Birchbox July 2016 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received mine last night. I am a bit shocked - usually they have tissue paper and the foam padding in the box - no tissue paper so my items were just rolling around in the box. I like the cargo mini blush/bronzer duo - the bronzer is shimmery, so I will use that as an eyeshadow. I haven't tried the mascara yet, but other than the cargo item, my box was meh. totally boring. The box design is very pretty - but seriously - I had no issues with the plain boxes and if that meant better selections, I would have been fine with them

Last month on a regular basis for me. Sorry BB, you never paid that much attention to my profile to begin with and now that the point system is gone, I feel that 10.00 can be used elsewhere..

I opened my box to find the LOC had gotten all over everything. That was the only item I was actually looking forward to trying.  All in all a horrible box to go with my horrible week. They are making quitting so much easier.

LOC.jpg

Card with lipstick.jpg

My box came today:

13728964_10206510783037461_8759642417363905353_n.jpg

Lulu Organics Hair Powder

Clinique Charcoal Cleansing Gel

Supergoop Setting Mist

Smashbox Xrated mascara

LOC Punch Line gloss pencil

I tried the mascara and it got in my eye, the brush is going to take some getting used to. I like the formula though, it made my eye tear up (not used to the brush so I put it too close to my lash line and the tiniest bit got into my eye) but it didn't burn so thats a plus for me. I'm most excited for the Supergoop setting mist, now I have one for my purse because I love the full size. My box came with the foam padding but no tissue paper, overall it's an okay box. I mean, I'm going to use 3/5 of the items so that's what matters to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
My box was soooooo boring, and I actually feel like they ripped me off. I didn't think foil packets counted as samples any more? Anyway, I got a tiny Klorane shampoo with a barely one use foil conditioner packet. I also got a decent sized Clinique face wash (but blahhhhh), a Smashbox mascara, and tiny Coola. I am fed up with Birchbox and the way they are treating their loyal customers, so I'm cancelling at least one (of my two) accounts.

To get such a bad box, not even worth $10, after over a year of subbing on this account...while they scramble to lure new subscribers with $20 worth of points, etc. just sits the wrong way with me.

I thought the mascara that they sent was supposed to be full size?  My smashbox mascara seemed less than full size, to me!

The mascaras this month were travel size samples, I can't remember birchbox ever sending out a full size mascara. I could be wrong on that but I know I've never sampled one and I've only recently started getting more makeup in my boxes.

ETA looking at my past samples, they did send a full size ModelCo mascara back in my November box in 2012 so I edit my statement to: I haven't received a full size mascara in my box in a long time.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't known Birchbox to send full size mascara's unless you participated in the Beta program they ran for a few months which they sent two full size products for an additional $20/month.

I totally forgot about that! It never seemed worth it to me and I'd rather buy add-ons these days.

Back