women's Health box as well and had no problem receiving the refund.  Just make sure you send it to the address in small print at the bottom of the card and check-mark the rebate box.

Email receipt confirmations?  I don't ever get those.  I'm about to give up I have no idea what I'm supposed to send them.  
The last time we had one of these magazine refunds with Birchbox I just sent my receipt from when I started that specific subscription and I received my refund with no problems and that is what I did this time too  :unsure2:

For those of you who did the rebate last time, do you remember about how long it took to come?

I started up my 2nd box the 16th & received it today. It isn't bad, whish, revealed 2 sampler, balance me eye cream, 100% pure gingerale body wash, & my only dupe thus far, the real chemistry peel. I'm sending a box of awesome to a friend, so I'm glad to have a dupe that doesn't suck. Instead of getting the women's health refund, I'm using a subscription & sending the other card off for my friend to redeem.

ETA: my 2nd sub is getting a 2nd July box, it shipped today. I didnt know that could happen.. I guess I'll get on requesting my rebate, I hope my printer has enough ink! oh thank goodness. I got shipping notification today for the box that arrived today, yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back