Birchbox July 2016 spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My box!

Screenshot at Jul 01 17-27-16.pngScreenshot at Jul 01 17-27-49.png

Pretty excited for my box given the fact I didn't choose a curated box this month!
Not too sure about the liquid soap from Clinique or the perfume, but excited about everything else

With the point change happening on the 11th and reviews can be done starting on the 10th, does anyone else think that we might be able to get points for reviewing this month's box on the 10th?

And then do our last 5 reviews next month. I know I'm gonna try it.
I was hoping the same thing!

I don't think mine is right. They have the smash box mascara instead of my pick, which was the Marcelle. I also got Marcelle 3 in 1, kiehl's serum, MD solar science moisturizer, and L'artisan perfum. Hope it changes. If not I will be contacting them.

I LOVE the marcelle micellar solution, I bought the full size and it lasted me for months. Since I'm holding off on buying from the bb shop I'm using the pink Garnier one, which is still pretty nice but the Marcelle one is my favorite. My preview shows the Smashbox mascara (my pys), clinique charcoal cleansing gel, a LOC gloss pencil, supergoop refresh setting mist (love this stuff), and lulu organics hair powder. A well rounded box imo, I hate that they send me hair stuff that I won't ever use but if the clinique cleansing gel is awesome I won't complain too much.

Holy hamrolls, my July box link is already loaded!!!

I'm getting:

Shiseido ULTIMUNE EYE Power Infusing Eye Concentrate

Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate

Marcelle Xtension Plus Curl Mascara

Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer

Davines This Is a Sea Salt Spray

COOLA® SPF 50 Sport - Mango

(in light of the 5 review lifetime cap going into effect this month, it seems kind of a dick move for Birchbox to make this month's box a 6 item one...)

In spite of the points change, this is actually a pretty good box for me. I'm sure one of the Shiseido products is a foil, but that's ok, it's a high-end brand and one I like. The Marcelle was my sample choice. I'm super excited for the Dr.Jart; I've been hoping Sephora would release the water drop as a deluxe sample promo or points reward or something, so getting it in my BB is even better. The Davines I already got in this summer's LE box, but it's a product I like. The Coola is the only product I really don't care about - thanks to Birchbox I have the entire skittles rainbow of Coola scents.
I've had the Shiseido before and the regular serum lasted me for several weeks of daily use! 

On the other hand, I feel like writing Birchbox and telling them not to bother mailing mine this month:

-Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil

-MD Solar Sciences Sunscreen

-Smashbox XRated Mascara (my choice)

-Coola After Sun Lotion (why do I need this if I used your freakin sunscreen?? Oh because that’s only enough to cover my elbow)

-Benefit Gimme Brow

This is honestly the first time in 2 years that I’ve hated my box.

I'm not happy with my Birchbox at all this month.

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap- I have never been impressed by a Clinique skincare item so I don't have much hope for this.

dr.brandt PoreDermabrasion- dr.brandt has become one of those brands I seem to frequently have samples lying around of. I really like the way scrubby stuff makes my face feel afterwards but to be honest it's not the best for your face so I tend to avoid it or rarely use it. This will probably be used but it's not exciting or anything new.

Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara- I didn't pick a sample this month hoping I would get a nice box as a result. I wasn't particularly interested in any of the choices either. I received this mascara a few months back from ipsy. It will be used and it's not an awful mascara but it's not in my top ten or anything either. 

Tocca Eau de Parfum, Bianca- I hate being sent fragrance samples. I really do. However I just realized this one is described as lemon and citrus so I'm suddenly curious. The only perfumes I wear are light fruit scented ones so maybe this one could be a winner (but I doubt it). 

Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo- I know it's summertime and all but the subscription boxes are getting a little ridiculous with the bronzer and sunscreen. I'm not at all interested in these colors. It looks like the blush is probably going to be hot pink (sigh). I have so many hot pink blushes. I don't even wear hot pink blush. I prefer peachy orange shades or nudes. I wish subscription boxes would at least let you check off colors you prefer for certain products as a guideline but that would probably be overly complicated. 

Overall I'm not really excited about anything. I kind of want to see what the perfume smells like but I still hate being sent a perfume sample as one of my five items. The mascara is useful and the scrub will probably get used eventually but that's about it. From what others are posting though I'm not seeing really anything I want. Seriously debating cancelling. The points are gone, the boxes are meh, and they recently screwed up my shop order so my opinion of Birchbox is at an all time low right now. 

well, if this is my box, I am so happy it is my last month. 

dr.brandt PoreDermabrasion - ugh.  Can I say how much I dislike getting dr brandt samples?
MD Solar Science Moisturizer ~ meh.
Tocca Eau de Parfum, Bianca ~ BIG MEH.  I KEEP GETTING PERFUME SAMPLES.
Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo ~  Do I get both?  Just one?

Now, last month, when I looked at my box early like this, I had some great items in there - but then as the 10th rolled around, it did change.  So, I hope this isn't my box.  I would like to go out with a positive vibe with BB and be open to re-subbing, but wow.  This box just leaves me cold.

I've had the Shiseido before and the regular serum lasted me for several weeks of daily use! 

On the other hand, I feel like writing Birchbox and telling them not to bother mailing mine this month:

-Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil

-MD Solar Sciences Sunscreen

-Smashbox XRated Mascara (my choice)

-Coola After Sun Lotion (why do I need this if I used your freakin sunscreen?? Oh because that’s only enough to cover my elbow)

-Benefit Gimme Brow

This is honestly the first time in 2 years that I’ve hated my box.
The sunshine oil smells really nice ~ I used it as a hair oil and also to moisturize my cuticles and elbows.   The Gimme Brow is one of the better brow products out there ~ I hate the look of drawn on, heavy brows, but this one is nice and very natural looking ~ helps fill in some spaces or tames brows

What the heck Birchbox?

I would LOVE a Bianca sample, it's one of the only Tocca girls I like.
Instead I have

Milk Makeup Sunshine Oil (oily skin, please, NO MORE OIL ANYTHING)

MDsolarsciences sunscreen (blah)

Smashbox Mascara-nope there's a reason I didn't pick a sample!!

Coola Aftersun lotion -the only thing I will possibly use

Benefit Gimme brow thickener..dear god no. I need this like a hole in the head, mine are thick enough! Plus it will likely be a color that looks goofy on a redhead.

It really chaps my hide, too, because I look at the stuff other people are getting that WOULD match my profile, and they hate it, because duh, it doesn't match their choices, it matches mine. Blah.

well, if this is my box, I am so happy it is my last month. 

dr.brandt PoreDermabrasion - ugh.  Can I say how much I dislike getting dr brandt samples?

MD Solar Science Moisturizer ~ meh.

Tocca Eau de Parfum, Bianca ~ BIG MEH.  I KEEP GETTING PERFUME SAMPLES.

Cargo Blush and Bronzer Duo ~  Do I get both?  Just one?

Now, last month, when I looked at my box early like this, I had some great items in there - but then as the 10th rolled around, it did change.  So, I hope this isn't my box.  I would like to go out with a positive vibe with BB and be open to re-subbing, but wow.  This box just leaves me cold.
I love the Bianca, but with your aversion to Rose, it will not be your cup of tea, at it has a pretty prominent rose note in it.

I thought that the cargo was duo, even the samples, but I could be wrong. I actually REALLY like the cargo blush we got awhile back, it stays on really well in the heat for me.

I just read a post on reddit.  One user claims she got an email saying want to peek at your box page.  This let her review for points.  It only seems to work if you got the curated box.  My page looks normal. I can't guarantee this is legit but you may want to check your box page if you picked the curated. 

I just read a post on reddit.  One user claims she got an email saying want to peek at your box page.  This let her review for points.  It only seems to work if you got the curated box.  My page looks normal. I can't guarantee this is legit but you may want to check your box page if you picked the curated. 
Thanks for the tip!

I saw this and went straight to my BB account.  I picked the curated box this month and was just able to review all my items for points.  7 products = 70 points.  Not bad.  

Now if they have a good PYS or curated box again next month, I should be able to get my last 5 reviews then. And I might stick around to see what the next month after that holds before canceling since I'm a little sad to see this sub go.

Some of you have some good boxes.  Would love to try the Shiseido samples.

I got a 5 item box.  2 hair care items again, shampoo and styling lotion, super-goop sunscreen, smash box mascara, and thermal water.  meh.  Thinking about cashing out for rituals shower gel and a facial cleanser after this month.  Anyone have any favorites?

Some of you have some good boxes.  Would love to try the Shiseido samples.

I got a 5 item box.  2 hair care items again, shampoo and styling lotion, super-goop sunscreen, smash box mascara, and thermal water.  meh.  Thinking about cashing out for rituals shower gel and a facial cleanser after this month.  Anyone have any favorites?
Arrow antiperspirant deodorant is really good, it looks tiny but goes a long way.

I also recommend Marvis toothpaste.

I am so glad I did not sign up for the past two boxes (june and july) as there aren't any boxes I've seen posted online that I covet.

Just FYI I was able to review my boxes this morning. One curated, one not. Get those points before 7/11!

Just FYI I was able to review my boxes this morning. One curated, one not. Get those points before 7/11!

It says I can review for points, but I am not getting the full review screen or points for the review I submitted. Blah.

Back