Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there an August thread yet? If so, sorry! Lol but Birchbox posted a sneak peek on Instagram! We get to choose a sample again and have 4 choices in August!! =]

Ahhhh, my third (impulse) box updated and I love it! Only one non-dupe item (PosieTint, yay!), but the dupes are pretty amazing -- Real Chemistry peel, Skyn eye gels, Naobay lotion, and BP mask. Best box ever!

Ahhhh, my third (impulse) box updated and I love it! Only one non-dupe item (PosieTint, yay!), but the dupes are pretty amazing -- Real Chemistry peel, Skyn eye gels, Naobay lotion, and BP mask. Best box ever!
Holy crap. That is an awesome box and the best dupes ever. My dupes are always like CS palette samplers, Coola sunscreen, Whish shave cream, and fragrances.

eta although actually I was really happy that I opened a box yesterday and realized one of the palette samplers was the Ballerina variety, so I get to try some of the more pinky shades yay!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my replacement box so I'm super happy with it too. I wonder if they send out the same box after a certain time. I know when I was stalking Instagram late last month it seemed like everyone posting was receiving the same box items. Not sure if my theory has any merit but for those who really want the BP mask and posiebalm, it may be worth the gamble :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't been on MUT much this week because I've been busy with IRL stuff, but did anyone else get the phone charger add on for this month?

My good friend got it and was telling me over brunch today that it sucks. It took her forever to charge it up and when she used it while she was in Atlanta yesterday and it charged her phone like 20% worth before dying. Sucks because it looked really cute, but i was wondering if she got a dud or if its just poor quality (seems like it might be the latter because it was only like ~$20 ish dollars).
I just tried mine for the first time. I started with 27% power at 3:38 pm, it turned off at 4:25 pm and had charged up to 78%. This is less than I expected since their webpage said it would charge an iPhone 5 up to 80% (which I assumed meant from a dead phone). Only charging up to 20% sounds like it could be faulty.

I guess I am satisfied since it was so cheap, but I don't think I would recommended it to others.

I haven't been on MUT much this week because I've been busy with IRL stuff, but did anyone else get the phone charger add on for this month?

My good friend got it and was telling me over brunch today that it sucks. It took her forever to charge it up and when she used it while she was in Atlanta yesterday and it charged her phone like 20% worth before dying. Sucks because it looked really cute, but i was wondering if she got a dud or if its just poor quality (seems like it might be the latter because it was only like ~$20 ish dollars).
I looked at it but checked reviews for the backup charger after someone here mentioned it--they are abysmal.  

I just tried mine for the first time. I started with 27% power at 3:38 pm, it turned off at 4:25 pm and had charged up to 78%. This is less than I expected since their webpage said it would charge an iPhone 5 up to 80% (which I assumed meant from a dead phone). Only charging up to 20% sounds like it could be faulty.

I guess I am satisfied since it was so cheap, but I don't think I would recommended it to others.
Actually, after saying you turned it off, that makes me wonder if that's why hers *didn't* work that well. I was under the impression she left it on and possibly continued to use it while it was charging, I'll have to ask her.

Actually, after saying you turned it off, that makes me wonder if that's why hers *didn't* work that well. I was under the impression she left it on and possibly continued to use it while it was charging, I'll have to ask her.
I did leave my phone on while it was charging, but did not use it. The charger is what actually turned off...when all it's charging power had been depleted and I had reached 78%.

I have seen this asked before, but I'm not sure if anyone answered. If I already prepaid for August with a points code, what would happen if I did it again? Would it prepay for September? Thanks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I remember reading a post here that says they looked up reviews and that charger wasn't very good to begin with.  (several pages back when the add on's were introduced to us)

It isn't as cute, and it is a little more bulky/heavier than the one from BB... but Anker brand makes some really good chargers like that for 35-50$ on Amazon.  They are just plain white or black, and can charge i-products (which require more power to charge than androids) usually several times before needing to be charged themselves again.  

Last month it seemed like there was one particular box that most late subscribers received. Has anyone seen if there's a "late box" this month? I cancelled and resubscribed with the 100 point code on my main account, but I'm thinking of starting a second account with the same code (and figuring out how to hide it from my husband).

I did a late box (last Thursday) with the BBFAB100 code. I am receiving....

- No. 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect

- Real Chemistry 3-Minute Peel

- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream

- Revealed 2 palette

- 100% Pure Shower Gel

This is my third July box, and everything but the eye cream is a repeat for me. That said, I'm happy I did it, because I was going to spend the $10 in the Birchbox shop anyway – so why not get some "free" samples out of it.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My "guaranteed" polish still hasn't shipped. I guess I'll wait another 2 days to inquire about it again to make it a rounded two weeks. Of course they'd told me the "warehouse is preparing to ship your nail polish sample very shortly". Maybe it'll just randomly show up at my house one of these days.

Next month would be  my 21st month but I think I'm going to stop for a while. I'm filled to the brim with hair samples that I don't want and the previews next month aren't my taste. Sighhhh

I remember reading a post here that says they looked up reviews and that charger wasn't very good to begin with.  (several pages back when the add on's were introduced to us)

It isn't as cute, and it is a little more bulky/heavier than the one from BB... but Anker brand makes some really good chargers like that for 35-50$ on Amazon.  They are just plain white or black, and can charge i-products (which require more power to charge than androids) usually several times before needing to be charged themselves again.  
I have a Mophie juice pack and I absolutely love it.  It can charge my iPhone 5 2.5 times and my iPad mini 1.5'ish times.  I found it for $40 NIB on a neighborhood FB site.  I have seen them around $50 on Amazon.

Last month it seemed like there was one particular box that most late subscribers received. Has anyone seen if there's a "late box" this month? I cancelled and resubscribed with the 100 point code on my main account, but I'm thinking of starting a second account with the same code (and figuring out how to hide it from my husband).
My late box is :

- No. 4 Prep & Protect

- Supergood anti-aging eye cream

- Cynthia Rowley eyeliner (black)

- Naobay lotion

- Smarty Pants vitamins

I ordered about a week ago, should be in the mail today or tomorrow!

Does anyone know how the Women's Health refund is going to work if you have multiple subscriptions?

Latest posts

Back