Birchbox July 2014 - Spoilers!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddly (since it does literally nothing when I swatch on my hand), the Posiebalm *does* have a touch of color on my lips!  I'll definitely use the sample, but I won't bother buying it because I have a couple of samples of Posietint (one from one of the kits and another from the advent calendar, so if I were to combine them, they're probably half of a full-sized tint) that do a better job of providing color.  I love the texture, but I don't love it enough to spend $18 on it.  I can get seven GDE sample jars for that much money.  Even though I would be spending points if I ordered form Birchbox, there are other things I would rather spend them on.

Apparently I'm not as cool as you guys.  Wanted to try the code trick.  Cancelled my subscription, tried to rejoin with a code... and it won't let me rejoin.  Tells me there' an issue processing it; try again later or call.  Several hours later and it still won't let me.  =(
Did you ever get it to work? I tried at around 3:00 and it worked for me.

I painted my nails the other day with Ambrosia! Its my new favorite color.

10475201_533232583443360_2025211097_n.jpg

Funny thing:  As much as I love silver polish, Relic is a big old dud for me.  I've been wearing it for a few days, and I don't know what it is, but I just look at it and feel meh.  I also received butter london Bobby Dazzler from Sample Society this month, and as much as I was looking forward to that one as well, now that I have it, I realize I'm probably never going to use it.  I have more of a fondness for foil and chromes than whatever these are considered, and I have OPI Rinse Charming, whatever that OPI Gwen Stefani chrome was called, butter london Diamond Geezer, Zoya Trixie (if I ever remember where I stashed it), Julep Missy, and a-england Excalibur.  I think I'm set.

Still haven't.  Tried about 4 different times today with 2 different codes.  They even sent me the email that I forgot something in my cart - but won't subscribe me.  (I'm not trying a 50 point code when they're turning me down on both the active 100 point codes.  We'll just keep trying every now and then until it works.)

Oddly (since it does literally nothing when I swatch on my hand), the Posiebalm *does* have a touch of color on my lips!  I'll definitely use the sample, but I won't bother buying it because I have a couple of samples of Posietint (one from one of the kits and another from the advent calendar, so if I were to combine them, they're probably half of a full-sized tint) that do a better job of providing color.  I love the texture, but I don't love it enough to spend $18 on it.  I can get seven GDE sample jars for that much money.  Even though I would be spending points if I ordered form Birchbox, there are other things I would rather spend them on.
At the risk of wanting to buy some, what are the GDE sample jars? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm in!  And in my case, it was kinda my fault.  For some reason it was defaulting to an old credit card number, rather than the newest one I had been signed up under before.  Selected the proper card and it went through!  =)

I'm supposed to be getting this box except that it has the Laqa purple lip balm instead of the Revealed 2 sample. I couldn't find an exact match for my box though. I wonder if I overlooked it, or if maybe they ran low on the Revealed samples and had to substitute that. I am happy to try the eye cream and the Real Chemistry though. The shaving cream will come in handy. I would have been excited for the body wash, but hearing what others have said, I'm reasonably sure I won't like it as I prefer lots of lather. I think what I use is Avalon Organics. It comes in a green pump bottle (which is handy) and has purple flowers on it, which I think are lavender. It may not be quite as all natural as 100% pure, but it really does a nice job.
Your box is #57.

I got box 48 this month. Though I was SO SO SO much hoping for a LAQA lip lube, I'm still quite pleased with what I received. It was also a high-value box:

1.BalanceMe Eye Cream (half of full-sized!)

2.100% Pure Shower Gel  (the only real dud for me this month)

3.#4 Super Comb and Protect (I like the BP spray better, esp the BP scent)

4.Real Chemistry 3 Minute Peel (this was OK, but I prefer the Vasanti scrub and my Clarisonic)

5.Coastal Scents Quad in Sunset (nice colors, but the sample packaging sucked)

6 Women's Health subscription (will be applying this to extend my current sub)

Still keeping my fingers crossed for LAQA in August. I may just break down and buy one.

I haven't been on MUT much this week because I've been busy with IRL stuff, but did anyone else get the phone charger add on for this month?

My good friend got it and was telling me over brunch today that it sucks. It took her forever to charge it up and when she used it while she was in Atlanta yesterday and it charged her phone like 20% worth before dying. Sucks because it looked really cute, but i was wondering if she got a dud or if its just poor quality (seems like it might be the latter because it was only like ~$20 ish dollars).

For anyone that has gotten a replacement box in the past, about how long does it take for a new tracking info to update? My new box updated last week when they let me know they were sending me a replacement box but when I click on my tracking, it still shows the information for my old box. I don't want to be a squeaky wheel if this is totally normal and it takes a while for the info to update.

For anyone that has gotten a replacement box in the past, about how long does it take for a new tracking info to update? My new box updated last week when they let me know they were sending me a replacement box but when I click on my tracking, it still shows the information for my old box. I don't want to be a squeaky wheel if this is totally normal and it takes a while for the info to update.
It might not update at all.  I got a "surprise" Bb in the mail a couple months ago when they sent a replacement because my box didn't update by the 11th.  

It might not update at all.  I got a "surprise" Bb in the mail a couple months ago when they sent a replacement because my box didn't update by the 11th.
I actually wouldn't mind a surprise BB in the mail. I know I paid for it, but it always makes me super excited when I get a sub box, or order in before I was expecting it. Like if I think it'll be here next Tuesday and instead it shows up in mail the Friday before, it makes me super happy. lol

Last time I got a replacement box customer service told me specifically that I wouldn't receive tracking for it. It also took 25 day to get to me, but that's when they'd just switched to Newgistics so everything was a mess.

Latest posts

Back